(Topic ID: 283358)

Bally Wizard 10 point score reels not advancing.

By Sea_Wolf

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

385B81C6-B50D-4525-A874-9ED087C040FE (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
9709BAB5-7392-4AB9-99B6-50B47C4A0FBD (resized).jpeg
6A9A648F-B4FE-4F20-8903-A65947FD63D6 (resized).jpeg
3C90281D-1654-4CE2-A832-53195451F41C (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Whenever you hit a star rollover or a slingshot or any other ten point item on the playfield, the 10 point chime works but the 10s score reels do not advance and it’s the same on player 1,2,3 or 4. If you manually push the coil plungers the reels advance just fine.

I cleaned all the switch contacts on the 10 point relay but no help. It looks to be functioning correctly except that the switch in front to the far left has been messed with. It’s clearly gapped wider that the others as you can see in the picture. If you adjust the contacts so that the gap is closer like the other contacts, it locks on after hitting a 10 point item on the playfield and won’t chime after that.

I read that there is an end of stroke switch that is involved when the relay locks on that lets it release when the reel advances but that’s where my knowledge ends and not sure why all 4 sets of reels are not advancing.

As always, thanks for any help.

3C90281D-1654-4CE2-A832-53195451F41C (resized).jpeg3C90281D-1654-4CE2-A832-53195451F41C (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Points scoring relays power the score reels thru the player up unit wiper fingers and disc.

#3 3 years ago

You are correct, this is the lock-in switch for the 10-point relay. The four EOS switches, which are all normally closed, are located on the four 10-point score units (one EOS switch per score unit). When any of the 10-point score units indexes, its EOS switch will be pushed open, allowing the 10-point relay to release.

Since none of your 10 point score units are indexing, none of the EOS switches ever open, so the 10-point relay stays locked on forever once it is energized. Bending the lock-in switch on the relay so it never closes "fixes" this infinite lock-on problem, but it doesn't get the 10-point score units working.

In the head of your game, there is a player-up stepper unit. This stepper is fairly easy to identify because it has a bunch of wires attached to the many wiper fingers that are on the stepper. These wiper finger wires are routed back to the stepper disc inside a spring, which protects the wiring.

The player-up stepper only has four positions. Each position selects which score units will receive the scoring from the playfield. When the stepper is reset, player 1 is selected. Step it up once, and player 2 is selected. Step it up once more, and player 3 is selected. Step it up one more time, and player 4 is selected. After that, the stepper won't advance any more.

The wiper fingers contact a different set of rivets on the stepper disc at each position, and it is this connection that determines which set of score units will receive the scoring. So if none of the 10 point score units work, I would suspect there is some failure with the 10-point wiper finger connection to the rivets. Either the finger is bent and not touching any rivets, or there is a broken wire at one of the solder joints (either on the wiper finger or at the disc), or something like that. So I recommend you look at the player-up stepper in the head and see if you can find anything out of whack there.

- TimMe

#4 3 years ago

Thanks to both of you for all the detailed help. That makes sense because you can tell that a former owner had messed with the wipers on the player up unit.

Looking forward to getting home later and inspecting the unit. You guys helped solve issue #34 of 90 on this neglected mess that I love for some reason.

#5 3 years ago

No luck so far. Inspected Player up unit for any loose wires or cracked solder tabs and I didn’t see any.

The wipers all seem to be making good contact and I lightly sanded the contacts with 600 grit paper and cleaned the contacts and traces with 91% alcohol. I guess the former owner might have bent the 10 point relay switch to either keep playing it without burning up coils or to fool a potential buyer.

I’ll keep investigating.

6A9A648F-B4FE-4F20-8903-A65947FD63D6 (resized).jpeg6A9A648F-B4FE-4F20-8903-A65947FD63D6 (resized).jpeg9709BAB5-7392-4AB9-99B6-50B47C4A0FBD (resized).jpeg9709BAB5-7392-4AB9-99B6-50B47C4A0FBD (resized).jpeg
#6 3 years ago

You’re in great hands with TimMe.
Just looking at picture of switch stack, those contacts still look pretty dirty. Is that before you cleaned? I can’t see the contact faces but still looks dirty to me. Also you should check the switch stack screws before adjusting to see if they need tightening. If so, tighten the one closest to the switch blade first.

