Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by xTheBlackKnightx
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

switch.jpg
image.jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

A friend of mine wants to re-pin some things on Vector with all the fun supplies he got recently. Hmmm..

Usually those .1 connectors toast anyway.

Yes, repin!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-quick-bally-driver-board-repair-bulletproofing

#102 5 years ago

I just got a Vector today!!! I'll be rebuilding the s.d.b. as per Vid's guide. I have the flipper mechs for the flipper upgrade also as per Vid's guide. Joe

#103 5 years ago

"Hit the showers!"

10 months later
#104 4 years ago

Regarding the random ball kickout problem: what happens in my case is not actually random, but the ball kicks out when the XYZ drop targets are completed in sequence. That is supposed to drop one of the top defender targets each time, but it somehow gets crossed with the outhole ball kickout solenoid. Running the solenoid self test confirms that when the defender targets should get pulled down, the outhole solenoid fires instead. Checking wiring and schematics, you can see the circuit for the defender targets is shared with the outhole kicker, and switched via the solenoid expander relay. And sure enough, jiggling the expander relay module connector fixes the problem. There might be something loose there, or possibly shorted, but for now I have the thing running properly. It might get out of whack again, and I'll have to study that module closer, or just replace it (if replacements can be found), or rebuild it I guess. Anyway, my game is running as it should be now, and the aspect of "fighting" the defender targets is fun, but leaves much of the rest of the playfield as incidental at best.

#105 4 years ago

I should add that I've been playing this regularly and am enjoying it, despite wasted space for the ball lock area. The sounds are good and engaging, there are still enough shots to mix things up, and getting multi-ball is a real accomplishment. I'm not in a hurry to let this game go, even though I'm out of space at the moment with more coming.

2 weeks later
#106 4 years ago
Quoted from arkuz:

And sure enough, jiggling the expander relay module connector fixes the problem. There might be something loose there, or possibly shorted

Pull the expander and reflow the solder on the header pins. The solder joints crack, common problem.

1 month later
#107 4 years ago

Really? I'll have to try that. I found one of the solenoid expander relay boards with that cool 80s font, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. A fun little winter project. Easier to do than one of the larger main boards, I'm hoping.

#108 4 years ago

Quick update.

Friday: I took out the solenoid expander board, and re-soldered the connections. Tried playing a game, and no more mistaken solenoid pops. I completed the XYZ targets over & over again, and no unexpected second ball in the trough.

Still working on a few light issues & a non-working pop bumper, but this game is much more playable. Thanks.

#109 4 years ago

Simply it is an "unknown" game due to lower production numbers.

Little known fact:
The same thing was said about Centaur and Fathom, even though EBD sat right beside it during production and arcades.
What about today?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 149.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 90.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.00
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside