Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

last problem right out roll over (resized).jpg
The Final Problem 1 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Lightened.pdf (PDF preview)
20191024_200325 (resized).jpg
bad68f9d990620b20b27b7579db92676cb71d67e.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 4 years ago

I am having trouble with the bonus tabulating properly and also with bonus redemption. Also, on ball five the bonus isn’t able to complete redemption before Game Over. Acts the same for both players. Here is a video example. I really struggle reading Bally diagrams. Specifically tracking down the contacts being used by a specific relay. I really appriciate the detail I have found in Gottlieb drawings.

bad68f9d990620b20b27b7579db92676cb71d67e.pdfbad68f9d990620b20b27b7579db92676cb71d67e.pdf
#2 4 years ago

couple problems here you need to clean/adjust the bonus unit so it will count down, and the switch in the scoop may be dirty and not activating the yellow hole relay or the score motor switch shown in the schematic is dirty or not closed like it should be

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

couple problems here you need to clean/adjust the bonus unit so it will count down, and the switch in the scoop may be dirty and not activating the yellow hole relay or the score motor switch shown in the schematic is dirty or not closed like it should be

What I did find on the Yellow Bonus Step Up Unit was a continuously open end of stroke contact referred on the print at Print Location 5J as Yellow Bonus Unit Zero (NO).

As a result, when the Yellow Bonus Unit Stepper Solenoid advances, the now repaired Yellow Bonus Yellow Bonus Unit Zero contact is then allowed to close.

However now the Yellow Bonus Unit Reset Solenoid (Print Location F35) immediately energizes preventing the Yellow Bonus Unit Stepper Solenoid to advance the bonus as the wiper is returned to the zero position and Yellow Bonus Unit Zero contact is back to a normally open state. See video.

At this point I checked all the contacts in the Yellow Bonus Unit Reset Solenoid circuit (Print Location F35). The are all as shown on the print. All normally open. As far as what is happening when the Score Motor is running I have run it slowly by hand. As far as I can tell the Score Motor Contacts in the Yellow Bonus Unit Reset Solenoid circuit operate as they should. I am having trouble figuring out this one. I look forward to your input. 20191024_200325 (resized).jpg20191024_200325 (resized).jpg

#5 4 years ago

Check those score motor sw. for cleanliness and good contact.

#6 4 years ago

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

I'll stop at UPS store in the morning.

Lightened.pdfLightened.pdf
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

I'll stop at UPS store in the morning.[quoted image]

Try this link while it is still active. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rl5ffmtyfqm2df/Image_20191026_0003_cropped.pdf?dl=0

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

Try this link while it is still active

How on earth did they get such a crappy scan that size?! 124 meg!!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

How on earth did they get such a crappy scan that size?! 124 meg!!

The preview image is blurry but when download its crisp.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

when download its crisp

Crisp is being generous. And the numbers from 1 to 20 along the bottom edge are missing.

Is this problem on both the Yellow and Green bonus?
What are the Yellow Bonus relay and Yellow Bonus Zero relay doing when this happens?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Crisp is being generous. And the numbers from 1 to 20 along the bottom edge are missing.
Is this problem on both the Yellow and Green bonus?
What are the Yellow Bonus relay and Yellow Bonus Zero relay doing when this happens?

Yes both Yellow 1st Player and Green 2nd player bonus have the same problem. Both Yellow Bonus relay and Yellow Bonus Zero relay actuate and the score motor runs. The car lamp indicators progress as well around the track. The number of spaces moved is determined by the condition (lit of not or color) of the bonus taget. 1, 3, or 5 spaces. I can shoot a short video of this if that would help.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

Both Yellow Bonus relay and Yellow Bonus Zero relay actuate

Check the Yellow Bonus Unit zero switch if the Yellow Bonus Zero relay activates before the Yellow bonus reaches zefo.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#14 4 years ago

So here is what I observed. It seems pretty much instantaneous so the relay follows the switch very closely. Call me a skeptic but just for the heck of it I isolate the switch and as you would expect nothing happened.

Added over 4 years ago:
Quoted from HowardR:

Check the Yellow Bonus Unit zero switch if the Yellow Bonus Zero relay activates before the Yellow bonus reaches zefo.[quoted image]

#15 4 years ago

While looking at the Yellow Bonus Reset Solenoid circuit (see below) trying to figure out what is making this come on before it should, I was able to account for the the two Score Motor switches. They were N.O.open and the Score Motor runs for most every thing you do so I knew it had to be able to run without the Yellow Bonus Reset Solenoid energizing.

This left the Reset Relays and Yellow/Green Bonus Relays. The only thing resetting was the bonus not the whole machine so that was out.

My focus went to the Yellow/Green Bonus Relays (see below). The Yellow Bonus Zero Relay contact had to be energized that was a given because as the bonus accumulated on the Yellow Bonus Unit the Yellow Bonus Unit Zero contact would close completing the circuit for the The Yellow Bonus Zero Relay.

Three left.
1 Yellow Bonus Relay, to me this was a no only because I went over those contacts and I never saw the relay hang up. so fore the moment I would move on.
2 Yellow Hole relay. If this was closed for some reason the yellow hole eject would be going off.
3 Left or Right Out Roll Over switch. They are so flush to the underside of the play field its difficult to see which state there in. I checked the right side first and checked for continuity. Sure enough there was a clear ring from my MM.

Thank you all for your help. This problem presented itself in a way that I couldn't get my head around. Your ideas and questions pulled me back into frame so I could finally see through the forest.

The Final Problem 1 (resized).jpgThe Final Problem 1 (resized).jpglast problem right out roll over (resized).jpglast problem right out roll over (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-twin-win-bonus-trouble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.