Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My newest addition is a project but one question that is bugging me and need help with. When you plug the machine in and then flip the switch under the cabinet nothing happens and the machine stays dark. But if I push the left flipper button the playfield and backbox lights come on. Then I push the credit button and it’s starts a game like it should. I’ve heard of certain Williams games where the left flipper button activated the start but I’m new to this machine.

The other thing it does is after plugging it in and flipping the switch under the cabinet and the machine stays dark, you can directly push the credit button on the coin door (without pushing the left flipper button) and it lights up and starts a game all at once.

Hard for me to believe this is normal as my Aladdins Castle lights up as soon as you flip the on/off switch under the cabinet. Just curious if my new pin has been hacked in some way that makes it change the normal start up sequence or is this normal.

Thanks for any help.

#2 3 years ago

It is working normally, that's the way the Ballys of that era start up. Initially the lights are out, when you press the left flipper it energizes the lock relay and a switch (or two) on that closes and turns the lights on. Same with pushing the credit button.

I had a look at the Aladdins Castle schematic, it looks like they changed the circuit for that one at least as it doesn't have the lights controlled by the lock relay. But my Bon Voyage and Monte Carlo both work just as you described.

#3 3 years ago

My Wizard is dark unless the start button is pushed as well. Sound like the game is starting correctly.

#4 3 years ago

That’s great to know and one less thing to have to address.

Thanks to both of you for the quick response.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wizard-start-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.