(Topic ID: 229867)

Bally xenon no background sound

By Michaelxwhite

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So, I have a xenon and get no background sound. I bought a rebuilt sound/speech board set from Ray who has a YouTube channel and it didn't help. Still no back ground sound. Funny thing is, when I bought the game and brought it home and first set it up, background tempo sound worked great. Then a rom vocal got garbled and no background sound. I'm confused by this because I have no problems with exit chamber switch or saucer. What could be the issue? Before you ask...both boards have all new caps and sound pots.

#2 5 years ago

background sound options can be enabled/disabled within bookkeeping/test functions

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2821/Bally_1980_Xenon_Manual_And_Schematics.pdf

#18 set to 03

#3 5 years ago

So if you changed the battery or removed the battery to add NVRAM, then the setting mentioned by chas10e would had been set back to default, which is off.

#4 5 years ago

Thank you, when I get back home today I'll try option 3 in menu 18.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

So if you changed the battery or removed the battery to add NVRAM, then the setting mentioned by chas10e would had been set back to default, which is off.

Check it, but I don't think mine didn't reset when I added NVRAM.

#6 5 years ago

Actually...(fuzzy here) I did have this issue...and I forget why (think it was NVRAM install).

#7 5 years ago

Yep, nvram install was the culprit. Set it back to zero. Working perfectly now! Thanks everyone!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Michaelxwhite:

Yep, nvram install was the culprit. Set it back to zero. Working perfectly now! Thanks everyone!

Old age must be catching up with me. don't remember having to reset. Always good feeling when there an easy fix.

#9 5 years ago

If you remove the battery or the original 5101 RAM, all settings will be lost in memory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-xenon-no-background-sound?hl=michaelxwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.