(Topic ID: 245119)

Bally Transformer / Rectifier Board Interchange Question.

By tomdrum

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by CanadianPinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Came across a Bally E-122-131 transformer from a Kiss or Future Spa. Can a replacement AS-2518-18 rectifier be used on that transformer and can it be installed in other Bally games of that era with a transformer in the head?

#2 1 year ago

Kiss, Space Invaders and Future Spa were the first games to use more than 60 feature lamps and in doing so required a transformer to be capable of supplying extra current for the higher number of lamps. This also included a slight increase in feature lamp voltage (from 5.4VDC to 6.5VDC).

If using that E-122-131 transformer in one of said three games, make sure the rectifier board has the capability of supplying the current by way of using the large bridge rectifiers/heatsinks and the 9 pin J1 playfield connector, i.e. like Barakandl's aftermarket rectifier board.
Note, this transformer has two wires for each feature lamp AC connection to the rectifier board to handle the extra current where the previous E-122-125 transformer only has one wire for each AC connection.

You can use this transformer in other Bally late 70's games - the feature lamps will be a little brighter than normal. If you're using LEDs though you probably won't notice any difference.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks Quench as usual for the correct information!

1 year later
#4 15 days ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Came across a Bally E-122-131 transformer from a Kiss or Future Spa. Can a replacement AS-2518-18 rectifier be used on that transformer and can it be installed in other Bally games of that era with a transformer in the head?

do you know where I can find one of those transformers? I am in need of one for a kiss pin ball. Thanks

1 week later
#5 7 days ago
Quoted from mrsyfy:

do you know where I can find one of those transformers? I am in need of one for a kiss pin ball. Thanks

I would try the old rec.games.pinball forum on Yahoo. People there are usually more responsive and helpful.

Yves

#6 6 days ago

Transformers">https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Transformers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.50
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wien, WIEN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside