You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0622.jpg
TAF-ballthrough.png

#1 9 years ago

Hey all!

I have some pretty rough ware on my TAF play field ball eject area.
Ideas of how to best and easiest do a solid functional repair?
It is not a case of a 'show room'-pin but a 'decent players quality'

TAF-ballthrough.pngTAF-ballthrough.png

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Cheers
//mima

#2 9 years ago

A simple answer for player quality could be Quickwood (some sort of wood epoxy) plus a cliffy. I'd form the wood putty in the gap, install the cliffy, then trim around while the putty was workable.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/TAF/TAF-eject1.jpg

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

A simple answer for player quality could be Quickwood (some sort of wood epoxy) plus a cliffy. I'd form the wood putty in the gap, install the cliffy, then trim around while the putty was workable.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/TAF/TAF-eject1.jpg

Tried that, it did not work
:/

#4 9 years ago

It takes a medium to high level of woodworking, but you could use a router to take the top 2 layers of plywood out in that section and patch it back with hardwood (maple). Fit the new piece, then glue and clamp it into place. Finish it off with some minor sanding and spray lacquer. It's easier if you remove the playfield from the game.

Where are you located? Maybe someone can help.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

It takes a medium to high level of woodworking, but you could use a router to take the top 2 layers of plywood out in that section and patch it back with hardwood (maple). Fit the new piece, then glue and clamp it into place. Finish it off with some minor sanding and spray lacquer. It's easier if you remove the playfield from the game.
Where are you located? Maybe someone can help.
Steve (in Escalon, CA)

Thanx I would have loved some help, and I am happy to hear that we have so generous fellow pinsiders, I do sadly tough live in Europe, Sweden so it's a bit to far...

Great tip tough, I will have to see if can pursue that as the true goal.
I would need a quick fix meanwhile.

cheers
/Micael

#6 9 years ago

This is my 'quick fix' for the issue, until I get the time and skills to do a real repair....

IMAG0622.jpgIMAG0622.jpg

cheers
/Micael

1 month later
#7 9 years ago
Quoted from mima:

This is my 'quick fix' for the issue, until I get the time and skills to do a real repair....

cheers
/Micael

I like this - where did you find that skeleton-part?

3 months later
#8 9 years ago

I think that coffin is a scared stiff or monster bash mod that you can purchase online.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I like this - where did you find that skeleton-part?

It is a toy from e-bay

#11 9 years ago

Mima, how did you get the shooter collar to light up? Led attached to something to power it under there? Lol a picture and/or parts list would be nice if you have the time.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Mima, how did you get the shooter collar to light up? Led attached to something to power it under there? Lol a picture and/or parts list would be nice if you have the time.

It is just a led i hooked up to GI

1 week later
#13 9 years ago

Duhh lol Thats way to easy. Lol Thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-taf-ball-eject-play-field-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.