The other thing I noticed which may or may not be something, but it appears as if there’s a solder blob on the side of the switch stack...is that the case? Might want to get rid of that if it is. Just an observation. Good luck.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

You’re in great hands with TimMe.
Just looking at picture of switch stack, those contacts still look pretty dirty. Is that before you cleaned? I can’t see the contact faces but still looks dirty to me. Also you should check the switch stack screws before adjusting to see if they need tightening. If so, tighten the one closest to the switch blade first.
The other thing I noticed which may or may not be something, but it appears as if there’s a solder blob on the side of the switch stack...is that the case? Might want to get rid of that if it is. Just an observation. Good luck.

Yeah those pics were before I cleaned but this entire machine is filthy from being neglected for however long. I just brought it home last Thursday.

Thanks for the tips. I’ll be checking them out tomorrow.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics. I have to say, looking at your first pic, that red wiper finger wire kind of looks like it's clipped right at the point where it's supposed to be soldered onto the tab of the finger. It might just look that way in the picture, but have you checked the red wire at that connection point and confirmed it's attached OK?

If it's not that, then it would probably still be a good exercise to use an ohm meter to confirm you've got good continuity for this circuit through the player-up unit. According to the schematic, when the player-up unit is reset (that is, on player one) you should have continuity from the blue-white wire on the 10-point relay switch to the red-black wire on the coil for the first player 10 point score unit. If you don't have continuity, then there is some break in the wiring that goes through the player-up unit.

If you do have continuity, then the problem is likely to be at the N.O. (normally open) switch on the 10-point relay that drives the 10 point score units. As mentioned above, one side of this switch has a blue-white wire. The other side goes to the main yellow return wire. Check that this switch is clean and is making good solid contact when the relay is actuated.

Also, sometimes these relay switches are attached to the main yellow return wire with a thin jumper wire. If that jumper wire has fractured, you'll get the problem you are seeing.

- TimMe

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

Thanks for posting the pics. I have to say, looking at your first pic, that red wiper finger wire kind of looks like it's clipped right at the point where it's supposed to be soldered onto the tab of the finger. It might just look that way in the picture, but have you checked the red wire at that connection point and confirmed it's attached OK?
If it's not that, then it would probably still be a good exercise to use an ohm meter to confirm you've got good continuity for this circuit through the player-up unit. According to the schematic, when the player-up unit is reset (that is, on player one) you should have continuity from the blue-white wire on the 10-point relay switch to the red-black wire on the coil for the first player 10 point score unit. If you don't have continuity, then there is some break in the wiring that goes through the player-up unit.
If you do have continuity, then the problem is likely to be at the N.O. (normally open) switch on the 10-point relay that drives the 10 point score units. As mentioned above, one side of this switch has a blue-white wire. The other side goes to the main yellow return wire. Check that this switch is clean and is making good solid contact when the relay is actuated.
Also, sometimes these relay switches are attached to the main yellow return wire with a thin jumper wire. If that jumper wire has fractured, you'll get the problem you are seeing.
- TimMe

Thanks Tim for all the info of possible causes for this. I’ll be going through each one when I get home from work and I’ll update then. Danny

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

- TimMe

Finally had time to check out everything and for starters the red wiper finger wire seems to be soldered on ok with no cracks and I even reflowed a little solder to make sure.

I also checked continuity from the blue- white wire in the 10 point relay to the red-blue wire or (Red-black) wire tab on the coil on the player 1 ten point score reel. (Hope that’s what you meant) and it has continuity (.002). Also checked the jumper wire that goes from the solid yellow wire and there is no breakage.

The 10 point relay switch still locks on and won’t release or move the 10 point score reel when a 10 point rollover is hit. I’m probably missing something. I appreciate the help.

The only thing that looks strange to me is that two of the wipers where the red wire wiper is located look bent up a little but I don’t know if that makes any difference and I don’t want to take the stepper apart that way to find out unless I have to.

