• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

021458EB-FAFE-4E52-B4A7-A099C8460BA3 (resized).jpeg
C206CD5F-6D21-4D2F-8729-763619E6E86F (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Bally's Xenon is equipped with a sound card/vocalizer combo AS2518-56 and AS2518-57. This same combo was also used a year later by Bally in the early part of the production of Flash Gordon, but Bally switched over to a single squak-talk (AS2518-56) for the majority of the Flash Gordon pins.

Question #1 - Has anyone out there in Pinside-Land, similar to the F Gordon, successfully replaced the sound card/vocalizer combo in a Xenon with the AS2518-56?

Question #2 - Has anyone out there in Pinside-Land used the aftermarket replacement for AS2518-56 & AS2518-57 from geeteoh.com? If so, what is your opinion/experience withthis board?

TIA.

GRaab

#2 2 years ago

#2: Sold first two sounds+ replacement boards last week. Haven’t heard any feedback yet. I’ll work with anyone if there is issues to make things right.

#3 2 years ago

I put the new Geeteoh board in my Zenon last night. It worked perfect for me. Easy setup, really just plugged it in.
I put the game back in my Flippers Arcade pinball museum in Grandy, NC today.

#4 2 years ago

Correction, Xenon

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

#2: Sold first two sounds+ replacement boards last week. Haven’t heard any feedback yet. I’ll work with anyone if there is issues to make things right.

So are both your sounds+ and the squawktalk boards new product offerings by your business? If we're not interested in heavily customizing is there any reason other than that and a smaller board footprint to go with the sounds+ over your original squawktalk board?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from obxamuse:

I put the new Geeteoh board in my Zenon last night. It worked perfect for me. Easy setup, really just plugged it in.
I put the game back in my Flippers Arcade pinball museum in Grandy, NC today.

Thank you!

Grandy, NC - You're just a few hours up the coast from us. We'll have to take a road trip and come check out your museum!

#7 2 years ago

The sounds+ version will probably mount better in the Xenon. It has the same holes as the stock board. I’ve been offering these boards mostly in the last 6 months. Just a hobbyist.

C206CD5F-6D21-4D2F-8729-763619E6E86F (resized).jpegC206CD5F-6D21-4D2F-8729-763619E6E86F (resized).jpeg

021458EB-FAFE-4E52-B4A7-A099C8460BA3 (resized).jpeg021458EB-FAFE-4E52-B4A7-A099C8460BA3 (resized).jpeg
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

The sounds+ version will probably mount better in the Xenon. It has the same holes as the stock board. I’ve been offering these boards mostly in the last 6 months. Just a hobbyist.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That will fit spot on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 90.00
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-xenon-sound-card-amp-vocalizer- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.