4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ibis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

So the 10k reel is locking on when it turns from 6 to 7. I took it part, cleaned everything, made sure everything was gapped, reassembled. I also checked to see if something was causing a short on the contact pad, nothing there. I did the same for the 1k reel too. I also looked at the 1000 point relay, everything cleaned and gaped as well. For whatever reason when the reel turns from 6 to 7 it still locks on. I can manually unlock it, I just turn the wheel a little and it lets go.

Is this anything anyone has experience with?

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from ibis:

Is this anything anyone has experience with?

Nothing like that, but have a read thru this: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Currieddog! I wasn't sure anything would surface from the link since I have read it all before but it actually helped me figure it out. The EOS switch was the culprit. I bent it out of the way so it wouldn't make contact and the reel works fine(passage in the link says its fine if the switch it removed from the circuit). For whatever reason the 6 to 7 motion must be a bad move for the reel and EOS switch. I messed with that EOS switch earlier today for almost 90 minutes and no luck. But removing it from the circuit was the trick! Thanks again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baly-hi-deal-score-reel-acting-wierd?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.