View topic image gallery

tommy5 (resized).jpg
tommy4 (resized).jpg
tommy3 (resized).jpg
tommy2 (resized).jpg
tommy1 (resized).jpg
image-17 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I was watching some reruns of American Pickers on Hulu the other night. I think is was one of the episodes from 2014.

I want to talk about back glasses on Bally Wizard! and Bally Captain Fantastic.

Captain Fantastic: I think we all know of the two different back glasses on this pin. The one with the girl who has her hand in some dude's pants. And the Stars glass that covers the offending hand with a star.

So, try this one on.

American Pickers Frank and Mike are in some guy's shop who used to work on pinballs and arcades. This old boy has some neat stuff laying around. He also has a Bally Wizard!. He is talking on the value of Wizard! and adds another piece of information and I'm wondering if he knew what he was talking about. He is talking about there being another back glass for Wizard!.

This is what he said: The first 500 Wizards had a back glass that had Ann Margaret's hands inside Roger Daltry's pants. But Ann Margaret pitched a bitch with Bally and made Bally go out and try to get all of the offending back glasses back but some escaped. And the replacement glasses placed Ann Margaret's right hand across Daltry's shoulders and the snake was placed in his pants.

He also said if you had a Wizard with the offending back glass that it would be worth a lot of money.

So, did this guy get his wires crossed between Wizard and Captain Fantastic? Or did he know what he was talking about? Or was he just BSing for the cameras?

Is there another Wizard! back glass? A dirty one?

It sound like BS to me but I have to ask.

Here is the back glass with the snake that I know about.

image-17 (resized).jpgimage-17 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Interesting I always listen carefully to the old timers they were right there and have seen a lot!

#3 6 years ago

Pretty sure it’s BS and the guy was getting his backglasses mixed up. I’ve heard of other “alternate” Christensen art but never anything like that on Wizard.

#4 6 years ago

Is that woman really modeled after Ann-Margaret’s character? Tommy’s mother?

2 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

never heard the Wizard BG story either. I can tell you having seen the movie in theaters and knowing the storyline coupled with my on mother being a red head I couldn't bring 11 year old self to stand at the machine on location. Now I have one in my living room. Since this is sort of a Tommy thread I'll sharee this:
TOMMY publicity stills. A few years back while trying to keep my TOMMY obsession to a mere rolling boil I had the opportunity to buy a set of color slides/ negatives taken on the set of the movie with the majority of them being from the pinball battle with Daltry and Elton. Many of these were used in the program sold at theaters the movie played in and some are between takes and shots I haven’t seen elsewhere. I’ve finally gotten around to print a few and, well, they’re pretty spectacular. I’m considering printing sets and wanted to gauge interest. If you’d like to be contacted with more info when the time comes just send a message and I’ll have your FB contact info. feel free to leave a text number and email address as well.

tommy1 (resized).jpgtommy1 (resized).jpg

tommy2 (resized).jpgtommy2 (resized).jpg

tommy3 (resized).jpgtommy3 (resized).jpg

tommy4 (resized).jpgtommy4 (resized).jpg

tommy5 (resized).jpgtommy5 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wizard-captain-fantastic-and-american-pickers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.