Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MJ1A3254 (resized).jpg
u2 (resized).jpg
MI0003807400 (resized).jpg
metallicapic21 (resized).jpg
zz tyler (resized).jpg
zz top (resized).jpg
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Nickleback:
Had first practice as a band...
DEATH

Couldn't agree more.

#102 6 years ago

Good ideas here & my first thoughts were

Ministry - after Psalm 69...or even that included I'm alright with.

New Order - after Power, Corruption & Lies.

The Jesus and Mary Chain - after Darklands

Soft Cell - 1 & done after Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret

Etc

Quoted from Neal_W:

U2!!
Endless stream of Rock/Post-Punk hits in the 80's.

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Really? I thought Achtung Baby was by far their best album.

U2 for sure...where to cut them is hard. i would saw J Tree but I can respect Achtung Baby even though I don't like it because they totally flipped their script.

Quoted from pezpunk:

Fugazi - hung around about 17 years, and was still producing urgently essential music up until the minute they disbanded. Ian Mackaye is a dude whose picture should be in the dictionary next to the phrase "artistic integrity". ...

We get it you're close to DC. At least go the Minor Threat route which is 100% good.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We get it you're close to DC. At least go the Minor Threat route which is 100% good.

Minor Threat, while they were the greatest band of all time, was only around for a few years, though.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Minor Threat, while they were the greatest band of all time, was only around for a few years, though.

Too true

#105 6 years ago

Deleted

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I got 2. Went to ZZ Top on New Years night (Dallas) in 80 or 81. No mention of a warm up band or anything on the radio. Lights go down, people pumped. Curtains open. Bunch of black guys called "the bus boys". Their lead off song was "I want to join the ku klux klan and play in a rockin roll band". They got booed off of the stage and we got an extra long zz set.
Another time we went to "Texas jam" a all day thing with about 7 or 8 bands. Sammy Hagar (pre halen) was next to last and just killed it. The headliners came out (Styx) singing mr roboto. Everyone got up and left. Place was half empty before their set was over.

Wow Mr Roboto wtf My buddies and I were in a store 1976 and Sweet Madame Blue came on the store sound system.
We were high on red bud and the rockin guitar solo between SMB and Miss America started we pulled out Oort air guitars
And smoked that solo people actually cheered the three of us.We were rock stars legends in our own minds.What the hell
Was the lead singers fascination with robots?Tommy Shaw said one time he couldn't do one more song about robots!

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Genesis!
The older Genesis was not as big with me when I was younger, but now, this is one of my favorite songs. Firth of fifth.
and thier pop stuff was ok with me, I grew up with it.
But I like this way better.
» YouTube video
Also firth of fifth it brings back a feeling. A good feeling. From my past. I can't explain it.

It was the same with me. I saw them in 92 and during the old medley when Phil screams during The Musical Box I turned to my buddy and said what the hell is this? That started the journey into the older material.

My two personal favorites are Duke and Nursery Cryme. I like the Lamb and have seen The Musical Box perform it 4 times, but the album is flawed.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Half the songs are clearly written from the perspective of a Fox News consuming Trump supporter, which I suppose Mustaine probably is

Oh there is no supposing with that one!

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Oh there is no supposing with that one!

Yeah, I can't stomach Mustaine these days.

#110 6 years ago

Pink Floyd-

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn 1967

A Saucerful of Secrets 1968

More 1969

Ummagumma 1969

Atom Heart Mother 1970

Meddle 1971

Obscured by Clouds 1972

The Dark Side of the Moon 1973

Wish You Were Here 1975

Animals 1977

Then DEATH!!!!!!!

#111 6 years ago

Boston after Don’t Look Back

Bad Company after Paul Rogers

2 weeks later
#112 6 years ago

Nazareth

1971 Nazareth
1972 Exercises
1973 Razamanaz
1973 Loud 'n' Proud
1974 Rampant
1975 Hair of the Dog
1976 Close Enough for Rock 'n' Roll
1976 Play 'n' the Game
1977 Expect No Mercy
1979 No Mean City
DEATH!!!!!

#113 6 years ago

Anthrax was revived with Worship Music, Joey Belladonna. Awesome album. Megadeth Dystopia is one of their best since Peace Sells IMO and cant wait for their next album.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Boston after Don’t Look Back
Bad Company after Paul Rogers

Bad Company is still fronted by Paul Rodgers....

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Bad Company is still fronted by Paul Rodgers....

Unfortunately!

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anthrax was revived with Worship Music, Joey Belladonna. Awesome album. Megadeth Dystopia is one of their best since Peace Sells IMO and cant wait for their next album.

I love anthrax. Belladonna is amazing. He sang at Ronnie James Dio's funeral. Did you know that Scott Ian is married to Meatloafs daughter?

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from bookemdano:

Did you know that Scott Ian is married to Meatloafs daughter?

MJ1A3254 (resized).jpgMJ1A3254 (resized).jpg

#117 6 years ago

What's that thing he's got hanging from his chin? Looks funny.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

What's that thing he's got hanging from his chin? Whack that thing off with some garden sheers.

Thinking it is tucked into his Vee neck shirt.

7 months later
#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

U2!!
Endless stream of Rock/Post-Punk hits in the 80's. -> 2014 Get this shit off my iPhone NOW!!11
[quoted image]

Came in expecting U2. Leaving satisfied.

They should've called it quits after POP.

#120 5 years ago

She doesn't look to thrilled...…..

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

She doesn't look to thrilled...…..

Chicks like to get dressed up in heels, she cant really do that when she is married to a guy shorter than herself.

#122 5 years ago

I just thought of another...George Thorogood was pretty cool in the late 70s and some of the 80s but put out some total crap over the last 20 or 30 years...George just put out another album last year in fact, not sure why.....

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bands-that-should-have-died-sooner/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.