• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-03-14 12.26.02 (resized).jpg
2017-03-14 12.25.47 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hey guys - just picked up a Bally Vector and am having a few issues.
1 - Main problem is that the ball won't kick out wne you start a game. The solenoid does work in test mode however. I believe it is the trough switches because they are horrible. They have been bent to kingdom come. I can adjust them, but I believe the problem is the switch actuators (linkage) that connect to the switch. They are jacked up and one is broken. Do they make replacements for those?
2 - Kept getting a stuck switch 15 in the diagnostic test. That is the tilt assembly. No switches were stuck, so I snipped the capacitor (as recommended in another post) on the tilt bob assembly and that fixed the stuck switch. Do I need to replace that capacitor - or can I just leave it off?

#2 7 years ago

Note: Switch capacitors are for fast acting switch responses.
---- Upright targets that get hit by the ball, Etc...
---- the plumb bob uses a capacitor to verify that you have tilted
---- the machine. The purpose of the capacitors is to hold the signal
---- line long enough in order for the processor to acknowledge the
---- switch closure. The tilt will work without the capacitor just not as
---- responsive if it had one.

Quoted from toro1966:

I believe the problem is the switch actuators (linkage) that connect to the switch. They are jacked up and one is broken. Do they make replacements for those?

No. You would have to make your own. Pinball parts are only made
-- for a moment in time. If you wanted new outlane/outhole switch
-- actuators then you should have bought/ordered them when Bally
-- was in business back in 1982 from their distributors.

#3 7 years ago

1) Put the game on switch test and see if the game sees the trough switches activate when a ball rolls over them. I'd bet you're dealing with bad/mis-adjusted trough switches.

2) You should be able to leave the cap off the tilt switch. It's just there to help the game recognize brief/fast switch closures.

#4 7 years ago

So I got the game to shoot out a ball. The trough switches are definitely problematic. I think I am going to have to get some wire and remake the switch assemblies. They are haphazard at best. One additional question, it does not seem to count the balls as it should. What I mean is that it will shoot a ball, show ball 1 in play, and if I lose a ball, it will shoot out another as it should, but still says ball 2 in play.

It doesn't do this all the time, so I am guessing it has to do with these same switches not actuating properly. Which switch would be the culprit?

Thanks!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

I believe it is the trough switches because they are horrible. They have been bent to kingdom come. I can adjust them, but I believe the problem is the switch actuators (linkage) that connect to the switch. They are jacked up and one is broken. Do they make replacements for those?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-your-own-microswitch-actuator-wire

#6 7 years ago

Thanks - does anyone have a pic of what they are supposed to look like? Both of mine are either cut or have been modified so I can't tell what they are supposed to look like. Thanks!

#7 7 years ago

I think the switches are just spinner switches

2017-03-14 12.25.47 (resized).jpg2017-03-14 12.25.47 (resized).jpg2017-03-14 12.26.02 (resized).jpg2017-03-14 12.26.02 (resized).jpg

3 years later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-vector-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.