Bally Vampire restoration (transfusions required :)

(Topic ID: 190341)

Bally Vampire restoration (transfusions required :)

By Colsond3

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 595 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should I do with the armor and legs?”

• Get nice, shiny chrome finish 7 votes
    14%
  • Chrome finish for armor and powder coat the legs 1 vote
    2%
  • Powder coat the armor and legs 10 votes
    20%
  • Keep original finish and just get it polished 33 votes
    65%

(51 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 374 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0EC3DDEC-084C-4542-86EA-B892AD4925BD (resized).jpeg
IMG_6190 (resized).JPG
VampireBlue.jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20180122_192516332 (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (resized).JPG
IMG_4744 (resized).JPG
IMG_4743 (resized).JPG
IMG_4704 (resized).JPG
IMG_4606 (resized).JPG
IMGA0324 (resized).JPG
IMGA0301 (resized).JPG
IMGA0297 (resized).JPG
IMG_4595 (resized).JPG
IMG_4594 (resized).JPG
IMG_4599 (resized).JPG

There are 595 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I actually prefer the really muted/subdued blue-almost-grey color to the poppy light blue. Seems like the desaturated color fits the theme better than the bright baby blue. Just my opinion. I sincerely hope Col does whatever makes him most happy.

Input appreciated. I'll mull it over. The clean lines are more important, and that's the biggest bonus. I guess I could hit it with a hammer and put it back to original like this (or whatever the hell they did to get the cabinet to look like that in the first place).

IMG_7141 (resized).JPG

#552 1 year ago

Even though I matched the paint under the leg that was in great shape and unfaded (it's maybe a slight shade off), I suppose I could pop the hardware and coin door back off and redo the front again changed more grayish to match the original aged & faded cabinet.

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

more grayish to match the original aged & faded cabinet.

now your talking !

#554 1 year ago

Baby blue just doesn't fit the theme IMHO.
Greyish; is a better theme fit as others have stated.

#555 1 year ago

Ok then...looks like I'm stripping it back down.

#556 1 year ago

Game was never slate gray! Here is my unpainted original head.

IMG_20180122_192516332 (resized).jpg

#557 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

There were actually two painted versions. Most of them were grayish blue, and I think about 100 of them came in the blue color that you have. Read that on IPDB when I started looking for one of these a few years ago...

image (resized).jpg

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

That's awesome that you have one though CacJack. Backbox looks nice other than a few minor bumps. What's the condition of your playfield?

#559 1 year ago

Interesting that they did the two different colors. When I first saw that blue on Jack's picture I was thinking, I'm actually glad I have a faded cab on mine. Gray just seems more fitting to me

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

redo the front again changed more grayish to match the original aged & faded cabinet.

^^^ That - IMHO

Damn, saw 10 new posts on here since last night, thought I was missing something HUGE.

#561 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

^^^ That - IMHO
Damn, saw 10 new posts on here since last night, thought I was missing something HUGE.

Nope. Just Pinside being Pinside.

#562 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nope. Just Pinside being Pinside.

...and here I thought that meant something completely different.

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

There were actually two painted versions. Most of them were grayish blue, and I think about 100 of them came in the blue color...

Huh! That's interesting. The photos on IPDB make that blue look like a teal/light blue. I can see why they switched to grey. However, I can imagine how a DARKER blue, like a midnight blue, might work well with the theme. Here's Jack's sidecab and a comparison of how things MIGHT have gone...if the cabinet painter had some wherewithal.

VampireBlue.jpg

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Huh! That interesting. The photos on IPDB make that blue look like a teal/light blue. I can see why they switched to grey. However, I can imagine how a DARKER blue, like a midnight blue, might work well with the theme. Here's Jack's sidecab and a comparison of how things MIGHT have gone...if the cabinet painter had some wherewithal.

I like the dark blue cab...

#565 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Huh! That interesting. The photos on IPDB make that blue look like a teal/light blue. I can see why they switched to grey. However, I can imagine how a DARKER blue, like a midnight blue, might work well with the theme. Here's Jack's sidecab and a comparison of how things MIGHT have gone...if the cabinet painter had some wherewithal.

claytor how would cab look in crimson red? claytorize it

#566 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

claytor how would cab look in crimson red? claytorize it

With that green skull and moon? Like Christmas.

#567 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I like the dark blue cab...

Me too. Spring project?

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

With that green skull and moon? Like Christmas.

then it would be Christmas everyday in Langhorne.

#569 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Me too. Spring project?

That would be an undertaking....I am thinking about all options at this point. The dark blue would give it more of a "night time" feel. And here I thought I was at least close to being done with this thing...

#570 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And here I thought I was at least close to being done with this thing...

Ha-ha! You are! You're makin' us all jealous with those Vampire Sax vids. It's playing. ...like a champ! Cabinet paint isn't gonna affect gameplay. Regardless, good luck with the aesthetic decision-making process.

2 weeks later
#571 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Guess on the movie this song is from?

Just showed my wife this vid. She says, "His hair is way too short for that music. He definitely had long hair in an earlier life."

*LOL*

...care to confirm?

#572 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just showed my wife this vid. She says, "His hair is way too short for that music. He definitely had long hair in an earlier life."
*LOL*
...care to confirm?

Haha...nope. Never had long headbanger hair in my life. I've played drums and guitar since I was 10 or 11, and have always been into all music. But when I was younger, listened primarily to heavy stuff like Metallica, Korn, Slipknot, etc.