#11 3 years ago

If you have continuity between the switch on the 10 point relay and the drive coil of the player 1 10-point score unit (yes that was exactly what I meant), then when that relay switch is closed, the coil should be energized.

So, is that switch on the 10 point relay clean and making good solid contact when the relay is pulled in? What happens if you jumper that switch?

The only other possible failure point would be the switch main yellow return wire or the score unit coil black return wire, which you can check with a volt meter. There should be 50 VAC between the yellow wire on the 10 point relay switch, and the black wire on the 10-point score unit.

Other than having four open 10-point score unit coils (very unlikely), there isn't anything else that can go wrong in this circuit.

- TimMe

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

If you have continuity between the switch on the 10 point relay and the drive coil of the player 1 10-point score unit (yes that was exactly what I meant), then when that relay switch is closed, the coil should be energized.
So, is that switch on the 10 point relay clean and making good solid contact when the relay is pulled in? What happens if you jumper that switch?
The only other possible failure point would be the switch main yellow return wire or the score unit coil black return wire, which you can check with a volt meter. There should be 50 VAC between the yellow wire on the 10 point relay switch, and the black wire on the 10-point score unit.
Other than having four open 10-point score unit coils (very unlikely), there isn't anything else that can go wrong in this circuit.
- TimMe

I’ve thoroughly cleaned the switches on the 10 point relay and tightened the switch stacks. I’ll triple check that they are making good contact.

Then I will try jumping the switch and then getting the meter out to the yellow and black wire tabs.

Thanks for narrowing this down and I think we will get this resolved soon. Danny

#13 3 years ago

I must be overlooking something. Possibly on the Player Up stepper?

I checked the Voltage between the main yellow wire and the black wire at the coil for the 10 point score reel on player 1 and the voltage measured 54.

I then jumped the switch with the blue/white wire and solid yellow wire on the 10 point relay and when I did the switch that normally locks on on the 10 point relay when you hit a 10 point target never locked on. It behaved like it did when the former owner bent that switch out. No scoring but it chimed.

I’ll go back through everything but it makes you wonder why the former owner bent that switch to keep it from locking on in the first place. As you said, it makes it playable but you’re not getting correct scoring. Could it be that he couldn’t get it figured out either? Or is it something he didn’t want to go to the trouble of fixing.

Thanks again.

#14 3 years ago

Try jumpering the blue-white wire of the switch directly to the 10 point score unit coil (the non-black wire) and then close the switch. That should make the score unit coil fire.

If it does, then you have a break somewhere in the circuit that is going through the player-up unit.

If it doesn't, try jumpering the yellow wire directly to the 10 point score unit coil (the non-black wire). That should make the score unit coil fire. If it doesn't, you have a non-working score unit coil.

- TimMe

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

Try jumpering the blue-white wire of the switch directly to the 10 point score unit coil (the non-black wire) and then close the switch. That should make the score unit coil fire.
If it does, then you have a break somewhere in the circuit that is going through the player-up unit.
If it doesn't, try jumpering the yellow wire directly to the 10 point score unit coil (the non-black wire). That should make the score unit coil fire. If it doesn't, you have a non-working score unit coil.
- TimMe

Jumped the blue-white wire on the 10 point relay and the non black wire on the first player score unit coil and yes it fired and added 10 points (with no chime) when I closed the switch.

Thanks for all the help. What would be your suggestion of what to inspect next? Go over the player unit with a fine tooth comb?

#16 3 years ago

You have to check continuity with your meter (set to Ohms). The points are in red on the screen capture. You might have a broken wire or cold solder joint.

If jumpering it made the coil fire, then the only issue is a break continuity somewhere. I have had wires that look like they are soldered, but are actually just there because the wire wrap holds it there...but no electrical contact.

