Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MJ1A3254 (resized).jpg
u2 (resized).jpg
MI0003807400 (resized).jpg
metallicapic21 (resized).jpg
zz tyler (resized).jpg
zz top (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I got 2. Went to ZZ Top on New Years night (Dallas) in 80 or 81. No mention of a warm up band or anything on the radio. Lights go down, people pumped. Curtains open. Bunch of black guys called "the bus boys". Their lead off song was "I want to join the ku klux klan and play in a rockin roll band". They got booed off of the stage and we got an extra long zz set.
Another time we went to "Texas jam" a all day thing with about 7 or 8 bands. Sammy Hagar (pre halen) was next to last and just killed it. The headliners came out (Styx) singing mr roboto. Everyone got up and left. Place was half empty before their set was over.

Wow Mr Roboto wtf My buddies and I were in a store 1976 and Sweet Madame Blue came on the store sound system.
We were high on red bud and the rockin guitar solo between SMB and Miss America started we pulled out Oort air guitars
And smoked that solo people actually cheered the three of us.We were rock stars legends in our own minds.What the hell
Was the lead singers fascination with robots?Tommy Shaw said one time he couldn't do one more song about robots!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bands-that-should-have-died-sooner?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.