(Topic ID: 142265)

Bally- whodunnit- how the hell do you solve a case??

By mjm697

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mjm697
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Ok boys n girls, I've had this whodunnit since the Cleveland show (very nice example I must add) I can't seem to catch the killer to solve the case? Once correct killer is chosen and I miss a shot and ball drains it goes to case 2 & so on. I didn't want to cheat by pulling glass and hitting switches but I just couldn't take it anymore due to my poor playing ability (I suck & thus cheated) and wanted to see what happens after killer is caught. Soooo here's my question, I followed directions on dmd and hit all switches (taxi chases left & right) and still couldn't catch killer with glass off lol?? Am I missing something? Is it even possible to catch the killer(s)? Is something missing or not registering? What the hell man? . Whatever I do it goes to case 2 and so on, I thought it was a timing issue but I don't think so?(fast fat fingers) Once a case is started how do you complete it after starting following cases? Is it possible to close a case? or am I posting this for sale tomorrow?

I'm not the brightest bulb on the playfield however I know enough to get myself in trouble lol, game has no errors and all switches are registering, I'm sure I'm the issue, what's going on?I just wanna catch the killer (s) dammit!! I'm not computer or Internet savy I'm sure answers are out there somewhere but feel confident someone(s) knows exactly how to stab someone in the eye and properly bury them to close the case (s) Great pin I hope it still ends that way haha.

The pins directions suck and don't really tell ya anything?

Thanks in advance,

#2 8 years ago

http://pinball.org/rules/whodunnit.html

Start here if you haven't already mike!

#3 8 years ago

Thanks johnny but that's not helping me lol, I read directions again(from that link you posted) im hitting left and right taxi chases(only) like directions say and there are no other lights or prompts lit? Then on to case #2 , I'm doing this with glass off as well lol and still can't catch killer after correct killer is chosen?

I confused? Thanks for the help.

#4 8 years ago

Identify correct killer, hit the lit TAXI shot, hit the phone scoop. Multiball then ensues.

#5 8 years ago

Ok I know how to identify killer, where's the light taxi shot you speak of? It just goes threw the animation to the roof and then says to hit the taxi chases? Once I hit the correct taxi chase it says to hit the other which I do everytime, no mention about the phone scoop or other shoots? Nothing lit? . And then on to case #2 with no mention of failure or whatnot?. Thanks for the help.

#6 8 years ago

You only need to hit the taxi shot once. It starts by lighting one side, and the light will alternate if you DON'T hit it. Perhaps your orbit switches are flakey. So hit the lit taxi shot, then hit the phone. That's it.

#7 8 years ago

Ok like I said "I'm the issue " thanks for your help with solving this case.had some time this morning to figure this out with your help drjoe!
Blackbeard is now dead to me. Lol

Right taxi lane switch was not making, simple adjustment, also didn't realize you have to complete the whole loop (roll over 2 switches) right or left, half way threw won't do it. Glad I said something or I would never catch the killer haha.
I appreciate the help. Thanks again

This case is closed. For some reason I love this stupid pin, really think it's underated and a blast to play, I love the theme,music and cute call outs. I see myself keeping this for another month or so? Ha!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Ok like I said "I'm the issue " thanks for your help with solving this case.had some time this morning to figure this out with your help drjoe!
Blackbeard is now dead to me. Lol
Right taxi lane switch was not making, simple adjustment, also didn't realize you have to complete the whole loop (roll over 2 switches) right or left, half way threw won't do it. Glad I said something or I would never catch the killer haha.
I appreciate the help. Thanks again
This case is closed. For some reason I love this stupid pin, really think it's underated and a blast to play, I love the theme,music and cute call outs. I see myself keeping this for another month or so? Ha!

What's the over/under on the month duration?

#9 8 years ago

Glad to help. I think it's a very under-rated 90's title with a unique playfield and interesting rule set. Setting it to tournament play evens out the roulette making for some interesting strategies when playing competitively.

#10 8 years ago

Thanks again glass is back on, I still can't catch killer but at least I have a chance now.

Last question (or not?) Is it possible to close a case after another case starts? You only get one chance to catch killer once ball drains and then it's on to another case.

1 week later
#11 8 years ago

Yes. You only get one chance. A new case cannot start until the previous is completed (whether you succeed or fail). A new case will also start if you fail to hit the necessary shots before time runs out. The right orbit generally lights first and then the left orbit. Hitting the lit orbit awards points (either 25 or 50 million) and starts a hurry up at the phone that starts at 100 million and quickly decreases to 25 million. The hurry up value will be the award for every shot you make in multiball. If you fail to hit the hurry up shot at the phone, it will start the chase over again and the right orbit will light (and alternate), but I believe you have less time to hit the shot than you did the first time.

Some things to keep in mind when choosing the killers: 1) when you interrogate a suspect, the suspect is either the killer or they talk about the killer. 2) keep an eye on your clues (bullet, mirror, dagger, etc) this is different from the equipment (revolver, magnifying glass, etc). Once you collect all five clues, extra ball is lit at the phone. If you have obtained 3 or 4 clues, you might not want to catch the killer because you are close to earning an extra ball (clues reset for each case). You should deliberately choose incorrectly (or choose not to guess if it's an elevator award option) to try to earn that extra ball you were working towards. You still get 25 million points for choosing incorrectly.

#12 8 years ago

Thanks a bunch!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-whodunnit-how-the-hell-do-you-solve-a-case and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.