5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jordan_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys, so I’m restoring a Bally Vector. I’ve gone through the boards and have the machine functioning pretty well, I’m planning on repinning everything and replacing all the connectors. But right now I have all my sound but NO music. I’ve replaced the capacitors and sound pots on the S/T board. Any ideas? Does anyone know where I can get the AY3-8912 vector music chip if I need?

#2 5 years ago

probably your settings are turned off for background sound. Check the manual but I think the sounds are selected by the test switch in the coin door( # 18 should be set to 03).

#3 5 years ago

I’m getting the correct “game over” sound effect which my manual shows I should be getting in the test function. I have every single sound effect and voice speech which in vector is like 50 different quotes, but NO music

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jordan_H:

I have every single sound effect and voice speech which in vector is like 50 different quotes, but NO music

See post 2.

#5 5 years ago

Oh thank you! I got it now sorry! I can see now why someone might turn this music off!! Not the best...

#6 5 years ago

Background music is better than no music. I tend to tune out music as I play any games.

#7 5 years ago

I’ve already gotten used to the music! It just adds a lot to the gameplay! Having fun now!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-vector-no-music?hl=jordan_h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.