2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Dan63
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi all,
    I am shopping for Wizard pinball and want to know avg price for this game.
    I have seen some that are not in a best shape anywhere from $5K to $1.5k.
    I have also seem one that was perfect condition (museum quality) for $5k as well.

However when I talk to some experts in the business, They are telling me a decent condition can be between $300 - $1000 at most.

I know is really up to the buyer as how much he/she wants to pay, but given a "blue book" value of Bally Wizard, how much it worth with this condition
    1. some rust on the metal parts
    2. Cabinet has some broken pieces of wood and some cracks on it.
    3. the glass for playing field has some scratches on it
    4. Playing filed has new hardtop and almost everything new on the top side
    5. some small flakes on the backglass with a very minor crack not noticeable.
    6. Overall everything else is working on the game.

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

I have had one in the past and I would buy one again if one came up for sale locally and for a decent price. It has extra value because of the theme compared to other EMs. People may list them on EBay or a retail store for $3-4,000, but thats not what they actually sell for. If it’s fully functional I would say an average condition Wizard would be $1000-1,200. Very good condition $1,200-$1,500. Beat and non working $7-800. But you may find someone that’s a big Who fan that would pay more just as a collectible.

#3 2 years ago

^ spot on.

#4 2 years ago

yup, agree. $900-1200 game.

6 months later
    #5 2 years ago

I agree with the first post. Just keep in mind when you look at one its just a pinball machine and be realistic. Don't let your emotions interfere with your common sense buying decision. Offer a fair a price and if you don't get it then you don't get it. I've seen someone on here selling Capt Fantastic, not the same game but a popular theme. Back in 2018 he was asking $1495. I offered him at the time I think $1100 or $1200. He wouldn't take it. About 6 months later later it went to $1695, then $2295 and then $2795 over the next few years. I found this out by looking it up in the archive and watching the history of the posts. The game probably never sold and this person somehow thinks their game is really worth what they are asking. On the other side I've seen this game go for $7400. That's laughable. You can put all the money you want in it, but at that point you might as well keep it because no one in their right mind will shell out that kind of money for a EM game. Keep in mind the buyer always has the upper hand. You can ask whatever you want for your game, but that doesn't always mean you will actually get it. If the game was really worth what he was asking for he would have sold it. I noticed plenty of people on here like that. So keep looking for your Wizard! You will find one that is the right price. It might take a little longer that's all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wizard-price?hl=ktuhde and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.