(Topic ID: 210980)

BangerJay In The House

By pinballlife

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180303_223650 (resized).jpg
    20180301_213913 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

BangerJay In The House

Added: 2018-02-27 05:39:13 UTC • Ended: October 15th, 2021
    Condition: New (selling multiple)

Price

$ 60 (Firm)

Price is firm

No description needed.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are pinballlife's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to pinballlife's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Huntley, IL, US

#2 6 years ago

Was that the correct photo you wanted to upload?

#3 6 years ago

It's my wife. She's cuter than BangerJay.

#4 6 years ago

wow - making work at 12:41am a lot more interesting!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

It's my wife. She's cuter than BangerJay.

Yes, she most certainly is!

#6 6 years ago

Strictly following the *no nipple* rule, and what you think is side boob is actually fabric, so please, no one get too excited.

It's all in the *clean fun* of the BangerJay bobblehead.

#7 6 years ago

....and yes, it's a real thing that really is for sale (the bobblehead, of course).

#8 6 years ago

Shipping overseas is not available?

#9 6 years ago

Not through Pinside. There's really not a good way to do that here.

International shipping is available if purchased through our web site.

#10 6 years ago

She is cuter, I concede

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Strictly following the *no nipple* rule

Who in the HELL came up with that rule?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

She is cuter, I concede

Don't sell yourself short. You're a tremendous slouch.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

She is cuter, I concede

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Beerholder

#15 6 years ago

Damn Terry,that’s a bold picture post!

#16 6 years ago

will she be at the open house?

#17 6 years ago

The army...

#18 6 years ago

only 30 made?

#19 6 years ago

30, plus the prototype

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

30, plus the prototype

Prototype being you?

And I have to ask, what's the story behind this?

#21 6 years ago

My for sale post has been *ended*?

I didn't end it. Did I/am I missing something?

Terry.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Prototype being you?
    And I have to ask, what's the story behind this?

I know it's been brought out a few times. The only time I've had the pleasure was when Jay tried to traumatize my children at the cosplay contest at MGC.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

Huh. I remember seeing the ad earlier today, but I can't seem to find it now. Not sure where it went

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Did I/am I missing something?

Was it in market place ?

LTG : )

#25 6 years ago

Haha I thought Terry's wife found out and asked him to take the picture down!

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

LOL Maybe it's not pinball related, although it really is.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

Sold out already?

#28 6 years ago

This entire thread is so bizarre and started by Terry of pinball life is the icing on the cake.

#29 6 years ago

Apparently a moderator thought it was a fake ad and took it down. The ad was put back up, but the picture of my wife was removed. If anyone is wondering, it was a rated PG pic. I'm not going to post it again since there seems to be an issue with it for reasons I can not
    comprehend.

My experiment with selling stuff on Pinside has left me a bit bewildered. I posted a pic of my wife instead of a pic of the BangerJay bobble head because those pics already exist in another thread. Anyone looking to buy this product already knows what it looks like and people who don't want to see it wouldn't have to be subjected to it again in the ad. In place of the BangerJay pic I decided to put a pic of my wife. She's easier on the eyes, IMHO.

My attempts to make the ad different and quirky, i.e. - eye catching, were obviously misunderstood by the moderators and action was taken without any questions being asked first.

I see no rules that were broken, however.

OK, I feel better. Carry on Internet.

Terry.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Apparently a moderator thought it was a fake ad and took it down. The ad was put back up, but the picture of my wife was removed. If anyone is wondering, it was a rated PG pic. I'm not going to post it again since there seems to be an issue with it for reasons I can not
    comprehend.
    My experiment with selling stuff on Pinside has left me a bit bewildered. I posted a pic of my wife instead of a pic of the BangerJay bobble head because those pics already exist in another thread. Anyone looking to buy this product already knows what it looks like and people who don't want to see it wouldn't have to be subjected to it again in the ad. In place of the BangerJay pic I decided to put a pic of my wife. She's easier on the eyes, IMHO.
    My attempts to make the ad different and quirky, i.e. - eye catching, were obviously misunderstood by the moderators and action was taken without any questions being asked first.
    Terry.

I’m sorry Pinside mods did that to you, makes no sense, Ad was GREAT with pic!

#31 6 years ago

That was the most pg picture of all pg pictures. The banger picture is WAY more painful.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

comprehend.
    Terry.

dont worry about it. Pretty typical here that a few of the mods tend to react swiftly to remove, edit, and delete content that even remotely could possibly in some realm be against the TOS in their interpretation of it.

