7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cooke
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-up.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Picked up a Bally Truck Stop the other day. Currently at power on, all of the coils lock on and the 2 fuses under the play field blow. The fuse for the coils on the power supply board is NOT blown.

Any ideas what would cause this?

At power on, the coils all lock on, the under play field fuses both blow, and the game continues into attract mode as it should. You can go through the diagnostics, change the settings, and start a new game up just fine. All the switches work and score as they should on the play field, but obviously there are no coils working.

This was not happening when I picked it up and set it up back at the house. At pick up it had a couple small issues:

- stand up target would stick to the pad behind it causing scoring whenever you hit the flippers (adjusted)
- same segment out on all digits on on of the displays caused by a bad transistor on the display board (replaced transistor)
- some lights out here and there, went into test mode and replaced all burnt out lights with the exception of one of the 912 flashers. when you put in a new flasher, it and the other flasher associated with the same q transistor both stay lit all the time. When you remove the one that was burnt out, the other flasher works normally as it should.

Other wise it was playing as it should. As it sits now, the one flasher light is still an issue, but otherwise all lights work as they should all switches score as they should and none are stuck, however, all the coils lock on at power up and blow the under play field fuses.

Other than looking for something I might have bumped that shouldn't be touching while I was replacing lights, any other ideas?

Thanks!

#3 7 years ago

Dug out my spare 6803 board today and put the Truck Stop roms on it. Coil lock on issue went away. Obviously a board issue. Thinking the 74LS154 decoder for the solenoids. Got one with a socket on order.

Q34 controlled brights are still locked on. Thinking a diode issue on the lamp socket since the board change didn't fix the issue. Board was tested in my Atlantis, so I know Q34 does work properly on the board. Maybe a grounding issue with the 2 lamps?

Moving forward......

Noticed the lights across the light board at the back of the play field were sporadic. Cold solder joints at both connectors on the board were the issue. Resolved!

Also noticed the following:

Player 1/2 ALWAYS has all commas on during numbers.
Player 3/4 display glass doesn't show commas for the 4th player.

The display glasses are different. Player 1/2 has commas after every number while player 3/4 only has commas at the 1,000, 100,000, and million, where you would normally write them.

Something to look into, but that will probably be last. Rather have everything else working 100% first since it affects the game play the least.

Any feed back or ideas would be great!

Updates to follow when I get more accomplished.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-up.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-truck-stop-6803-all-coils-lock-on-at-power-up?tu=Pin-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.