Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Zipper adjust (resized).jpg
PXL_20220129_020933484 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220129_020849640 (resized).jpg
20220103_065432 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi all, so on my Bally 4MBC and shopping it out, I'm down to the last item, and that is taking the 'slop' out of the zipper flipper mechanism by replacing the bushings with larger diameter ones, and replacing the washers as needed.
On Clay's repair page regarding zipper flippers, the reference for replacement parts were the bushings. I ordered them from Marcos, and they are the same size as the original bushings! I've combed the local hardware stores for bushings and washers and nothing there. Other than one YouTube video, a few forum posts, and Clay's pinrepair site, that explain the 'how to' repair or upgrade zipper flippers, none gives or show part #'s.
All that said, does anyone know the sizes and where to get them? Also some way to cross reference the part #' s in the parts catalog?

20220103_065432 (resized).jpg20220103_065432 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

I fortunately hadn't had to "fix any slop" with my zipper flippers

perhaps shoot a PM to Skidave from here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-zipper-flipper-club-aka-all-hail-ted-zale/page/4#post-5959230

#3 2 years ago

Cool! Thank you.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from phergott:

Cool! Thank you.

Yup, Skidave was a great resource when I was rebuilding my Medusa zipper flippers.

#5 2 years ago

Sorry, late the party. Thanks for the mentions chas10e and @mudflaps.

I don't have any more in my possession, but I can dig out my paperwork and give you the vendor's name and part numbers for the nylon bushings. Shot me a PM.

2 weeks later
#7 2 years ago

Hi guys,
My Bally Joust zipper flippers close too much, they are almost touching, not sure how far apart they should be in closed position...? But right now the ball sometimes exits straight out to the left of my left zipper. Could you direct me as to the adjustments needed to open them up a bit? Maybe by indicating the numbers on the diagram above?
Thank you!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

Hi guys,
My Bally Joust zipper flippers close too much, they are almost touching, not sure how far apart they should be in closed position...? But right now the ball sometimes exits straight out to the left of my left zipper. Could you direct me as to the adjustments needed to open them up a bit? Maybe by indicating the numbers on the diagram above?
Thank you!

Pics please and post of a pic of the underside with the Zipper open and closed.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

Hi guys,
Thank you!

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1989/Bally_1967_Rocket_III_Effective_Adjustments_On_Movable_Flipper_Assembly.pdf

You can adjust the open relay a little

#10 2 years ago

Sorry I don't know what you are referring to. Screws at top right? I'm a newbie, please show me.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Pics please and post of a pic of the underside with the Zipper open and closed.

PXL_20220129_020849640 (resized).jpgPXL_20220129_020849640 (resized).jpgPXL_20220129_020933484 (resized).jpgPXL_20220129_020933484 (resized).jpg
#12 2 years ago

The 2 screws here can adjust where the thing stays latched closed.

moves the "open flipper" coil

Zipper adjust (resized).jpgZipper adjust (resized).jpg

Another solution may be double-up 1" & 1.25" rubbers on each flippers ?

#13 2 years ago

Ok thank you for drawing on the pic! I'll try the adjustment.
Don't understand the flipper rubber statement, my flippers are two inches, so...?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-zipper-flipper-washers-and-bushings-question?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.