(Topic ID: 10666)

bally Vector opinions?

By Deluded12ga

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

So I found a guy that is selling his Bally Vector, He says the backglass and cabinet is in good shape, he hasn't said anything about the playfield. I guess the machine needs some work, like a couple coils are out and the pin reboots periodically. He is wanting 475. I am asking for pictures right now to playfield condition.

I'm looking for a machine to restore and keep in my house, it looks like a fun pin to play by the pics iv seen on the net. Has anybody played it, would this be worth it.

#2 12 years ago

Hard to go wrong at that price if the machine works and looks ok. Bally's of that era always need some love to keep them going and make them reliable. Thats why its $475. Pinwiki.com for repairs.

#3 12 years ago

I do want this game, it was in the movie "little monsters". Back glass has infinity bulbs like space invaders, has mini 2nd play field like black knight, and digital display on the play field. Had a chance to buy a good condition one for $600.

#4 12 years ago

Vector is one of the games I like. I started playing on Visual Pinball first and enjoy the gameplay and sounds. The challenge of getting the ball up the vectorscan ramp is fun.

The backglass is dual layered and looks cool. Sounds are good I enjoy the talking voice and background.

I tried to play one in person but haven't been able to. I saw it at Calextreme last year but one flipper wasn't working correctly.

My friend told me the downside of Vector is the drop targets are too close to the flippers and always break. He was also complaining the Vectorscan ramp bonus depends upon the flipper strenght and it will decline over time. You get a bonus if you hit it up the ramp faster than the previous record. However I think this is a non issue because I think the software puts in automatic "decay" so the bonus stays fair.

I would like to get one someday.

3 months later
#5 11 years ago

Anyone looking to sell? I'm really psyched about this one lately, for whatever reason...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 45.00
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-vector-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.