If it is a problem with each player, I would focus on the Blue-White wire. This is the common feed through the player up disc. Also, check the continuity on the spider where the Blue-White wire feeds the fingers on the player disc.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Skidave:

You have to check continuity with your meter (set to Ohms). The points are in red on the screen capture. You might have a broken wire or cold solder joint.
If jumpering it made the coil fire, then the only issue is a break continuity somewhere. I have had wires that look like they are soldered, but are actually just there because the wire wrap holds it there...but no electrical contact.
If it is a problem with each player, I would focus on the Blue-White wire. This is the common feed through the player up disc. Also, check the continuity on the spider where the Blue-White wire feeds the fingers on the player disc.
[quoted image]

Thanks, In post #10 I mentioned that I checked continuity between the blue/white wire on the 10 point relay and the coil for the player 1 10 point score reel and it showed continuity. I just checked what you suggested on checking continuity from that same blue/white wire on the 10 point relay and where it comes into the Player up unit. That also shows continuity.

I’ll snap some better pictures of both the 10 point relay and the Player up unit tomorrow and maybe you guys can spot something I’m not seeing.

Thanks again.

#18 3 years ago

For whatever reason, I don't think you can trust the continuity checker, because it's saying the circuit is good, but obviously the power isn't getting through the player unit part of the circuit.

Instead, you can use your jumper wire as a probe to narrow down where the break is. Start by clipping one end of the jumper to the yellow wire. Touch the free end of the jumper to the red-black wire on the coil of the 1st player 10 point stepper unit. It should fire. Assuming it does fire, now you can use the free end of the jumper as a probe to check the rest of the circuit.

Next, determine which of the player-up unit wiper finger wires is attached to the blue-white wire coming from the 10 point relay switch. You should be able to do that by examining the solder lugs along the edge of the player-up unit circuit board, to see where the blue-white wire is soldered to one of the wiper finger wires. From your pics, it looks like it is the red wiper finger wire, but you'll want to double-check that.

I'll assume it's the red wiper finger wire for purposes of discussion. Make sure that the player-up unit is reset. Touch the free end of the jumper to the solder lug on the player-up circuit board where the blue-white wire is connected to the red wiper finger wire. If the score unit coil fires, there is a break in the blue-white wire between the 10 point relay and the player-up circuit board.

If the score unit coil doesn't fire, the problem is farther along in the circuit. Touch the free end of the jumper to the wiper finger attached to the red wire. If the coil fires, the red wiper finger wire on the player-up unit has a break, and will need to be replaced. If the coil doesn't fire, the problem is farther along. Touch the free end of the jumper to the pad on the circuit board that the wiper finger is touching. If the coil fires, the contact between the finger and the pad on the circuit board is failing. If it doesn't fire, the problem is farther along in the circuit.

In this way, you can continue to work your way along the circuit, toward the coil, until you get to a point in the circuit where the coil fires. Then you will know that the section of the circuit between where the coil fires and the most recent point where it didn't fire will be where your wiring break is.

- TimMe

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

For whatever reason, I don't think you can trust the continuity checker, because it's saying the circuit is good, but obviously the power isn't getting through the player unit part of the circuit.
Instead, you can use your jumper wire as a probe to narrow down where the break is. Start by clipping one end of the jumper to the yellow wire. Touch the free end of the jumper to the red-black wire on the coil of the 1st player 10 point stepper unit. It should fire. Assuming it does fire, now you can use the free end of the jumper as a probe to check the rest of the circuit.
Next, determine which of the player-up unit wiper finger wires is attached to the blue-white wire coming from the 10 point relay switch. You should be able to do that by examining the solder lugs along the edge of the player-up unit circuit board, to see where the blue-white wire is soldered to one of the wiper finger wires. From your pics, it looks like it is the red wiper finger wire, but you'll want to double-check that.
I'll assume it's the red wiper finger wire for purposes of discussion. Make sure that the player-up unit is reset. Touch the free end of the jumper to the solder lug on the player-up circuit board where the blue-white wire is connected to the red wiper finger wire. If the score unit coil fires, there is a break in the blue-white wire between the 10 point relay and the player-up circuit board.
If the score unit coil doesn't fire, the problem is farther along in the circuit. Touch the free end of the jumper to the wiper finger attached to the red wire. If the coil fires, the red wiper finger wire on the player-up unit has a break, and will need to be replaced. If the coil doesn't fire, the problem is farther along. Touch the free end of the jumper to the pad on the circuit board that the wiper finger is touching. If the coil fires, the contact between the finger and the pad on the circuit board is failing. If it doesn't fire, the problem is farther along in the circuit.
In this way, you can continue to work your way along the circuit, toward the coil, until you get to a point in the circuit where the coil fires. Then you will know that the section of the circuit between where the coil fires and the most recent point where it didn't fire will be where your wiring break is.
- TimMe

Great advice Tim. It was the red wire on the player up unit that the blue/white comes into. I jumped it from the main yellow wire on the 10 point relay and it did fire the coil on the 10 point player one score reel.

