You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F3006A3-A733-4349-8485-48E957C94F75 (resized).jpeg
B8A4BE32-BFA0-4DF0-A740-113294E958D2 (resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-08-14_at_4.10.26_AM.png
#1 8 years ago

I noticed some confusion in posts about the number of widebodies Bally produced in the late 70s through early 80s, and found this bit about Embryon on IPDB:

"The fifth and last widebody pinball from Bally - not counting the limited run of "SuperPin" games from the early 1990s. EMBRYON was also the first Bally game to feature artwork by Tony Ramunni, and the first (and last) game from this company to use the trademarked "Flipsave" ball saving feature - a small flipper inside the right outlane used by players to flip lost balls back into the return lane. (according to Pinball Snapshots)"

Since I couldn't find (e.g., 30 seconds with google) a list of these games with their production dates, numbers, etc., I used IPDB's advanced search to generate a list of those 5 widebodies. Hope this helps someone down the road.

For comparison, here is how they score/rank on Pinside (at the time of posting):

Embryon: 7.5
Future Spa: 6.9
Hotdoggin': (No score, needs three more ratings)
Paragon: 7.5
Space Invaders: 7.1

Screen_Shot_2015-08-14_at_4.10.26_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-08-14_at_4.10.26_AM.png

#2 8 years ago

I'm still looking for a Hot Doggin'.

#3 8 years ago

Got a Hot Doggin getting a NOS playfield soon. Play on the blown out field was fun. Its a LONG shot to those in-line drops.

2 weeks later
#4 8 years ago

I've got a NOS field and a NOS backglass slated for the Hot Doggin sometime in my future. Missed out on a nice working candidate at the Allentown show this past Spring for $500 as it sold early in the AM before I could plonk my money down.
I'm patient though that one will come my way. Will make a really nice one when I finally get my hands this title.

#5 8 years ago

I just sold my Hotdoggin', I liked the gameplay and LOVED the artwork but the game was way too easy to roll. I rolled it the second day I owned it. Was a decent game but not better than future spa, paragon, or embryon.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I've got a NOS field and a NOS backglass slated for the Hot Doggin sometime in my future. Missed out on a nice working candidate at the Allentown show this past Spring for $500 as it sold early in the AM before I could plonk my money down.
I'm patient though that one will come my way. Will make a really nice one when I finally get my hands this title.

The one that got away from you is getting that treatment right now from the guy that bought it.

#7 8 years ago

What are the dimensions of a widebody compared to a standard?

#8 8 years ago

27" wide vrs 20-1/4" ( Bally Only ) Late model widebody pins are not this wide (such as ST-TNG)

Quoted from dmbjunky:

What are the dimensions of a widebody compared to a standard?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

27" wide vrs 20-1/4" ( Bally Only ) Late model widebody pins are not this wide (such as ST-TNG)

They are wide!

6 years later
#10 2 years ago

Just picked up a Future Spa a week ago.

Its going next to a Paragon!

4F3006A3-A733-4349-8485-48E957C94F75 (resized).jpeg4F3006A3-A733-4349-8485-48E957C94F75 (resized).jpegB8A4BE32-BFA0-4DF0-A740-113294E958D2 (resized).jpegB8A4BE32-BFA0-4DF0-A740-113294E958D2 (resized).jpeg
#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

Just picked up a Future Spa a week ago.
Its going next to a Paragon!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice - Paragon is the only Bally early SS widebody that I'm missing in my collection.

1 week later
#13 2 years ago

I need to measure the sliding door to my basement. I would love to get a Paragon, but I'm concerned it might not fit in the door.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I need to measure the sliding door to my basement. I would love to get a Paragon, but I'm concerned it might not fit in the door.

I pull the PF and turn the empty cabinets on their side. No problem going anywhere a normal pin will go.

I have a Paragon and a Hotdoggin'. Both get much love.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I pull the PF and turn the empty cabinets on their side. No problem going anywhere a normal pin will go.
I have a Paragon and a Hotdoggin'. Both get much love.

I second this... I have an annoying Staircase with a turn halfway down. This is the way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-widebodies-70s-80s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.