(Topic ID: 170628)

Bally/Stern 7 digit replacement displays - whose are best?

By RoyF

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by bdPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Who sells the best Bally/Stern 7 digit replacement displays, and why do you think their product is the best? Options can include some assembly required, but I'm not interested in reusing the old display boards.

I was looking at these ones today: www.wolffpactech.com

Hoping to see others at Chicago Expo next week, but perhaps there is a product worth consideration that won't be shown at Expo....

#2 7 years ago

I like the pinitech boards as they reuse the original pcbs. This is a good option for someone willing to do the work

#3 7 years ago

Babcock.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I like the pinitech boards as they reuse the original pcbs. This is a good option for someone willing to do the work

It is my understanding he is also working on a full replacement kit to be released sometime this Winter. Only time will tell but Wayne (Pinitech) has done a great job with everything I have seen so far so I wouldn't expect anything less once he releases full replacement kits. Also when talking with him he has said his complete displays will use less power than anything else currently on the market and will also be priced a little cheaper than most.

Knowing Wayne personally I know he puts a ton of time & effort into everything he releases with a lot of attention to detail. He isn't always the fastest guy to bring stuff to the market but when he does release something it is well done with good components that will last and is sold at a fair price point.

#5 7 years ago

I have xpin 7 digits in my stern. Love them! Easy peasy to install and they look great. They even have a dimmer knob so you can adjust the brightness to your liking. Plug and play. Around 310 shipped to replace all displays.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have xpin 7 digits in my stern.

www.xpinbinball.com

I took a look. How is the orange color compared to original displays?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

http://www.xpinbinball.com
    I took a look. How is the orange color compared to original displays?

It's richer. Doesn't have that cloudy look to it like original displays do.

#8 7 years ago

I glanced at the Xpin ones, they're a LITTLE bit pricey.. I need the ENTIRE piece - the mounting bracket and all. Do they come with those?

-Brian

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from bdPinball:

I glanced at the Xpin ones, they're a LITTLE bit pricey.. I need the ENTIRE piece - the mounting bracket and all. Do they come with those?
    -Brian

No. comes with pcb and display glass. That's it. There is no display aftermarket options that come with those brackets that I know of.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I like the pinitech boards as they reuse the original pcbs.

I see the Pinside thread on this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-diy-bally-led-displays-using-old-boards

And Wayne's pre-order interest list: http://www.pinitech.com/products/ballystern_conversion_led_display.php

Watching it with interest.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. comes with pcb and display glass. That's it. There is no display aftermarket options that come with those brackets that I know of.

But there was at least one design that screws flat to the wood and you remove the brackets all together. Not sure if available in 7 digit.

#12 7 years ago

7 Digit? I'll take as many as I can get!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ballystern-7-digit-replacement-displays-whose-are-best and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.