Good to know that you’ve finally narrowed it down for me to get this resolved. Let me know if you have any other tips before I start unraveling wire harnesses.

Thanks again, it’s a valuable learning process for me.

#20 3 years ago

Great! If it's the red wire that has the break, you won't need to unravel any wiring harnesses, because that wire begins and ends on the player-up unit.

The only other tip I would give is that, regardless of the reason, you always want to avoid cutting the lacing, or otherwise trying to unravel, any wire harness on a pingame. That will just create a big mess, and you'll be sorry that you did it.

You can replace a bad wire in a harness without un-lacing it. There are a few different ways to do this, but the easiest way is to just run a new replacement wire along the side of the harness, and secure it to the harness with a cable tie every 12 inches or so.

- TimMe

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

Great! If it's the red wire that has the break, you won't need to unravel any wiring harnesses, because that wire begins and ends on the player-up unit.
The only other tip I would give is that, regardless of the reason, you always want to avoid cutting the lacing, or otherwise trying to unravel, any wire harness on a pingame. That will just create a big mess, and you'll be sorry that you did it.
You can replace a bad wire in a harness without un-lacing it. There are a few different ways to do this, but the easiest way is to just run a new replacement wire along the side of the harness, and secure it to the harness with a cable tie every 12 inches or so.
- TimMe

Good to know. I’ll see what I find this afternoon. Thanks a bunch.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

- TimMe

I assume that going by my post in #19 of this thread that since the coil fired and advanced the 10 point score reel, that means the red wire in the Player Up Unit is fine and we are looking at a break somewhere in the blue/white wire between the 10 point relay and and where the blue/white wire attaches to the Player up unit or at least a bad solder joint on either end of that wire.

Just clarifying. Thanks

#23 3 years ago

And lastly, while I think I mentioned it before but maybe not. When you jump the circuit and the 10 point score reel coil fires and adds 10 points, it does not chime. Not sure that’s relevant but I thought I’d add that.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I assume . . . we are looking at a break somewhere in the blue/white wire between the 10 point relay and and where the blue/white wire attaches to the Player up unit . . . Just clarifying.

Fair enough, but I'm not sure I follow the the results of your detective work, so let me ask a couple of questions -

1. What point EXACTLY did you touch with the free end of the jumper that made the coil energize?
2. What point EXACTLY did you touch with the free end of the jumper that the coil didn't energize?

As for the chime, don't worry about it, it's not going to sound while you are doing this kind of testing.

- TimMe

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

Fair enough, but I'm not sure I follow the the results of your detective work, so let me ask a couple of questions -
1. What point EXACTLY did you touch with the free end of the jumper that made the coil energize?
2. What point EXACTLY did you touch with the free end of the jumper that the coil didn't energize?
As for the chime, don't worry about it, it's not going to sound while you are doing this kind of testing.
- TimMe

Their was no point where the coil didn’t energize during testing.

With the one end of the jumper alligator clipped to the main yellow wire on the 10 point relay, I touched the other end to 3 different places on the Player up unit and all 3 times the 10 point score reel coil fired and it advanced like it should.

First time to the solder tab where the Blue/White wire attaches to the player up unit.

2nd time to the tab where the small red wire attaches to the back of the player up unit above the Blue/white wire solder tab.

And last, to the wiper finger on the Player up unit where the small red wire is soldered to the wiper itself.

All 3 times we got the result we wanted. That’s why I’m guessing and was asking if we can eliminate anything on the Player up unit and the red wire connections.

Curious what you think we should do next.

Thanks again.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

That’s why I’m guessing and was asking if we can eliminate anything on the Player up unit and the red wire connections.

Yes, that's a good guess, now I understand what you were saying before. I think you've figured it out, and here are some simple steps to help you confirm your diagnosis:

1. Make sure that the switch on the 10-point relay (the one with the blue-white wire) is adjusted so that it closes properly when the 10-point relay is energized.

2. Use your jumper to connect these two points:
- Where the blue-white wire is attached to the switch on the 10-point relay.
- Where the blue-white wire is attached to the player-up unit.

3. Push the 10-point relay closed.

4. If the 10-point score unit advances correctly now, replace your temporary jumper with a permanent wire.

- TimMe

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

Yes, that's a good guess, now I understand what you were saying before. I think you've figured it out, and here are some simple steps to help you confirm your diagnosis:
1. Make sure that the switch on the 10-point relay (the one with the blue-white wire) is adjusted so that it closes properly when the 10-point relay is energized.
4. If the 10-point score unit advances correctly now, replace your temporary jumper with a permanent wire.
- TimMe

Thanks for that. I will do that when I get home.

Another thing that I noticed last night on the blue/white wire where it connects to the tab on the 10 point relay. When I pulled the protective sleeve back, it had a crappy solder job.

Sounds like we’re close.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

T hanks for that. I will do that when I get home.
Another thing that I noticed last night on the blue/white wire where it connects to the tab on the 10 point relay. When I pulled the protective sleeve back, it had a crappy solder job.

Pics of crappy solder job!!

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Pics of crappy solder job!!

Ha. I wish I would have gotten a picture before I resoldered last night.

Lots of mangled switches and scandalous work done on this machine.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

- TimMe

Well you tried to tell me to double check to make sure the switches on the 10 point relay were clean and making good contact, which I did. When I replaced the blue/white wire and manually closed the switches on the 10 point relay, it worked sometimes and sometimes it would just lock on and not release like before.

Looks like we didn’t have a wiring problem after all. What we did have was a broken/abused slotted plastic armature on the relay, especially where the blue/white wire switch blade is. I had to look underneath the switch bank to see it which I didn’t do before.

I imagine this is why the switch locks on and can’t pull back. I just want to find the right replacement, hopefully from PBR. I’ve never replaced one of these and will take any advice on how to go about it and what to order.

Here’s a pic. Sorry for all your time but I did learn a lot from your help. Much appreciated.

Danny

385B81C6-B50D-4525-A874-9ED087C040FE (resized).jpeg385B81C6-B50D-4525-A874-9ED087C040FE (resized).jpeg
#31 3 years ago

Great, glad you found it! No worries on the time it took to track this down, the important thing is that you got to the root cause so you can get your game working again.

- Tim

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

Great, glad you found it! No worries on the time it took to track this down, the important thing is that you got to the root cause so you can get your game working again.
- Tim

Spoken like a true Pinsider. Thanks again

#33 3 years ago

If you can’t get it from PBR then you should ask on this thread, I was able to get a similar part that way.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

If you can’t get it from PBR then you should ask on this thread, I was able to get a similar part that way.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/

Will do. Thanks. I need to get some better pictures of it and see exactly what I need.

I saw an 8 slotted one on PBR but not sure if it’s the same.

#35 3 years ago

Yes the picture isn't good enough to see what you have. But, I think it is probably a Bally C-813. You can see the various ones here and match up the picture with what you have.

http://www.pbresource.com/relay-BLY.html#actuator

Unfortunately PBR and Marco show out of stock on that one. Hopefully you can find one in the seeking parts thread if yours is trashed. These actuators look like a good candidate for 3D printing as possible replacements. Also it still probably would be worth calling PBR just to check.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Yes the picture isn't good enough to see what you have. But, I think it is probably a Bally C-813. You can see the various ones here and match up the picture with what you have.
http://www.pbresource.com/relay-BLY.html#actuator
Unfortunately PBR and Marco show out of stock on that one. Hopefully you can find one in the seeking parts thread if yours is trashed. These actuators look like a good candidate for 3D printing as possible replacements. Also it still probably would be worth calling PBR just to check.

Thanks, the Bally C-813 looks like it for sure. I’ll post on the seeking parts thread and keep looking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wizard-10-point-score-reels-not-advancing?hl=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.