1 week later
#573 12 months ago

Ready to start tackling the rest of this after playing a few games last night. I've made some reverse stencils to cover the arrows on the front so I can just re-spray directly over them. I've never done that before, so we'll see how it pans out.

This will give me a good chance to color match so I can touch up the backbox at the same time.

#574 11 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Ready to start tackling the rest of this after playing a few games last night. I've made some reverse stencils to cover the arrows on the front so I can just re-spray directly over them. I've never done that before, so we'll see how it pans out.
This will give me a good chance to color match so I can touch up the backbox at the same time.

Hm...will it be

-Stock muted blue/grey
-Prototype teal
-Claytorian Midnight blue

1 month later
#575 10 months ago

GREAT JOB !!!!

1 month later
#576 9 months ago

Thanks man. Was down and out, and also not on here much for a while due to some surgery. Took the Vamp to Pinfest to get my spirits back up. Got a good workout and a lot of good reviews even not done yet.

IMG_6190 (resized).JPG

#577 9 months ago

I hope your feeling better now so you can finish it. I love it.

#578 9 months ago

Hope all is well Colsond and that you are feeling better. Get well soon!

#579 9 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope your feeling better now so you can finish it. I love it.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hope all is well Colsond and that you are feeling better. Get well soon!

Thanks fellas. Almost back to par.

#580 9 months ago

Just stopping by to say how beautiful your game was in person! Thanks for sharing it with us all at Allentown. Sorry I didn't see you in person this year; I would've loved to catch up a bit and talk about your restore process on it.

It's funny, when I saw the spooksville, I thought it'd be something you'd have liked. I should've sent you a text, but I was rushing around on Saturday with the fiancé... Next time I'll make sure you don't miss out. I'm glad you're recovering well!

#581 9 months ago

It looked great in person! Hope it held up all weekend. Heard someone carved their name into an original medieval madness over the weekend. Another reason I’m terrified to take my better stuff to show off in free play

#582 9 months ago

Really!!!that’s the kind of shit I’d expect if a machine was out in the wild at a pizza shop or something.

#583 9 months ago

You are doing a amazing job on your resto! It was nice to chat with you on Friday for a few minutes. Your machine seemed to be getting quite a bit of attention. Well done!
Ps if you ever want to sell PM me!!!!

0EC3DDEC-084C-4542-86EA-B892AD4925BD (resized).jpeg

#584 9 months ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Just stopping by to say how beautiful your game was in person! Thanks for sharing it with us all at Allentown. Sorry I didn't see you in person this year; I would've loved to catch up a bit and talk about your restore process on it.
It's funny, when I saw the spooksville, I thought it'd be something you'd have liked. I should've sent you a text, but I was rushing around on Saturday with the fiancé... Next time I'll make sure you don't miss out. I'm glad you're recovering well!

Definitely Max. I think this is the first year in a while I didn't see you in person. We'll catch up sometime soon. And if you hear any info about that Spooksville, let me know.

#585 9 months ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Hope it held up all weekend. Heard someone carved their name into an original medieval madness over the weekend.

Definitely good to meet you in person too. Other than someone seizing up that one pop bumper, nothing. Luckily I was able to tend to that in a few minutes before the coil blew and get it back up and running. A few very minor scratches on the armor that I can deal with. Nothing major, luckily.

I can't believe someone was etching their initials into a game, and an MM at that. I would've snapped their index finger back if I saw it happening.

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

You are doing a amazing job on your resto! It was nice to chat with you on Friday for a few minutes. Your machine seemed to be getting quite a bit of attention. Well done! Ps if you ever want to sell PM me!!!!

Thanks man, good being able to chat with you too. And thanks for the comments. I think there's a little line waiting if I ever decide to sell this thing, but I'll definitely let everyone know and let the arm wrestling tournament begin.

#586 9 months ago

Game looks better in person than it does in pictures. That playfiend is like glass and plays like butter.

#587 9 months ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

Game looks better in person than it does in pictures. That playfiend is like glass and plays like butter.

I stopped by and checked this out at Allentown. It looked great.

In person you can really see the detail and thought that went into this. I also enjoyed meeting colsond3. He took the time to walk me through the game and show me all the work that went into it.

#588 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Almost back to par.

So you had a stroke?

1 week later
#589 9 months ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

It looked great in person! Hope it held up all weekend. Heard someone carved their name into an original medieval madness over the weekend. Another reason I’m terrified to take my better stuff to show off in free play

Sounds like BS. Don't think someone abusing a machine would be around for long!!

5 months later
#590 3 months ago

Hey Colsond, I thought you might be interested in a second one.

boise.craigslist.org link

#591 3 months ago

://boise.craigslist.org/atq/d/vintage-vanpire-pinball/6715867284.html

Let's try again

#592 3 months ago

Thanks. I shot him a message. Hard to tell with no pictures of the playfield. Cabinet looks a little rough.

#593 3 months ago

Looked like it was part of the laundry room, lol. Maybe you can talk him down a bit. They must be pretty rare, I've never seen one before.

#594 3 months ago

Trying to figure out who is selling them for 12-15k and if they are made of solid gold

#595 3 months ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Trying to figure out who is selling them for 12-15k and if they are made of solid gold

Too funny. I would like to know that too. I’m in negotiations with him right now and waiting for a shipping quote. I’ll ask him that question after our deal is solidified.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 208.87
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 109.99
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,199.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 4.00
Electronics
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 218.00
There are 595 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside