Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dewey68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven (resized).jpg
    spinal_tap[1] (resized).jpg
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

If any of you are SiriusXM subscribers, check out channel 106 Volume and especially their Debatable show with Alan Light and Mark Goodman. They do a lot of top 5 list shows where they list their top 5 selections for the daily topic, such as best progressive album to best frontman/woman and everything in between.

This week they were talking about the Eagles doing a tour without Glen Frey. That got me thinking about what bands I'd like to see get back together and do a tour, and which ones really should hang it up or stay broken up.

I'm sitting listening to Candy-O by The Cars right now, and thinking how cool it would be to see them play a tour some summer. I know Benjamin Orr is gone, so it wouldn't be the same band.

What bands would you like to see get together and tour, and what bands should stay retired?

#2 7 years ago

I'd like to see The Beatles get back together.

The Ramones too.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The Ramones too.

What will it take for a Beatles reunion?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

Ringo, Paul, and Pete. The rest have pasted on. Have to say, Beatles with other family members just will not cut it.

Should not.
    Just watch the Apple Studio roof top films. Call it a day.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

We would have to go back in time.

#6 7 years ago

Grateful Dead.

LTG : )

#7 7 years ago

The guys in Supertramp should burry all of the hatchets, Tour once again, rake in a few more dollars. This will make many fans happy.

#8 7 years ago

Bananarama

#9 7 years ago

There are quite a few aging rock bands that should break up so we won't have to suffer thru another grandpa rock pinball machine.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

There are quite a few aging rock bands that should break up so we won't have to suffer thru another grandpa rock pinball machine.

Where is our Fleetwood Mac pin?

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Where is our Fleetwood Mac pin?

It sure as heck better be a Peter Green Fleetwood Mac is all I can say.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The Ramones too.

The Ramones? Okay well I guess second drummer and third bass player are still alive...

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

I'm sitting listening to Candy-O by The Cars right now, and thinking how cool it would be to see them play a tour some summer. I know Benjamin Orr is gone, so it wouldn't be the same band.

Ric had stated that the Cars were done. That was many years ago, shortly after Benjamins death. No one could replace Benjamin.

#14 7 years ago

Rage Against The Machine
    The White Stripes
    Pink Floyd
    The Sisters of Mercy
    Bauhaus
    Mr. Bungle
    Oingo Boingo
    The Smiths
    System of a Down
    The Talking Heads

#15 7 years ago

Midnight Oil is on a 2017 world tour. Not sure on tour dates, or if they had been on hiatus.

ABBA has been offered millions of dollars to do 10 shows, NYC and LA.

#16 7 years ago

Heaven forbid Aerosmith ever gets back together or the next thing you know they will have a pinball machine themed after that band.

#17 7 years ago

Well it wasn't that long ago they did. Although the concerts were absolutely top notch, the album was ho-hum.
    Not embarrassing, but pulled out a bit too quick.

Pink Floyd had a better chance than Smiths with Joyce in there... Absolutely would never happen. Hopefully he dies and then maybe

Quoted from Darcy:

ABBA has been offered millions of dollars to do 10 shows, NYC and LA.

I believe they were famously offered a billion dollars and turned it down?

Quoted from Darcy:

Ric had stated that the Cars were done. That was many years ago, shortly after Benjamins death. No one could replace Benjamin.

But they did get back together lately right? After the "new cars" shannanigins

#18 7 years ago

The doors. We need the doors to get back together. Raise Jim Morrison from the dead and put them on tour. Then, stern can make a Doors pin.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

But they did get back together lately right? After the "new cars" shannanigins

A 2011 tour USA and Canada. That tour was after the New Cars with Todd Rundgren. Nothing since, Ric had been promoting re-mastered Cars vinyl and CDs.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

The Cars was one of my favorite groups. They did release a new album -- "Move Like This" a couple years ago. I like it but not nearly as good when compared to original group. No one could replace Benjamin Orr -- so they didn't replace him. I believe it was Greg Hawkes that played bass on the album. Not sure what they did when they went on tour.

The one I was surprised to see still going strong is Gary Numan. Some of his newer stuff such as "Crazier" is awesome.

