Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by martymart
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I am currently working on a Bally Viking and it sometimes resets when 2 to 4 players are being played. It doesn't reset on a single player game.

I have replaced the C23 although not sure where to look next as I have not come across this before.

Has anyone seen this before?

#2 1 year ago

Hmmm, not sure what multiple players would have anything to do with it resetting. Have you tried a different MPU to see if there is a change?

#3 1 year ago

Unless it has something to do with the score displays showing specific digits, it’s purely coincidental. Having said that, leave the game on in attract mode for an hour and then start a 1P game and see if it resets.

It may also be worth clearing the audits and tell us what kind of battery/NVRAM you have installed?

#4 1 year ago

Was do you mean by reset? Game reboots or starts over?
Check your slam switches and look for a stuck coin switch.

#5 1 year ago

Yeah the game stops and starts again. I have checked slam tilt although didn’t think of a stuck coin switch.

#6 1 year ago

A stuck coin switch can cause issues when the right combination of targets are hit. For the game to slam though you need to have a shorted switch diode in the mix. Note if there is a specific pattern of targets hit that cause the game to reboot.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

A stuck coin switch can cause issues when the right combination of targets are hit. For the game to slam though you need to have a shorted switch diode in the mix. Note if there is a specific pattern of targets hit that cause the game to reboot.

Ok thank you for the additional details. I will start to check this over the coming days and will confirm bnack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sewickley, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-viking-reset-when-playing-2-players?hl=martymart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.