You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
FFB736C0-B3AC-49CF-88B6-5D03EC4D24FB (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Hello,

I’ve searched Pinside for this problem but I haven’t been able to find a solution. So here is what I’m dealing with:

What is happening when I start a new game is the score reels will reset to either zero or a maximum of five places or pulses. So for example if I scored 100 points on my previous game, when I hit the start button, the score will reset to 600 and the game will start. For further example, if my previous game score was 65,430 the score will reset to 00,980 and then will start normally. This happens for all four players on each and every score reel- advancing 5 places or to zero, whichever comes first. So (I’m pretty darn sure) it’s not either of the player reset relays in the backbox . The reset relay on the motor board is not holding for the second needed rotation of the score motor. But why?
Here’s something interesting!
If I turn the game off in the middle of the game with bonus accrued of 6,000 points or more (meaning the score motor will need a second turn to reset bonus back to zero), the score reels will get that second rotation and will also all reset back to zero.

I have a screen shot of the section of schematic that I think is relevant. I’m relatively new to troubleshooting. I read the post here that explains schematics start to finish for #Bon Voyage and it was amazing in how it advanced my knowledge. Thank you xsvtoys for that....

My other issue is the top hole won’t kick out. It looks like a simple circuit but I can’t get it to kick. I brought this game back from fully dead so I’m excited to resolve these last 2 standing issues.

Thanks in advance....

FFB736C0-B3AC-49CF-88B6-5D03EC4D24FB (resized).pngFFB736C0-B3AC-49CF-88B6-5D03EC4D24FB (resized).png
#2 5 years ago

Thanks for providing the schematic. The Reset relay holds itself on through the circuit on the right side of the schematic until the score motor 8D switch in the lower right corner opens. That's the lock in circuit. The rest of the schematic is what fires the Reset relay in the first place, and what should keep firing it until the drum units and bonus are all zero. Since your bonus seems to be able to keep the Reset relay active for multiple score motor cycles (likely through the Bonus Zero relay switch) it seems likely that there's a problem with the drum unit zero position switches. It's unlikely that they're all bad but it might be something in common to all of them. For example, if the green-black wire doesn't have a good connection through the jones plug between the cabinet and the head that would make all the drum unit switches look open allowing the Reset relay to relax after just one motor cycle.

/Mark

#3 5 years ago

Looks to be a score motor sw. on the hole kick problem. Or that NO sw.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wizard-incomplete-score-reel-reset-issue?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.