• Latest reply 9 years ago by Keetur
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I've been having issues with xenon , it's in the garage and gets played a ton ..

She was blowing f-4 randomly , I'd leave her on for a few days and then all of the sudden it would blow the fuse .. So I cut the wires to the lockout coil .. After replacing the power supply components ..

Then the flippers randomly died during a big game 1.8mill .. ... Weird? But the game worked fine until a couple days ago when the flippers got weak and died.. So I rebuild all the connectors on the driver and rebuild J2 on the mpu ..

So I figured out If I push and hold down the flipper relay the flippers work ? Any ideas or do I call alltec

Thanks.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2 9 years ago

What kind of MPU board do you have? It looks brand new from the pick (background).

I am having a "dying flipper" issue as well. New boards are my fallback, but this thread is making me have doubts.

BTW mine appears to be driven by a reset (or something) in the U11 PIA or something. After the flippers die, my voltages revert back to when the game is on, but no active game running. Really odd.

#3 9 years ago

Alltek mpu as well .... I miss my old boards , I have had nothing but issues with these boards. .ive changed all my connectors by now , what activates the coil relay? I have power at the flippers ..

It's been , as usual a WTF MOMENT all around

CBW xenon JP AND QD

all down , any Oregon pinheads willing to come to the coast , free fishing guide and all the steelhead , crab , clams, mussles , and goose necks you can eat

#4 9 years ago

Interesting that your game dies the same way mine does. Although pressing the relay doesn't bring mine back from flipper death.

If you want to collaborate, let me know. I can use a DMM, but barely read a schematic.

#5 9 years ago

Are you getting 43 or so volts at the coils ? Put the black on the braided grounds and the red on one of the lugs of the flipper coils..

#6 9 years ago

When the flippers are working, definitely, it has been a while since I traced this when the flippers died. Let me get the game to the point of flipper failure and let you know. I have to go to work today, it is voluntary, but need to get some items completed. When I get back will give you the readings from the coils.

I have more or less traced mine to the flipper relay "dropping". I am working on trying to find out "why". It happens after the game warms up. So I suspect a connection fault, that is causing a logic fault, somewhere. That could be a chip bed, a trace, a header pin..... So in for some heavy duty testing and evaluation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-xenon-flipper-relay-on-ultimate-driver-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.