Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MJ1A3254 (resized).jpg
u2 (resized).jpg
MI0003807400 (resized).jpg
metallicapic21 (resized).jpg
zz tyler (resized).jpg
zz top (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

Ok, I am not going to say death, but I would have been ok with Metallica going into a coma between the Black album and Hardwired.
Megadeth should have been done with Countdown to Extinction.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Of course taking up the rear #5 spot was Metallica.

LOL, we were typing at the same time.
MoP was definitely the highlight, but there was some good stuff up to the Black album. It wasn't pure thrash metal anymore, but I was ok with that. Load was a bridge too fucking far, though.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I liked up to the black album too. After that I wasn't really young and pissed off any more and I don't think they were either.

I'm just old and pissed off.
I think Hardwired did what they tried to do previously, and recaptured a bit of that angry magic. The title song is great. I wanted to like the obligatory Lovecraftian song("Dream No More"), but it is not even in the same league as their other attempts("Call of Cthulhu," "The Thing that Should Not Be"). (No, we won't talk about "All Nightmare Long," regardless of whether it's about the Hounds or not...).

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

But yeah I never understood the last 25 years of uber compression

Victims of the Loudness War...

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Oh there is no supposing with that one!

Yeah, I can't stomach Mustaine these days.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bands-that-should-have-died-sooner?tu=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.