Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

switch.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canadiangamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 8 years ago

I've had Vector for a while now and it's in beautiful shape. It's been great reading all this and watching the video to see how it plays for other people, it'll help me fine tune mine. I didn't know if I loved it or hated it but I do have a better appreciation for it now, it is hard to master for sure. A strong right flipper is a must to make the left ramp and lock a ball, and my best speed that I can remember is about 800 but it wasn't from a trapped ball on the flipper, it was "on the fly".

I'm going to try different flipper rubber too, because when I trap a ball and let the flipper down to make my shot, the ball bounces down the flipper making it damn near impossible to shoot accurately. I have new yellow rubber on them now, thinking of trying the black or red... It doesn't seem to be a flipper alignment problem that I can tell. Not sure what else to try there.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Is the ball bouncing from the transition between the ball guide to the flipper?

Yes, sort of, when I let go of a trapped ball on the flipper, and I can't see any way of adjusting the guide. Is it ok to bend that wire a little? Seems hard to do, but tried a little and thought I might ruin it if I tried harder. The ball travels fine when going straight across from guide to flipper though with the flipper down.

I did put some red flipper rubber on that wasn't new but was in good shape and it seems to have helped quite a bit. It's still not perfect but much better.

And I have to agree, NICE collection MrBellman!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canadiangamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-vector-why-no-love?tu=canadiangamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.