You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A6D257C2-B778-41AB-8D4F-6DDD26E2593E (resized).jpeg
E7E96F01-4D62-442E-8BF6-D76FABF7F811 (resized).jpeg
69E543DC-539F-4641-AF76-BC7964DDA5B6 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

One of the many issues with my new dirty project pin is with the Collect Bonus countdown. It advances the bonus correctly up to 19,000 but when the ball drains and the countdown begins, the bonus unit spider moves one rivet at a time or two at a time when the Double Bonus is lit like it should for two or three spots but then spins and resets back to the home position so it only rewards you 2 or 3 thousand on the countdown even if you earned 14,000 for example.

I’ll try to post a video of the Bonus Unit in action soon but just wondering what might be causing this. I’ll have time to unscrew the bonus unit from the bottom board this afternoon to further inspect it. Thanks for any help.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

It seems that the Bonus relay isn't holding.
[quoted image]

That’s exactly what seems like is happening. Thanks for this and I’m going to be posting a video here in about an hour.

#5 3 years ago

Here’s a pic and video of the BCU counting down from a 9000 point Collect Bonus.

It is a little more dramatic in this video. Sometimes it counts a few thousand before spinning back to the home position and is it really the correct home position? Maybe a Wizard owner post a picture of his in the correct position. Thanks.

69E543DC-539F-4641-AF76-BC7964DDA5B6 (resized).jpeg69E543DC-539F-4641-AF76-BC7964DDA5B6 (resized).jpeg
#7 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Check the ratchet catch pawls for sticking on the BCU.

Finally got better access to the inner part of the BCU. Thanks for making me look there. Look at the worn down teeth on this unit.

This game is a mess. I wanted a winter project and I surely have one. This is #3 on a list of 12 known issues on this machine and I’ve only solved 2 so far and this.

Wondering where to look for a replacement. Thanks again.

A6D257C2-B778-41AB-8D4F-6DDD26E2593E (resized).jpegA6D257C2-B778-41AB-8D4F-6DDD26E2593E (resized).jpegE7E96F01-4D62-442E-8BF6-D76FABF7F811 (resized).jpegE7E96F01-4D62-442E-8BF6-D76FABF7F811 (resized).jpeg
#8 3 years ago

Or am I going to have to wait till someone parts out a machine?

#9 3 years ago

Sorry I referred to this unit as a BCU in above posts. Obviously it’s the Bonus Unit and not the Ball Count Unit.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Any way to take it apart and shift it over to fresh teeth or does it use the whole gear all the way around? If it just uses the same 15 teeth over and over you might be able to move it around.
If not, pinball resource....

That’s a great idea. Never would have thought of that but that sounds like it would work if I can’t find one.

Thanks!

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

After some quick searching, it seems this is a common issue on Wizard and that gear is only used on Wizard. Based on this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-stepper-gear
Maybe you could dremel some teeth back into that area??

Yeah and this particular Wizard has been really neglected on top of that. I’ve got a dremel, just trying to figure out how to make that work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Put an ad in classifieds here. I've had very good luck getting some odd parts.

Thanks, I finally did post it and already got a hit but unfortunately, the offer was not quite the same gear. The stopper pins on mine are located directly opposite of each other.

Appreciate the help.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

If the gear fits and works stopper pins can be mounted wherever you want them.

Thanks. I’m starting to now figure that out. I just bought a gear from a local guy and it will fit but I’ll need to cut the plastic pin off I guess because it doesn’t line up correctly.

Then drill a small hole where I need it and insert a small screw to act as a stopper? Is that how you’d handle it or is there something else you would use as a stopper pin?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wizard-bonus-countdown-issues-?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.