Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dewey68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven (resized).jpg
    spinal_tap[1] (resized).jpg
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

The Captain and Tenille.

GG Allin.

I'll let the readers decide which one belongs to which category.

#52 7 years ago

I'd like to see Yaz/Yazoo back in the studio, some sort of techno jazz chanteuse thing. Vince and Alison were mesmerizing together. Two LPs always leaves me wanting more.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

The Cars was one of my favorite groups. They did release a new album -- "Move Like This" a couple years ago. I like it but not nearly as good when compared to original group. No one could replace Benjamin Orr -- so they didn't replace him. I believe it was Greg Hawkes that played bass on the album. Not sure what they did when they went on tour.

» YouTube video

The Cars did tour, but only a few shows. I tried to go see the Chicago show, but I had a conflict. And Move Like This is a great album. Obviously Orr was not part of it which was a huge loss to fill. Most Cars fans love the new album, myself included.

#54 7 years ago

The two I am holding out for are DC Talk, and Jellyfish. DC Talk is doing a cruise this summer, hopefully they continue to work together. When they are together, they have such a synergy.

Jellyfish are probably too far removed from their original work in the early 90's, but there is always hope.

#55 7 years ago

The Sex Pistols!

#56 7 years ago

Smiths, yes sir ree!
    Bauhaus has done a couple or reunions already, but another would be great!

Pixies with Kim.

#57 7 years ago

1 band I think of is Genesis..Phil did pretty good when he went solo, but I can think of a fair amount of good tunes w P. Gabriel back in the day..

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Yeah, I know. Morrissey really alienated Marr, Joyce and Rourke.

No that isn't the issue....Joyce lawsuits are what did it.

Quoted from rolandthoms:

Get Peter hook back in new order

New Order without Hook is such a joke. Of course I'd see PH & the Light way before New Order.

#59 7 years ago

One that should never get back together and should have never formed in the first place: Culture Club

#60 7 years ago

Looks like Joe Walsh is touring with Tom Petty & The Heart Breakers. That could be good.

But alone - Joe just can't top when he was with the Eagles.

#61 7 years ago

I'm going to see that show in Champaign with my brother. Petty is playing Wrigley Field but not with Joe Walsh opening. My brother is 10 years older than me and I can remember listening to his Joe Walsh records back in the day. Probably looking forward to seeing Joe Walsh as much as Tom Petty.

#62 7 years ago

How about a band that's been doing it since 1969 with never a break-in or personnel change, ZZ Top? You have to hand it to them. They've been rocking for nearly 50 years. I challenge anyone to name another mainstream rock group who can make the same claim. U2 at around 37-38 years is the only other group within a decade of ZZ Top that I can think of.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Geddy2112:

Rush. Rush...And Rush

Not going to happen. Neil is totally messed up physically and just cant do it anymore. No Neil...no Rush. I actually went to high school with these guys.

#64 7 years ago

ZZ Top is one of my favorites, especially their older stuff, but there were some early changes to the lineup. The original band that recorded the first ZZ Top single was Gibbons, organist Lanier Greig and drummer Dan Mitchell.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

I'd like to hear more from Black Country Communion.

+1 A great group, sort of a cross between Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple. But Joe Bonamassa is too busy with his solo career, I've got tickets to see him again in about a week.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

1 band I think of is Genesis..Phil did pretty good when he went solo, but I can think of a fair amount of good tunes w P. Gabriel back in the day..

If you watch the BBC documentary from last year, you will see why that will never happen.

Phil came back in 2007 and they did a nice farewell tour. I caught 7 of the shows in 3 different countries as I figured it would be it. I see that Phil is trying to do a few solo shows again, which I hope he comes back to the US. His voice sounds like it's better than ever.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

New Order without Hook is such a joke. Of course I'd see PH & the Light way before New Order.

I caught their tour a few years ago at Summerfest in Milwaukee. I never saw them with Hook, but the show was incredible, as was the audience and overall vibe.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I caught their tour a few years ago at Summerfest in Milwaukee. I never saw the with Hook, but the show was incredible, as was the audience and overall vibe.

I saw New Order in 1984 in D.C. They were about an hour and half late getting on stage. By that time, the crowd was really PO'd and inexplicably booed when they came on stage (I think people were mad cause their buzz was wearing off). Hook started cussing out the audience. In went the 5.5" floppies and the show started with a stoic band that was merely fulfilling their obligation. Then the show ended with no encores. Strangest concert I've ever seen.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The Cars did tour, but only a few shows. I tried to go see the Chicago show, but I had a conflict. And Move Like This is a great album. Obviously Orr was not part of it which was a huge loss to fill. Most Cars fans love the new album, myself included.

I went to that Chicago show. You didn't miss anything. It was like they put the CD on over the PA and put some cardboard cut-outs of the band on the stage. And I say that as a huge Cars fan, I was very disappointed.

