lurch (resized).jpg
library (resized).jpg
gomez (resized).jpg
cousin itt (resized).jpg
fester (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1621 6 years ago

I just purchased my first pin, a really nice TAF with color Dmd from a local pinsider.

I had to take the head off to get it in the vehicle we brought to pick it up, which was a huge ordeal to put back together, but it gave me a chance to clean pins on the boards, some of which were quite oxidized.

Since I don't know much about pins I was wondering if anyone in the NYC area that knows TAF well would be into the idea of taking a look and playing my machine to give me advice on what if anything I should have restored/ shopped?

The beer will be on me and I have a great vinyl collection to peruse and play.

#1624 6 years ago

I have a few questions.

what could cause my TAF upper flipper to stick sometimes? Owner I bought from said to just raise spring position where it attaches for more tension.

Where is the bubble level hi end is supposed to be set?

In the original promo video on YouTube it shows 6 lines on the level but mine has 5 lines. The video states it was the first game to have a level built in.

Also my ramps are clear. Does this mean they were replaced?

Thanks

#1629 6 years ago

Thanks pinballinreno. I've never taken a flipper apart but found some youtube vids and will try.

In the audits I noticed something called "things vault" which had zero hits.

What is that exactly?

I had some relatives visit and their teenage sons loved playing. I can't believe how even one pin is such a nice and social thing to have. Just walking in a seeing a lit up cabinet just screams "fun."

1 week later
#1641 6 years ago

Hawk... Thanks for this tip... So no magnet fuses mod necessary if this area is cleaned?
I just did it with qtips and water and as you said there was a fine layer of dirt throughout.

My upper flipper stuck again and I didn't have a coil sleeve on hand. But I cleaned the old gunked up one thoroughly and now it's perfect. My first repair and quite gratifying. I also cleaned all the flipper close leaf switches with business card trick. Some were quite dirty. I even put some alcohol on a card to clean further.

in the menus, going to the tests section the flipper hold test doesn't do anything for any of the flippers, but they do hold correctly when playing. Is this test supposed to work?

Finally I have a bang sound that comes out of speakers when powering on/off. Is that DC offset? What might need to be replaced?

3 weeks later
#1659 6 years ago

I recently got a nice TAF and I ordered all the parts for flipper rebuild (even though only 1 switch was broken)

I noticed the flippers felt a bit too strong and upon checking it seems like all the coils are higher powered than original (3 lowers are 1129). I'm wondering why they would have put in higher values?

When I got the machine I had to take off the head to transport. Before reconnecting the cables in the head I cleaned all board contacts, some of which were oxidized. Could dirty contacts have created a condition where a previous owner felt they needed to install higher value coils?

Is there any difference in the after market coils - or suggestions for the best place to order?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1661 6 years ago

These do look amazing!

#1679 6 years ago

What's the purpose of the blue bookcase pad?

#1702 6 years ago

Clarke I do think the labels of the columns for 3 ball and 5 ball are reversed on the chart.

AngryMo There's no talk anyone's mentioned about a remake. With 20,000 of the original made there are probably enough out there and 2 repro playfields are currently available as well which means plenty will rebuilt.

There's a nice TAF for sale right. I bought one recently because it was local and had color Dmd and LED'S. I also ordered a pinstadium for it which should take it to the next level since the game is a bit dark.

Sadly I will have to sell mine sometime mid next year when I can get a JJPotc. The TAF was really just to hold me over until that time since I was dying to get a pin, and I only have space for one machine.

1 year later
#2654 5 years ago

I need to check the thing hand wires, since the magnet isn't picking up the ball. Can anyone suggest how to check the wires? Do I need to remove part of the box? I'm new to owning and fixing games (though I did manage to rebuild some of the flippers.

#2679 5 years ago

Someone should sell this mod pre wired.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
30,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
16,500 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.