Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RESET CIRCUIT (resized).jpg
feature drum (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

On my Bally Twin Win pinball game the RESET relay will not de-energize during the start up sequence. The hold circuit does not open.
Otherwise, if I manually trip the RESET relay the game goes into PLAY mode and is OK.

The attached photo shows this circuit. I have traced the problem to the yellow wire at motor switch 8B (shared with motor switches 8A and 8C). With the machine hooked up to play (all Jones plugs installed) switch 8B never breaks the circuit from cam action, even though the switch does completely open. I can replicate this manually with the game off and opening the switch.

I pulled the bottom board out and unplugged all Jones plugs.
Now motor switch 8B works correctly. When open it does break the circuit. The switch is OK.

Plugging in the jones plugs one at a time I found the one causing the ground. It goes to the playfield. The offending pin was located and it is the ground pin that connects the playfield to the bottom board.

I traced that wire onto the playfield and it goes to the drum unit in the attached photo. Is this the Feature Drum Unit listed on the schematic? The offending switches were not open, and when open the motor switch 8B looks OK. So I adjusted the switches. Haven't tried it yet.

Thanks.
Alan

feature drum (resized).jpgfeature drum (resized).jpg

RESET CIRCUIT (resized).jpgRESET CIRCUIT (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Does the score motor keep running when when the reset relay is energized? Check the switches on the game over relay and coin relay. Not sure what the feature score drums are, but there are eight switches related to the feature score drums. Maybe these switches are also on the score reels. All those switches have a yellow wire and a green/black wire attached to each switch, so you should be able to find them. Is the stepper in the photo for the laps scoring???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Tools
Troxel Repair
Tools
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-twin-win-reset-relay-wont-de-energize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.