5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Quench
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dangerterror.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I’m not getting 12v to power the boards in a Bally Speakeasy.

On the rectifier board: At 11.9v test point I’m getting 6.0v DC. The rectifier board is brand new and that eliminated a bunch of other issues. But the 12v from the transformer seems to be the last problem. I never deal with transformers — is it time to pick up a used one? Or just throw a cheap switching supply in there?

I can actually run the new replacement MPU on the existing 6.5v and it works with all flashes, but the symptoms are that controlled lamps, motor, displays all don’t work. GI and coils do.

Thanks!

#3 5 years ago

I think I’ve eliminated the rectifier board as an issue, the AC coming in to the 12v rectifier is low too, I think it was at 7-8? I’d have to measure it again as I didn’t write it down. Thanks!

#6 5 years ago

It’s set up for 120 on a 120 line. The problems arose after a move. Fine before that. I have a 100% new rectifier board in there, newly manufactured, and before that I’d rebuilt the last one, they both have the same behavior. But I will try that test. If it is the transformer, what next?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dangerterror.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-transformer-bad?tu=dangerterror and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.