Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Okay, I know it super rare but does anyone on this forum own one? Is it worth trying to find it since the IPDB rating is only a 6.7? The pf layout reminds me of Silverball Mania without the horseshoe lane or up kick from the flipper drain.

#2 9 years ago

It's a cool game with some of the best artwork ever.

I sold mine long ago.

HEP is doing a restore right now on one, it's going to be super nice.

#3 9 years ago

I'm sure HEP will knock it out of the park. I was just looking at the art on the ipdb pics. Very cool looking. Are the sounds similar to Start trek, Dolly, etc.? Or is a chimer?

#4 9 years ago

Sounds are electronic, similar to Bally Lost World

#6 9 years ago

I know of one that can be had if comparable exotic Gottlieb EM's (esp wedgeheads) were offered up in trade...

Game is one of a kind cool... almost never see f/s.

#7 9 years ago

I've owned two of these within the last 3-4 years. Great artwork for sure but thats were the fun stops. I was really hoping I'd like it so I could keep one but the sounds and game played killed it for me and it had to go both times.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#8 9 years ago

Got one. Good luck trying to find one.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Okay, I know it super rare but does anyone on this forum own one? Is it worth trying to find it since the IPDB rating is only a 6.7? The pf layout reminds me of Silverball Mania without the horseshoe lane or up kick from the flipper drain.

Funny, Voltan reminds me of Mystic without the drop target banks and captive ball lane. I think the problem is that it is "without" some fun stuff. All you have to shoot at are some standup targets and a couple of spinners. It has great art and I was considering buying one, until I played it. It was a disappointing experience.

#10 9 years ago

This game is a collector's piece only, imho. Fantastic artwork and the rarity factor would be the only reason to bother with it. There's a reason they made so few with this one. I'm not saying it's not worth playing if you see one, but if you spend big bucks with hopes of it being a great player, you'll be disappointed.

#11 9 years ago

Agreed, Collector only; it is a dog player which was why it was never made. Had one and really tried it like it but it had to go in the end despite how good it looked!

#12 9 years ago

One of the grails of Dave 'MadDog' Christensen. Some complain since it has no drop targets.

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for all the input, not that I will ever see one but would also probably pass on it from what I learned from this thread. BTW I have a mint original manual if anyone is interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-voltan-opinions-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.