#70 7 years ago

Two bands I would like to see get back together are Talking Heads and LCD Soundsystem. Never got to see either of them live.

#71 7 years ago

The Talking Heads

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

The White Stripes

I'll second The White Stripes, and while I'm at it, add White Zombie to the mix.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Not going to happen. Neil is totally messed up physically and just cant do it anymore. No Neil...no Rush. I actually went to high school with these guys.

My understanding was that Neil was up for the occasional show and new records but not into the traditional long tours anymore?

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

I'll second The White Stripes, and while I'm at it, add White Zombie to the mix.

HELL yes. To Zombie. I don't see this EVER happening, as Rob doesn't even talk to the other members... but if the movie biz doesn't pan out for a few years who knows what might happen! It's obvious music isn't his bread and butter anymore...

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

add White Zombie to the mix.

YES !!

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

My understanding was that Neil was up for the occasional show and new records but not into the traditional long tours anymore?

His back is a mess. Maybe an album but tour is a no for sure at least from what ive heard through the grapevine.

#77 7 years ago

White Zombie was a lot better than Robs solo stuff. I pretty much stopped buying any of his albums after he broke up White Zombie.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I went to that Chicago show. You didn't miss anything. It was like they put the CD on over the PA and put some cardboard cut-outs of the band on the stage. And I say that as a huge Cars fan, I was very disappointed.

But they always sucked as a live band didn't they? I wanted to make it just to see Sad Song live.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Two bands I would like to see get back together are Talking Heads and LCD Soundsystem. Never got to see either of them live.

Good call on Talking Heads, but doesn't sound like that will ever happen.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

White Zombie was a lot better than Robs solo stuff. I pretty much stopped buying any of his albums after he broke up White Zombie.

Couldnt agree more.

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Last I read somewhere LCD were actually writing a new album and planning a tour.

Talking heads is a never going to happen

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

I'd like to hear more from Black Country Communion.

They're recording now.. Glenn Hughes posts about it on FB from time to time.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

But they always sucked as a live band didn't they? I wanted to make it just to see Sad Song live.

I think they played Sad Song but not positive. I had been told to temper my expectations because of their notoriously wooden performances but it was still a letdown because they were such a big part of my childhood soundtrack in the late 70s early 80s.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from beepnutz:

Love to see Roxy Music again.

Better to keep the memories of what they were. I saw Brian Ferry at Bluesfest in 2016. His voice is shot. It was horrible. Worst show of the festival and a huge disappointment.

#85 7 years ago

I'd like to see Gregg Allman and Dickey Betts back together for one more Allman Brothers ride.

#86 7 years ago

-The Smiths
    -Fugazi
    -Jawbreaker
    -the White Stripes
    -Cro-Mags (with Harley and JJ)
    -Oasis
    -Black Sabbath (too soon?)

#87 7 years ago

Shame on me for missing Fugazi in my first post. Good call!

Maybe we'll get one.

I am a patient boy...

#88 7 years ago

Oh yeah! $5 Fugazi shows. I remember buying Repeater when it first dropped, but Fugazi was just the consummate live band. They were really powerful.

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Black Sabbath (too soon?)

Never too soon for Sabbath !!!!

#90 7 years ago

It has always been a wish to see the 87 Whitesnake lineup, specifically Sykes and Coverdale. However, it never happened and it never will. It's a shame as they had a great thing going for a short time.

One band that has gotten back together is The Zombies, one of the greatest 60's British Invasion bands after those roughagains from Liverpool. I've caught them once before and they are touring again if you get a chance.

#91 7 years ago

How about Spinal Tap? I'm sure they only need a new drummer.

spinal_tap[1] (resized).jpgspinal_tap[1] (resized).jpg

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven (resized).jpgSpinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven (resized).jpg

#92 7 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

-Cro-Mags (with Harley and JJ)

With the help of the internet these days I can say I saw Cro-Mags in Detroit 1988, & Fugazi in Ann Arbor in 1990.
    Even more amazing the fact i could buy that recording if i wanted to...weird.

http://www.dischord.com/fugazi_live_series/ann-arbor-mi-usa-62390

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

With the help of the internet these days I can say I saw Cro-Mags in Detroit 1988, & Fugazi in Ann Arbor in 1990.
    Even more amazing the fact i could buy that recording if i wanted to...weird.
    http://www.dischord.com/fugazi_live_series/ann-arbor-mi-usa-62390

Bad ass. I've seen them with JJ fairly recently, and saw them with Harley in maybe 1990. Saw Fugazi a few times... pretty amazing Ian managed to archive every single show they've played. Of COURSE the price is five dollars haha. Some things never change

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

But alone - Joe just can't top when he was with the Eagles.

That's why The James Gang should get back together.

#95 7 years ago

I'd like to see Soul Coughing get together again. I liked them "back in the day" but only the few songs I heard on the radio. After they broke up I got into their albums. I don't think they are on good terms.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bands-that-should-reunite-and-bands-that-shouldnt/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.