Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

after spending countless hours pounding away on my TZ trying to perfect the "bangback" i wondered, Has anyone ever broken the glass out by performing bangbacks? I'm hoping its not possible.

#2 12 years ago

I've never heard of this happening. And I know some serious bangback enthusiasts.

#3 12 years ago

If you break the glass, you're doing it wrong

#4 12 years ago

Exactly if you're doing bang backs even close to right there's literally no chance.

#5 12 years ago

can someone explain what a bangback is?

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can someone explain what a bangback is?

It's cheating , no seriously, its when the ball is draining on the right side and right before it passes the right flipper you press and hold right flipper button and nudge the right corner of the machine to make ball go back in play. It's all about perfect timing for it to work.

#7 12 years ago

Yeah. I personally don't do them nor have I ever tried because I think it is cheating. I will every once in a while deathsave my DE games (when the ball is going out the right inlane, you nudge it right as it hits the metal by the apron to get it to pop back onto the flipper) because they reward you for doing so, but I'll only do it on bad games and usually purposely drain right afterward.

If I did this and somehow was about to set a high score, I flip my machines off quick. In tournaments, anything like this is outlawed, so having high scores that were obtained in not-so-noble ways is not worth doing, I think.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

In tournaments, anything like this is outlawed...

It wasn't always that way though. And since some games know you brought a ball back from the dead, it's not the worst thing in the world. Using the LITZ code is certainly more "cheating" than a bang back is.

But yeah I think bang backs are a young man's game I used to enjoy doing it on the TZ I played. Of course now I own one I'd be too afriad of hurting it...and quite frankly my aging body.
And it has no place in my gaming anymore.

I've never heard of it breaking a glass though. My brother did hit the lock bar and shattered a glass once. Never heard of that either.

#9 12 years ago

While I never heard of a poorly executed bang back breaking a glass.

Look the the edge of your glass, if it's chipping near the spots where the lockdown bar legs go down, well tempered glass don't like that.

LTG

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But yeah I think bang backs are a young man's game

Rick Stetta, who's near 50, still does the smoothest bangbacks I've ever seen. I don't think Neil Shatz does them any more, but I once saw him do the smoothest kick save I've ever seen. Not even a scuff on the leg. And Marc Conant's (also 50-ish) slide saves are more like a 3 hour epic movie. Before even attempting the save, he first 'cocks' the game. It has to be seen

To the original poster, TZ is probably not the best game to learn on. From what I've seen, newer Stern's with metal aprons can be very easy.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

...its when the ball is draining on the right side and right before it passes the right flipper you press and hold right flipper button and nudge the right corner of the machine to make ball go back in play. It's all about perfect timing for it to work.

There's an animated video linked below, although the video is backwards (from the left side).

http://ipdb.org/playing/wizard.html#Bangbacks

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

TheLaw said:But yeah I think bang backs are a young man's game
Rick Stetta, who's near 50, still does the smoothest bangbacks I've ever seen...

Sure sure...I have no doubt of their skills. I just think after a certain(t) age you don't rally care that much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 132.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 22.50
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bangback-breaks-playfield-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.