(Topic ID: 206098)

Bally/Williams Promo Videos - Can I Post Them?

By Mr_Tantrum

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Thanks to Fulltilt's Christmas giveaway, I'm the proud owner of "The Ultimate Williams Promo Tape Collection" (3 volumes) which has over 40 of the original Bally/Williams operator promo videos for various pins as they were launched. It was really fun to watch how the technology was developing, and how Bally/Williams promoted their pins. Each video also has great info about how to play the game.

Anyway, I've ripped these 3 DVD's to MP4 for my personal viewing, but was wondering if anyone could speak to the legality of me posting the individual videos online (e.g. YouTube) so that all Pinsiders could easily view the ones they might be interested in? Figured I would try to figure this part out before I take the time to actually split out the individual promos.

#4 6 years ago

Well, I have the definitive answer from PPS (owner of licensing for Bally/Williams), so I will not be posting these. If you search hard enough on the web, I know some of them are out there. I believe that PPS has plans to publish themselves in the future and/or make available to the public (can't speak to when), as they are really fun to watch.

Somehow these were released by Pin Game Journal in celebration of their 100th issue (I have no idea what year it was), but it looks like they are still available as part of a 5 disk set (www.pingamejournal.com/cool). I can't speak to if/how they are licensed, but worth the few bucks they cost in my opinion.

2 years later
    #7 4 years ago
    Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Did these ever get published ?

I was told by PPS that I absolutely cannot post them. Outside of that, I cannot speak to their plans to make them available.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ballywilliams-promo-videos-can-i-post-them?tu=mr_tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.