#21 7 years ago

RE: bands that should re-unite, the real answer is none of them. they all suck when they do. The Buzzcocks are literally the only exception.

back in the mid-90s, when all of a sudden punk was profitable, every stupid-ass founding father punk band got back together - the sex pistols, the misfits, dead kennedys, descendents, the list goes on. hell, after a flurry of lawsuits a couple years ago, there ended up being two separate Black Flag reunion bands touring simultaneously! pathetic.

gotta give credit to Ian MacKaye / Minor Threat. dude does what he says he's gonna do. when he breaks up a band, it stays broken up. the guys from Minor Threat, despite being the very greatest and one of the most influential punk bands of all time, will never be getting up on a stage and crassly cashing in as a cover version of their younger selves. and ironically, it'd be one of the easiest things to pull off -- they are all still alive and healthy and active, and are friendly with each other. and they could easily make millions upon millions touring. they are true legends -- i'd kill to see them live. but among their contemporaries they alone seem understand it would be bullshit.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Rage Against The Machine
    The White Stripes
    Pink Floyd
    The Sisters of Mercy
    Bauhaus
    Mr. Bungle
    Oingo Boingo
    The Smiths
    System of a Down
    The Talking Heads

If the Sisters ever did reform it would never get as far as a gig before Eldritch's mental ego ruined it.

#23 7 years ago

I'd love to see The Jam do a tour.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

I'd love to see The Jam do a tour.

I'm glad I saw the last tour they did here. That's like eons ago.

#25 7 years ago

Rage against the machine for sure ended too early and would be nice to see. But The Misfits only did one or two shows last year,would be nice to have a tour, life's too short.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad I saw the last tour they did here. That's like eons ago.

About 35 years ?

#28 7 years ago

Never happen with the original line up.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Never happen with the original line up.

Yeah, I know. Morrissey really alienated Marr, Joyce and Rourke. Doesn't hurt to dream though...

#30 7 years ago

The only ones I want back together are the ones that someone croaked it, like,
    INXS, The Angels, original BEACH BOYS, NIRVANA, BEATLES etc. etc.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Rage Against The Machine
    The White Stripes
    Pink Floyd
    The Sisters of Mercy
    Bauhaus
    Mr. Bungle
    Oingo Boingo
    The Smiths
    System of a Down
    The Talking Heads

System of a down is playing 7 shows in Europe this summer.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

About 35 years ?

Sounds about right. Maybe a little more. See the band while they are happening and you don't need a reunion tour.

#33 7 years ago

For me, the most obvious would be Led Zeppplin

#34 7 years ago

AC/DC instead of Angus/DC

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Metengo:

AC/DC instead of Angus/DC

FK Yeah....... Brian got the shitty end of the stick on that one. No bands to big to forget about the members who made it. PERIOD !!!

#36 7 years ago

Love to see Roxy Music again.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Am I the only one who remembers the Cars did a new album and short tour about 5 years back?

The album was good but the tour sucked. Not a surprise as they were pretty boring live even back in the day.

#38 7 years ago

Guns and Roses finally got back together, now we need Zeppelin and Talking Heads.

#39 7 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing a fat Flock of Seagulls.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I wouldn't mind seeing a fat Flock of Seagulls.

It'll never take off.

#41 7 years ago

Rush. Rush...And Rush

#42 7 years ago

The Fabulous Thunderbirds. Would like to see Kim Wilson and Jimmie Vaughan back together.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

System of a down is playing 7 shows in Europe this summer.

Well, I'll be damned...

#44 7 years ago

All for reunions but with one contract clause:
    When you lose over half of the original members
    OR your cover band sounds better it's time to unplug the amp and go home.

#45 7 years ago

Flock of seagulls suck live

Get Peter hook back in new order

Smiths will reunite before I die

See depeche mode this summer

English beat (with only original member DAVE wakeling) is still a great show.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Flock of seagulls suck live.

Yes, I know. I was kidding because they look like old mutants now.

#47 7 years ago

I'd pay a LOT to see the real Kraftwerk play. Not four blokes stood behind laptops.

#48 7 years ago

I really wanted to see Roger Waters rejoin Pink Floyd, but since Richard Wright died I'm fine that they don't.

There are many bands of that era that I wish I would have seen, but I was too young.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

I really wanted to see Roger Waters rejoin Pink Floyd, but since Richard Wright died I'm fine that they don't.
    There are many bands of that era that I wish I would have seen, but I was too young.

No, dude...you should be more bummed--as I am--that 2/3 of ELP died last year. I was really hoping they'd do one more go 'round. That--along with Glenn Frey--was the biggest shock to me last year.

#50 7 years ago

I'd like to hear more from Black Country Communion.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bands-that-should-reunite-and-bands-that-shouldnt/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.