DSCF9156.JPG
DSCF8157.JPG
DSCF8155.JPG
DSCF8154.JPG
DSCF8153.JPG
DSCF8160.JPG
DSCF8162.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I've read mixed things about the Bally Viking. I got a call & they said it worked & had little wear. Is this worth $350? Thanks for your info.

#2 10 years ago

350? I'd snap it up! (as long as the playfeild and B/ G are decent). That's one of the games on my wish list.

#3 10 years ago

If you don't want it, pass their info onto me. I would happily buy it.

It is an uncommon pin that does not seem to get much love. But generally I find these early Ballys enjoyable and they are very easy to get and keep running.

For that price you don't have much to lose.

#4 10 years ago

I really like Viking. Inline drops, center spinner, right semi-orbit shot to collect bonus and 3-bank drop target set that gives bigger points if you hit them in order.

I would snap it up in an instant if it was in decent condition.

1980-1981 was a very good time period for Bally.

#5 10 years ago

fun game especially for 350. if everything works and like the previous post, if the BG and playfield look nice then grab it.

#6 10 years ago

I'd love to have this game. Would look great next to centaur. If this is anywhere near Arizona and you do t buy would love some info on it.

#7 10 years ago

I too have been looking for one it pops up or if someone can bring one to Allentown show,
$350 is a no brainer.

#8 10 years ago

Love the artwork on the late 70's and 80's Bally games! As mg81 stated, if you're going to pass on it let another Pinside member purchase it! If someone on this thread that stated they're interested in the game, like me, and is in the vicinity of where the machine is located than shoot that person a PM and let them know!

#9 10 years ago

In 2014, $350 for any pin that has a good unobtanium PF/BG is a deal.
-mof

#10 10 years ago

There was a guy local to me (he's on the cpr website) that has a nos fully populated Viking playfield in the crate. I wonder if he ever sold it, this was last year and it was $1500.

#11 10 years ago

Yeah, there are not too many solid state pins I could walk away from at $350. Moldy, rotted out and/or missing boards maybe.

#12 10 years ago

Thanks for all the pos replies! I'm going to pick it up tomorrow night after work after I shovel 2 feet of snow out of the back of my truck...

Just ordered a set of new rubber rings for my Power Play & Funhouse from pinball resource.... wish I knew the Viking was coming so I could have saved shipping costs. Ohh well

Thanks again for all of the responses!!

#13 10 years ago

Yes pick it up. Here are pictures of mine. Full restore. Cabinet repaint, NOS playfield and everything new from pinball resource for the game on the playfield.

The game set up right is fantastic. Most people do set it up right and it is too easy. I have had many compliments on mine from really high level players at tournements who say this game is not what they expected. They have played them in the past but mine is very , very fast and difficult.

Great game when put back to original shape.

DSCF8162.JPGDSCF8162.JPG DSCF8160.JPGDSCF8160.JPG DSCF8153.JPGDSCF8153.JPG DSCF8154.JPGDSCF8154.JPG DSCF8155.JPGDSCF8155.JPG DSCF8157.JPGDSCF8157.JPG
#14 10 years ago

Very nice machine. What happened to the spinner .... maybe a shot too hard?

Question. I also have a Viking, and I'm trying to work out what sets up the left standup target for 50,000 points? You certainly hear the audio change and see the target flashing for the 50K points, but unless I've overlooked it in the manual, I can't see what actually triggers this event to occur.

#15 10 years ago

These are when I was getting it back together. Here is it in one of my party line ups.

DSCF9156.JPGDSCF9156.JPG
#16 10 years ago
Quoted from pinplayer01:

Very nice machine. What happened to the spinner .... maybe a shot too hard?
Question. I also have a Viking, and I'm trying to work out what sets up the left standup target for 50,000 points? You certainly hear the audio change and see the target flashing for the 50K points, but unless I've overlooked it in the manual, I can't see what actually triggers this event to occur.

When you hit the back target...

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

When you hit the back target...

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I think your answer is referring to the standup target behind the in-line drop targets. I meant the standup target on the left side, but the one immediately to the right of the first in-line drop target.

This target is normally 1,000 points, but every now and then the insert flashes for the 50,000 points. What I am trying to work out is what triggers the 50,000 points for this target.

#18 10 years ago

That seems like a steal! And if it's in good shape looks like a fun game and awesome art!

#19 10 years ago

Great game! I'd pay $350 to have one back in my collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sewickley, PA
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-viking-1980-worth-picking-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.