Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capturewg03 (resized).JPG
lift out bottom (resized).jpg
Capturewg03a (resized).jpg
Capturewg02 (resized).JPG
Capturewg01 (resized).JPG
Wiggler relay board map.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 2 years ago

Problem with bally wiggler.
Starting without problem en can play first ball as soon as during the play the score motors starts because of scoring machine switch over to next ball. Also when loosing the ball goes from ball two to end of game. Looks like the score motor does not stop in time and makes extra run
Any suggestions?

#2 2 years ago

Hmmmmmm.

When ball 1 drains, do you see on the back glass say "ball 2,3,4&5" then "game over" ? (assuming 5 ball game)

or

does it say from ball 1 right to "game over"

#3 2 years ago

Read this as the wiggly scroatormotor and laughed furiously. I am on pot.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Hmmmmmm.
When ball 1 drains, do you see on the back glass say "ball 2,3,4&5" then "game over" ? (assuming 5 ball game)
or
does it say from ball 1 right to "game over"

Playing in 3 or 5 ball game same . Backglass indicates indeed 1,2,3 and game over .

#5 2 years ago

Check the "player reset relay" (5'th one down on the right)

If I manually hold that in the score motor continnually runs and counts through ball 1-5(in my case) then to "game over"

Wiggler relay board map.pdfWiggler relay board map.pdf

#6 2 years ago

also, what happens if you coin-up multiple players?

#7 2 years ago

What are the Player Advance relay and Player Reset relay doing when this happens?

#8 2 years ago

The Ball count should one advance one step. I suspect that the Player Advance Relay is still on. or pulling twice.

here are the circuits for both coils with their related switches.

Capturewg01 (resized).JPGCapturewg01 (resized).JPGCapturewg02 (resized).JPGCapturewg02 (resized).JPG
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Check the "player reset relay" (5'th one down on the right)
If I manually hold that in the score motor continnually runs and counts through ball 1-5(in my case) then to "game over"
[quoted image]

Yes checked that my machine does the same

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

What are the Player Advance relay and Player Reset relay doing when this happens?

When playing first ball and bal on the playfield scoring the different targets the score motor turns, and when it turns the advance player relais is pulling and during the came switch over to ball two, three and end of game

#11 2 years ago

wow what a complex circuit.

If the player unit never releases then I suspect it is the motor switch is not opening.
(Or another path is holding the relay closed).

Capturewg03a (resized).jpgCapturewg03a (resized).jpg
#12 2 years ago

The main reason for the complicated circuitry is that Wiggler is 3 ball multiball

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

wow what a complex circuit.
If the player unit never releases then I suspect it is the motor switch is not opening.
(Or another path is holding the relay closed).[quoted image]

The plater advance relais is pulling during play when scores are made and let the score motor run. Advance relais is pulling just a second and not keeps pulling.
Something in the playfield must causing this.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Lambecka:

The plater advance relais is pulling during play when scores are made and let the score motor run. Advance relais is pulling just a second and not keeps pulling.
Something in the playfield must causing this.

So to explain during playing the ballcount unit is stepping

#15 2 years ago

Does everything seem gaped properly on the "ball return relay"

Also you cannot play an entire ball 1 before the ball counts to 2 , then 3 til game over ?

I may have been able to replicate this by closing the lower stack closest to the relay frame on the "ball return relay but would change to ball 2 til game over fairly quickly

Also I'm not sure if your familiar with the "Lift out mounting board" on this game

lift out bottom (resized).jpglift out bottom (resized).jpg
#16 2 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Does everything seem gaped properly on the "ball return relay"
Also you cannot play an entire ball 1 before the ball counts to 2 , then 3 til game over ?
I may have been able to replicate this by closing the lower stack closest to the relay frame on the "ball return relay but would change to ball 2 til game over fairly quickly
Also I'm not sure if your familiar with the "Lift out mounting board" on this game [quoted image]

Sometimes can play the entire ball 1 but in most cases it change over as soon as scoremotor runs to ball 2 and when motorruns again to ball 3 and game end ( playing a 3ball game)
Yes iam aware of this feature of mounting board.
Will again have close look into the ball return relay.
Strange observation that when this problem occurs and then score one point the one point relay stays energized till scoring the side bouncer .

#17 2 years ago

If it is only happening when the motor turns. Check out these relay switches.

Also check out the hold relay NC/NO.

Capturewg03 (resized).JPGCapturewg03 (resized).JPG

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

If it is only happening when the motor turns. Check out these relay switches.
Also check out the hold relay NC/NO.
[quoted image]

Followed all the given circuit, but all clean adjusted and properly gapped.
Then removed playfield and playing around with the different relais to see what happens.
During manipulating the relais saw that the hold relais was not holding tied but lost his power now and then.
Found out that on the player up unit there is an end of stroke switch that is acting as tilt switch as well.
It is a simpel blade switch , due to aging of the blade material no tension enough to make a permanent contact. When starting the machine and start playing the holdrelais was goin on and of causing al the shit i had.
Solving this tilt issue and machine runs as ever before.
Thanks all the guys for helping me and pointing me in the right direction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wiggler-scoremotor-stop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.