Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baldtwit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

a video of the ratchet side would be good if setting the spring tension and making sure the pawls / arms are moving freely doesn't fix it.

especially check the pawl next to the reset coil ... half of its job is to make sure the ratchet moves one tooth per activation of the reset solenoid coil.

#8 2 years ago

it looks like the pin the reset pawl is pivoting on is loose and wiggling around ... is it?

#10 2 years ago

if the pin is bent or flopping around, the pawl may not engage the teeth reliably.

is the pin bolted to the base plate or is it the pressed in kind? If pressed in, time to scrounge a replacement plate.

when the countdown stops, does the ball eject (bonus score relay loses power), or is the bonus score relay still powered but the score motor isn't running?

if the bonus score relay is powered and the score motor is running, check the switch on the bonus score relay with wire 31-1 on it and the plug connection to the playfield for wire 31-1.

#12 2 years ago

if the peg on the ratchet/gear can't push the zero switch(s) easily, try adding a 1/4 turn to the torsion spring until it does. Then verify the unit will step up all the way without struggling at the top step.

you pretty much want the long blade the peg is hitting to be barely touching the peg when the unit is stepped up once. That'll give maximum blade travel when the unit is reset. Then adjust the short blade for correct switch action at step 1 and reset.

the unit base plate was used on a lot games ... including EM slot machines of that era. If you have trouble finding one, pm me and I'll see if I have one laying around. If I don't, the pacific pinball museum should have plenty of them and I can dig around in their warehouse.

the plate is easy, finding one with the correct reset pawl is harder as step-down units were less common. If the pieces on your plate are good, then you can swap those on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baldtwit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wizard-bonus-unit-clock-spring-and-countdown-problem-?tu=baldtwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.