6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JReedie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hello everyone i have recently put a bally Xs and Os onto location which i had managed to get working very reliably, but of course 3 days later i get a call saying that both lower flippers are "going crazy" so i went down and theyre definately going crazy! Ive checked all end of strokes and they seem to be fine, the cabinet switches could be better but again seem to be fine. Does anybody have any ideas what the issue could be??

#2 6 years ago

Check the resistance on the flipper coils

#3 6 years ago

The x's & o's I'm working on had the upper flipper doing the same thing. Turned out to be a bad coil. The hold side was open.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from bflagg:

The x's & o's I'm working on had the upper flipper doing the same thing. Turned out to be a bad coil. The hold side was open.

Specifically, the winding with the thinner wire is probably broken near one of the terminals. With the EOS switch open, the resistance across the power winding terminals should be 3 ohms and the resistance across the hold winding should be about 350 ohms.

If there's not enough slack in the broken wire to strip the end and resolder, you can unwind it one turn, cut off the excess and resolder.

#5 6 years ago

Is there no chance that the issue could he anything else? I find it a bit strange that both lower flippers started to fail at the same time

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-xs-os-flippers-machine-gunning?hl=jreedie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.