8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Bow-Arrow-Work1_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

When I start the game, the ball will not launch to the plunger as it should. The outhole relay keeps running (clicking back and forth), a bar on the inside of the coin door continuously moves back and forth and the score motor keeps running (with a blue spark). What needs to be done, so that the ball is launched and I can play this game?

#2 8 years ago

Check you're other thread best to keep it all in that one. Previous things you did are probably related....good to have the whole history when debugging.

#3 8 years ago

Ok, thanks for the tip. I'll let you know what the score motor is doing on the other thread. (I saw your reply there)

#4 8 years ago

Replied to you on KLOV with a very detailed response

#5 8 years ago

Yes I saw that. Thanks for the simplified explanations too. I'm very much a novice at this!

#6 8 years ago

Hi Arcadeto87
I like the title of this topic - lets look at some stuff - You say: "Manually move the ball from the Outhole over to the Shooter-Alley does stop the "endlessly turning of Scoremotor". Question: And so You can play that ball ? make some points ? make some bonus ? You loose that ball, it rolls into the Outhole -> what happens ? IS BONUS COUNTED DOWN ?

I made a snippet of schema using http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=362 . I believe Your pin is one of the (I do not like very much) pins "delivering the ball to the Shooter-Alley - AND step the Bonus-Unit ONE step (up)". I put many numbers into the JPG - not really in order - but to have "numbers to refer (in other posts as well as in this post)".

The ball is in the Outhole - the Score-Motor turns - the Outhole-Relay pulls (and let go and pulls an let go ...) -> "red switch '1'" does close and open and close etc., red-switch-2 is closed when the Outhole-Relay is pulling -> the Outhole-Kicker (Red-3) should fire --- it does not. So have a look at "red-2" -> "Normally-Open-Switch on Outhole-Relay with wires soldered-on: color-38-yellow-black, color-53-white-yellow -> does the switch SECURELY close when relay is pulling ? contact-points clean ? wires soldered-on ? A "test a bit tricky": when Motor turns and Outhole-Relay pulls: Hold the tip of a screwdriver onto THESE TWO BLADES - making a Micro-Jumpering.
Also check the coil of Outhole-KICKER-Solenoid: wire-color-53-white-yellow, wire-color-80-black TRUELY soldered-on ? (ALWAYS: grab a wire and gently pull a bit --- is it TRUELY soldered-on?)
To check "red-switch-1": play and make the (red-4, red-5) "Top-Hole" actuate - the turning Score-Motor should actuate the feature through red-switch-1 --- if "Top-Hole-Features works - we can clue "switch-red-1" works.

We might have to look in other places - please write about "Outhole-Kicker" (the stuff "Red-1, -2, -3, -4, -5). Greetings Rolf

0Bow-Arrow-Work1_(resized).jpg0Bow-Arrow-Work1_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ballys-bow-and-arrow-game-will-not-launch-ball-at-game-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.