We need Blondetall back to help keep things calmed down and more level head prevailing. She has been missing/behind the scenes and always seemed to be the voice of reason in these situations.

edit: to be clear, this is NOT bagging on moderators or criticizing them publicly. Just a comment on the recent way moderation has shifted and letting Terry know not to fret/ it is not just him...

#33 6 years ago

So some can post pictures of weed/alcohol/cigars all day long can be posted, but a picture of a beautiful woman (fully dressed) is taken down?

(shakes head)

#34 6 years ago

The ad was mistakenly identified as a fake/test ad in error--it was not anything malevolent. I attempted to restore it when I found out about it, but some of the data was already missing. Terry is welcome to add the info back into the ad. Sorry for the disruption, folks.

#35 6 years ago

A picture of Margaret broke the internet.

#36 6 years ago

Perhaps have Margaret showcase the actual product?

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The ad was mistakenly identified as a fake/test ad in error--it was not anything malevolent.

When I looked at the ad I couldn't tell what was being offered. I think it would have been less confusing if the title said Bangerjay Bobbleheads and the photo had the product for sale prominently displayed.

#38 6 years ago

I know I will be in the minority on this one but I feel the marketplace isn't the place to be clever or funny (within reason of course). Show the item for sale and give a good description for everyone who isn't on the inner-pinside social network.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I know I will be in the minority on this one but I feel the marketplace isn't the place to be clever or funny (within reason of course). Show the item for sale and give a good description for everyone who isn't on the inner-pinside social network.

I agree with both of you guys. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on and I was actually up late working when I noticed it. This is not coming out of left field and the pic attached was well interesting.....

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Quoted from delt31:

I agree with both of you guys. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on and I was actually up late working when I noticed it. This is not coming out of left field and the pic attached was well interesting.....

Here is the "ad." Terry just made it official by placing it in the marketplace. Then all else ensued and Terry's pic was taken down. Now we're all left with Borat over here
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-bangerjay-bobbleheads

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Here is the "ad." Terry just made it official by placing it in the marketplace. Then all else ensued and Terry's pic was taken down. Now we're all left with Borat over here
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-bangerjay-bobbleheads

Damn once seen can’t be unseen!
    Put Margaret’s picture back up.
    (If your wife will let you lol

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Exactly why my business sensibilities don't do well here on Pinside.

Any advertising I have ever done has been irreverent and off the cuff. At 54 years of age I really don't see that changing.

Forceflow has been great at communicating with me, btw. The actual mod who took it down without inquiring first has been dead silent though.

Terry.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I’m selling a bobble head created in my likeness of me in a borat suit.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Forceflow has been great at communicating with me, btw. The actual mod who took it down without inquiring first has been dead silent though

You need to open a mod feedback thread for further discussion of this issue. I believe the person who made the deletion does plan to speak with you but it won’t be in this thread. Any further discussion or criticism of the volunteer moderation in this thread by anyone will be a thread eject.

For the record, I enjoyed the picture way more than seeing Bangerjay wearing his man hammock!

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You need to open a mod feedback thread for further discussion of this issue. I believe the person who made the deletion does plan to speak with you but it won’t be in this thread. Any further discussion or criticism of the volunteer moderation in this thread by anyone will be a thread eject.

Thank you Bobby Brady, hall monitor.

#46 6 years ago

Terry, you probably couldn't give these guys a dick-on-a-stick. Puts some LEDs in it and Pinside will eat it up.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Exactly why my business sensibilities don't do well here on Pinside.

Any advertising I have ever done has been irreverent and off the cuff. At 54 years of age I really don't see that changing.

They work well for you and your business. No need to change.

LTG : )

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

The actual mod who took it down without inquiring first has been dead silent though.

That's because it was not a mod

I'm sorry I deleted your ad without notice. When I saw it late last night I figured it was just a joke (in the line of Lion Man etc). I'm all for good jokes, but as you may or may not know, I do try to keep the Marketplace "serious" and free of (P)inside jokes. So I hit the delete button and went to bed.

In my defense, a description and a photo of the actual product would have helped me understand that this was a serious ad and not a joke.

Anyways, sorry about the confusion!

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I'm sorry I deleted your ad without notice. When I saw it late last night I figured it was just a joke (in the line of Lion Man etc). I'm all for good jokes, but as you may or may not know, I do try to keep the Marketplace "serious" and free of (P)inside jokes. So I hit the delete button and went to bed.
    In my defense, a description and a photo of the actual product would have helped me understand that this was a serious ad and not a joke.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PICTURE?!?!?!

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Sorry, I had to neg for talking about LIONMAN outside of the approved thread, but I will try to send another Pinside donation soon to make up for it.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banherjay-in-the-house?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.