Bally Vampire

By Nintendork

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

So I'm working on 1971 Bally Vampire and just have a few problems. One is that the ball shooter will not make it over the hump into the plunger except after 2 or 3 times. I cleaned and replaced the coil and sleeve. The other biggest problem is that the game will not go to 2 players until ball 4. Any ideas if its the ball count or the unit to the left of it in the back box?

Thanks guys and gals

#2 1 year ago

Try cleaning outhole contacts and outhole switch contacts

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from southofi-10:

Try cleaning outhole contacts and outhole switch contacts

You're talking about where the relays hit on the ball shooter?

#4 1 year ago

Are you saying the ball won't go into the shooter lane? If that's the case, remove the apron and watch what's happening.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Are you saying the ball won't go into the shooter lane? If that's the case, remove the apron and watch what's happening.

Yes it won't get over that hump but after 2 or 3 or 4 tries. I cleaned inside the trough and cleaned the hole the ball rests in

#6 1 year ago

It is possible the contacts for the trough kicker coil are in bad shape causing a weak voltage to get to the coil. Therefore, the kick could be weak trying to get it up the trough assembly. Also, did you make sure the trough kicker arm was not bound up on the pivot point?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:

It is possible the contacts for the trough kicker coil are in bad shape causing a weak voltage to get to the coil. Therefore, the kick could be weak trying to get it up the trough assembly. Also, did you make sure the trough kicker arm was not bound up on the pivot point?

I did not do either of those. Thank you. The kicker arm moves freely as far as I can see when I push back on the solenoid arm. It also has a spring on it

#8 1 year ago

I had the same issue on my Fireball. I cleaned things up and made sure the kicker arm was able to make a full strike/swing.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I had the same issue on my Fireball. I cleaned things up and made sure the kicker arm was able to make a full strike/swing.

Awesome. Thanks for the info

#10 1 year ago

I might have applied a very small amount of superlube to the kicker arm pivot point. I think my main issue was that a piece of the apron where the ball drains was stopping the kicker arm so it couldn’t make a full kick.

#11 1 year ago

Check out score motor cam 6 switch B . This switch completes the circuit to the outhole kicker solenoid. Clean and check switch gap and adjust if needed.
Clean and check the ball count unit disc and wiper blade that pulls in the player relay that changes from 1st to 2nd player.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I might have applied a very small amount of superlube to the kicker arm pivot point. I think my main issue was that a piece of the apron where the ball drains was stopping the kicker arm so it couldn’t make a full kick.

I will definitely try that. Going back tomorrow

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Check out score motor cam 6 switch B . This switch completes the circuit to the outhole kicker solenoid. Clean and check switch gap and adjust if needed.
Clean and check the ball count unit disc and wiper blade that pulls in the player relay that changes from 1st to 2nd player.

Sounds great thanks for all the great comments

2 weeks later
#14 1 year ago

Did you get your Bally Vampire kicker working better?

5 months later
#15 8 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Did you get your Bally Vampire kicker working better?

I did yes thanks to a friend!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-vampire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.