Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

i was just at the pinballrescue site . i wanted to buy a couple of things for some williams games , the coin door stickers for a moulin rouge among others. anyways on one of the pages , it read

Genuine Replacement Parts made for Illinois Pin Ball Company
    an Authorized Bally and Williams Licensee
    Please Note: Under instructions from Planetary Pinball
    Pinball Rescue has ceased sales of all
    Bally-Williams trademark products until further notice.

So is that it for bally/williams products or is there a negotiation in place or will planetary start providing some of these products in the future? any ideas on solutions? any knowledge or insight would be appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

That happened a few years back when PPS took over all the Bally/Williams stuff from IPB. PPS and pinballrescue couldn't come to an agreement at the time, so Bally/Williams stuff probably won't be returning to pinballrescue, unfortunately.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rescue-must-read

EM parts aren't really high on PPS's list. They mainly focus on stuff that will be more profitable, such as from the WPC era.

#3 6 years ago

yes thanks for the redirect . however it seems only recently they have put up their no longer selling disclaimers. i cant be sure but i think it was just a few weeks ago , that i didnt see that disclaimer on the decals page. perhaps its a not very reactive website designer?

#4 6 years ago

There are still some Williams products available on their website. I think they were limited to what they can reproduce or maybe they came to an agreement?

#5 6 years ago

I'm seeing links to pages, but those pages all say this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #6 6 years ago

They still list plastics for Full House, Jungle, Klondike, Gusher, Hay Burners, Jalopy, Magic City, Tic Tac Toe. Maybe missed a couple. Heat Wave is listed as just finished.

#7 6 years ago

would be nice if they both could work it out

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

would be nice if they both could work it out

Well, when you're dealing with someone who basically makes nothing himself and gravy trains off the efforts of others because he has the rights, and he intends to squeeze every quarter until the eagle screams, I wouldn't hold my breath.

#9 6 years ago

Are you still waiting for that big rollout of B/W em parts that was mentioned what 5 years ago now?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

EM parts aren't really high on PPS's list.

More like Nil.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

They mainly focus on stuff that will be more profitable, such as from the WPC era.

Yep, 90's stuff and up, the rest can go to the dumpsters for all Rick cares.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Yep, 90's stuff, the rest can go to the dumpsters for all Rick cares.

To be fair, there are a few backglasses that are being made. But sending money for one, and receiving it in a reasonable amount of time.... or getting one of quality, well lets just say the jury is still out on that.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

To be fair, there are a few backglasses that are being made. But sending money for one, and receiving it in a reasonable amount of time.... well lets just say the jury is still out on that.

All I know is before Rick picked up the Bally/Williams license EM folks had more reproduction parts being made by other vendors but Rick does not play well with others in this department.

#13 6 years ago

I've resigned myself that if I am going to buy an older Bally or Williams machine, it has to come with a good playfield, backglass, and plastics. The rest can be salvaged from parts games. Otherwise it's just a world of frustration looking for things I may never find or sending money away for things I may never receive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-williams-and-pinballrescue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.