(Topic ID: 190341)

Bally Vampire restoration (transfusions required :)

By Colsond3

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should I do with the armor and legs?”

• Get nice, shiny chrome finish 7 votes
    12%
  • Chrome finish for armor and powder coat the legs 1 vote
    2%
  • Powder coat the armor and legs 12 votes
    21%
  • Keep original finish and just get it polished 37 votes
    65%

(57 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

573431A5-C13F-4CE9-9CF6-86C5110C545F (resized).jpeg
0C15C726-B243-47C5-9D25-D191FB86F9DA (resized).jpeg
B5004A34-6854-4F26-B981-7F6FC0CCE61C (resized).jpeg
A3A7905D-708D-405E-AB27-2F8C80D20E50 (resized).jpeg
825F3060-B399-4FB4-9A5E-8E7FA6137AC8 (resized).jpeg
D97654FD-E81D-4195-8F8C-A6D36C6CC239 (resized).jpeg
0EC3DDEC-084C-4542-86EA-B892AD4925BD (resized).jpeg
IMG_6190 (resized).JPG
VampireBlue.jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20180122_192516332 (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (resized).JPG
IMG_4744 (resized).JPG
IMG_4743 (resized).JPG
IMG_4704 (resized).JPG
IMG_4606 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#372 6 years ago

You have done an amazing job restoring this game, looks like it should be in a museum. I have never seen one of those games, where the heck did you find it at?

#374 6 years ago

I just went through this whole thread and I just gotta compliment you again on all of the work you have done to this game. I’m seriously kind of just stunned when I look at it. This is one of the most beautiful pins that I have ever seen Colsand for real. I can’t even believe how good of shape it was in when you first got it. It was dirty as hell but it was in exceptionally good condition overall. Sure is a lot of work you did but it was worth it and you are going to be able to enjoy it for the rest of your life. I love the powder coating also and the guy that did your playfield did an excellent job as well. Such a bad ass game man....unbelievable dude!

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

At what point did you decide that putting more money into the machine than it is worth, made sense? Didn’t read your 9 page blog, so you might have commented on it already. .
Nice work BTW, very well done!

You can’t put a price tag on the pride and happiness that game is going to bring him every day for the rest of his life. I wish that I had the skills that Colsand does and could do something like that. I would love to see some gameplay Colsand someday of the game once you get it all finished.

#451 6 years ago

This game is so amazing that I can’t stop looking at it.

#455 6 years ago

That game sure has some mean out lanes on it doesn’t it?
On the piece that’s sticking, get you some spray silicone and try that, should free it up maybe? I LOVE the back glass on that game, is it in really good shape? It looks like it probably is. That’s one of the best looking back glasses I’ve ever seen.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

"Claytored" Ha-ha! Love it.
Well framed video. I was watching the whole thing wondering, "What am I missing here? Where's the tribu--Aaaahhh, there it is." Haha!
Looks killer, Colson. I love how proud of it you are! A new gameplay video every night and still sitting smack in the middle of your room. Haha! So cool.
Not trying to nit-pick, honestly hoping to help dial-in your showpiece here. It looked like your left slingshot was machine-gunning occasionally. I believe if you gap those switches just a little bit wider you won't see that happening as much.
Constructive criticism aside, I'm still quite taken by your work and still crossing my fingers that you and it show up at York 2018.
Happy New Year, Colson!

Colton’s does great work for sure and this game here is a show stopper!

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Took a break to play some Frank. Such an underrated game.
» YouTube video

That definitely is a cool game. Love how he throws the balls

#468 6 years ago

Colton’s are you considering MBR if it gets made? Seems like that would be right down your alley.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It's Colson..I've seen you spell my name 14 different ways haha.
Yeah, definitely. I've refurbed two of them, just not a game I've been able justify spending $8 - $10k on myself once it shot up that far in price. Waiting to see what they do with the code also.

It’s actually Colsond lol...even you don’t know how to spell your name! I know how to spell your name but my tablet decides for me what your name should be and puts it in for me.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Ha-ha! I was on the brink of saying something, but thought I'd see how many different way's Who-Dey's autocorrect would interpret your name.
Also...where's our nightly gameplay video?

I hate auto correct with a passion

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It’s actually Colsond lol...even you don’t know how to spell your name! I know how to spell your name but my tablet decides for me what your name should be and puts it in for me.

Or is it Colson D? Anyway, doesnt matter, i turned my auto correct off. God only knows what kind of words will start popping up now ha

4 months later
#578 5 years ago

Hope all is well Colsond and that you are feeling better. Get well soon!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-vampire-restoration-input-suggestions-welcome?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.