wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png
IMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
20240323_132510 (resized).jpg
20240323_132525 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whiskeytango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2980 4 years ago

I just paid for my TAF and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait!

#2982 4 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Switched to the clear staircase ramp, wow what a difference! Looks amazing! [quoted image]

Looks great! Where did you find one?

3 weeks later
#3027 4 years ago

My TAF arrived last night and I'm working on putting together a clean LED set together with all Comet product.

Here is what I have for insert lighting so far, excluding *THING*.
Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 9.34.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-08 at 9.34.24 PM (resized).png

I was hoping someone has an accounting of quantity and types for the GI bulbs. I'm planning on using their 2SMD frosted line.

Thanks.

#3028 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

My TAF arrived last night and I'm working on putting together a clean LED set together with all Comet product.
Here is what I have for insert lighting so far, excluding *THING*.
[quoted image]
I was hoping someone has an accounting of quantity and types for the GI bulbs. I'm planning on using their 2SMD frosted line.
Thanks.

I'm having difficulties correlating 4 bulbs from the Lamp Locations on page 98(2-40) of the manual.
45 The Mamushka #44
58 Hit Cousin It #555
77 Thing Yellow #555
78 Thing Green #555

Are these on a plastic assembly that I keep overlooking?

Bally_1992_The_Addams_Family_Manual (dragged) 2.pdfBally_1992_The_Addams_Family_Manual (dragged) 2.pdf
#3031 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

45 and 58 are mansion insert lights that are on that diagram (bottom right)
77 and 78 are two lights above the Thing ramp which doesn't appear to be shown on that diagram for some reason. Often these manuals had mistakes or omissions.
77 and 78 are attracted to a single plastic piece above the playfield, screwed into the plastic ramp.

Damn.. 45 & 58 were right in front of my face. So comparing diagrams, 58/45 = 51/52 and 77/78 = 1/2.

Quoted from Durzel:

Regards GI count - TAF doesn't have much GI, I'd like to say you'd get away with 15 #44 bulbs and have a few spares. There are a few #555 ones to catch you out (above Thing flipper and between telephone plastic to name but two). If you're buying from Comet I would strongly recommend some even brighter GI bulbs for the back of the playfield, under the blue plastics (all #44, except the telephone one). I went with their Quasar ones and am very happy with the results. 2SMD is a good choice though all round.

Did you get any hot spots with the brighter bulbs in the back? That's the only thing I worried about right now.

#3037 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What is going on with that translite? ☹️

3325jp (resized).jpg3325jp (resized).jpg
#3039 4 years ago

Installed the ColorDMD LCD last night and did the THING lightboard mod today. It's wasn't bad at all.

fullsizeoutput_576e (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_576e (resized).jpeg
#3042 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

If you run the ColorDMD (LCD), the new display replaces the “THING” board. Even in the brightest setting, the display lights up these as segments but not bright enough (to many). You can mod the board as above to solder in LED’s and keep low profile so you can have the brighter THING lights using original board.
Love the idea and I keep saying will do this.

It was pretty easy. The hardest part was de-casing the LEDs and bending them into shape.

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I've got a ColorDMD LCD in my TAF and it does not replace the Thing light board, nor does it try and simulate it in the software.
I had to fit it higher up than normal (per the instructions) which means when working on the machine the speaker panel has to be dropped in order to open the translite light panel (?), but that's it. The THING board in my TAF is unmolested.

I did that at first and while it barely fit, You could see the shadow of frame of the display when the game is on so I went the mod route.

#3051 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Yeah that is a bit of an issue granted. So does the modified THING board sit in front of the LCD?

Yes it does.

Quoted from PTHermes:

Yes, so it is important that you don't leave anything sticking up higher than necessary, and put a good piece of tape over the modifications so they don't leave dents in the LCD screen.

I removed the standoffs and screwed it down to be as flush as possible. To keep it from harming the LCD, I covered the back with foam sheet.

1 month later
#3131 4 years ago

My TAF was redone before it got to me, but all of the factory decals/stickers in side the game are gone. Can anyone point me to a place that shows them or snap some pictures? Thanks.

3 weeks later
#3207 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Another shameless bump for a Thing Lamp board - c'mon guys someone has to have one they want to sell?!

I could modify your board if you want.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/61#post-5039379

#3208 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

It's called ghosting. I have the same issue happening on a TAF I just got in. I'm curious what rom version you're running? For the record every machine I've put LEDs in I've installed GIOCD and LEDOCD boards. I suspect this one will also get them.

I installed both boards in my TAF and it looks great.

Per the LED OCD website, you don't need to use non-ghosting bulbs: "Standard LEDs will give the OCD board more direct control over the LEDs, but you can still use non-ghosting bulbs with some minor restrictions."

I used all Comet bulbs, 5050 Frosted for the inserts and 2SMD Frosted for the GI. Personally, I've moved to Sunlight as my GI choice and have been really happy.

3 weeks later
#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

are you using regular or non-ghosting LED's?

From the LEDOCD website. http://www.ledocd.com/faq_led.html

"Standard LEDs will give the OCD board more direct control over the LEDs, but you can still use non-ghosting bulbs with some minor restrictions."

3 months later
#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can we see pics of inter side Art? Like mirror blades. I can’t find any I like.

I have mirror blades in most of my games and pulled them from my TAF. For some reason, they just didn't work for me. Planetary has a set of art blades that definitely match the existing artwork and I'm considering them.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-20&Product_Code=PPS-TAF-SIDEBD-PD

PPS-TAF-SIDEBD-PDL (resized).jpgPPS-TAF-SIDEBD-PDL (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3507 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Hey Everyone,
If anyone wants one just let me know. If I get enough of a commitment then I will produce a batch of them. Not looking to make anything off these, just trying to help others out. Also not trying to step on anyone else's toes.. e.g. CLEllison or that other company that made them, or anyone else planning to in the future. The price per unit should only be about $10-$15 plus shipping and will come fully assembled and ready to plug and play. Looking like it will be a month or so before I get them due to manufacturer I am using having their annual "Holiday" till the end of the month.

I'd be interested in a couple at least. I have LED OCD & GI OCD boards installed, so ghosting probably won't be an issue on mine.

1 month later
#3602 4 years ago

I'm thinking of selling my TAF and not sure where to price it. LMK what you think.

Features:
- Clean Original Boards(Gold ROMs)
- Clean GI Connectors
- NEW Playfield
- Perfect Translite
- NEW Clear Ramp
- NEW Plastics
- NEW Fused High Power Magnet Board (barakandl)
- NEW “THING” board (Pinshaker)
- ColorDMD LCD
- LED OCD board
- GI OCD board
- Uncle Fester Mod
- GREED Book Mod
- Bookcase Decal Mod
- THING box Decal Mod
- Comet LEDs throughout (No clown vomit)
- Custom Apron Cards
- NEW Chrome Williams Legs
- NEW Leg Levelers

Additional Parts included, but not installed:
- Pop cap set

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dh3t7ZcsywQt45uz8

#3612 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I agree though LED OCD with actual pulsing is still way better.

I have LED and GI OCD; Worth every penny.

10 months later
#4161 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Anyone have a part number for a cabinet flipper switch complete with screws? (The part that is mounted IN the cabinet, that the button presses against..)
Thanks.

This is the switch, but I'm not sure of the screws.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1A-192

3 weeks later
#4195 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It is much better?

I have it and it's been rock solid.

7 months later
#4430 2 years ago

SOLD - I have a set of NOS plastics, complete with that funky NOS smell, if anyone is looking for some.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 159.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whiskeytango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=whiskeytango and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.