Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

switch.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

Gameplay is what it's lacking for me. This was released at the time when everyone was jumping on the split level bandwagon. I don't like games that have an upper level when there's no reason for it. This game could have easily been made single level and it would have played better. All of those short, steep ramps make the game play herky jerky. So do the ball save saucers in the outlanes. Multiball is a nightmare and has no purpose. The flipspeed shot is a great feature, but it can't save the game.

With so many solenoids in the game, which required a solenoid expander, it can also be a bitch to troubleshoot and keep running.

Lights, sounds and artwork are excellent and are what attracted me to the game in the first place. Love the Addams Family TV show on one of the plastics!

5 months later
#31 10 years ago
Quoted from nedreud:

VECTOR is supposed to have a mini-flipper (right-handed version to pair with the upper left-hand mini-flipper embossed with the word "FLIPPER"). Many instances of VECTOR are fitted with an incorrect full-size flipper on the upper playfield because the incorrect part is listed in the manual.

Really? That's interesting because I've seen a bunch of Vector's over the years and not one of them had the 2" flipper, including new in the arcade. I agree it makes sense to have a small flipper up there. So are you saying they were all assembled incorrectly at the factory due to a misprint in the manual?

2 months later
#48 9 years ago

I replaced my SEB lamp in EBD with an LED, worked fine.

2 years later
#106 7 years ago
Quoted from arkuz:

And sure enough, jiggling the expander relay module connector fixes the problem. There might be something loose there, or possibly shorted

Pull the expander and reflow the solder on the header pins. The solder joints crack, common problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-vector-why-no-love?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.