IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 5.00.20 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5184 Use bayonet lamp socket for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #5197 Pictures of using bayonet holders for chair bulbs. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealawyer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1662 6 years ago

Joined the club about 18 months ago after dreaming of doing so my entire adult life! Lots of small (reversible) mods done so far, including pretty much everything Lee makes (awesome products!) and upgraded speakers. Lots planned for the future (PinStadium lighting, ColorDMD, etc)...

14925384_10209933946737110_8868486266615534393_n.jpg14925384_10209933946737110_8868486266615534393_n.jpg

#1663 6 years ago

Last Halloween:

14906864_10209933967697634_8479659901899685301_n.jpg14906864_10209933967697634_8479659901899685301_n.jpg

#1665 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I feel bad guys. When I originally posted asking for interest, only 3 or 4 people said anything. So I ordered 5. I got about 12 PMs today from people who didn't originally show interest. Bummer....I would have ordered more if I knew. Very sorry to anyone that missed the initial msg.

I'm going to order some of the "unobtainable bookcase rubber pads." Shipping to the U.S. is $24.35 whether I order 1 or 10. Who wants one?

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/rubber-bumper-pads-3-3-x-1-23-used-on-taf/

#1669 6 years ago

Ok, so far I have 2 for Johnny Phantom, 2 for golfingdad1, and 1 for poffenroth. I messaged mrgregb123 to find out who else missed out on his group buy, but haven't heard back from him yet. It looks like the thread isn't getting a ton of traffic, so I'll probably wait until early next week before placing the order.

The pads are $3.96 each, plus the shipping to me cost of $24.35 divided by the number of pads, plus the cost of shipping from me to you. If we go over 12, shipping to me jumps to $38.37, but I'm ordering a couple other things as well just for me, so I'll first calculate the shipping cost just for the pads. It should go without saying, but I'm not going to charge anyone a penny over what it actually costs me.

They also have a square version and a round plug version, if anyone is interested in those.

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/square-pad-blue-rubber/
http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/rubber-bumper-pad-plug/

#1670 6 years ago

It also looks like this guy is the only supplier with a Thing box base & cover in stock. Price isn't bad, so I'll be picking one.

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/addams-family-thing-box-base-cover/

#1671 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

All new black legs.

Alex, where did you get those AWESOME dust covers??

#1673 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Customized beach towels!

Clever boy!

#1674 6 years ago

So my lower left GI lights were out. F110 fuse was fine. Wiggled the J120 connector a little and they came on dimly, but were flickering. Disconnected the connector a couple of times and then reseated, and the lights are no longer flickering, but definitely dimmer on the left side. Faulty connector?

B9244498-5349-461C-BBEF-11F66F03ED67 (resized).jpegB9244498-5349-461C-BBEF-11F66F03ED67 (resized).jpeg

#1676 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You can try a deoxidiser spray - I always try that first but I am not sure how well they actually work.
Great Halloween costume btw! And great selection on pins!

Hahaha! Thanks!

#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

You could try looking for a solder joint around the pin on the board. Sometimes a crack around the pin can cause a drop in voltage.

Thanks, I’ll look for that too. The white/brown wire at the bulb end has solid solder connections, but maybe there’s still a crack at the pin. I’m thinking oxidation is the most likely culprit, since removing the plug and reseating it several times definitely helped. The more I did it, the better it got, so there was definitely some reduction of oxidation through friction. DeoxIT spray will be here today. If that doesn’t cure it completely, I’ll look for other sources of possible voltage drop. If the pins are in good shape, I guess I’ll replace the connector next.

#1681 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

What's the purpose of the blue bookcase pad?

Presumably, it’s to prevent the bookcase from cracking from repeated hard ball strikes... same for at the end of the ramp, before it drops to the upper left flipper.

#1682 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Probably oxidation - after 25 years the metal gets corroded/oxidised and just doesn't connect as well as it used to. This is why a lot of guides recommend replacing connectors and pins, especially if you have noticeable issues or resets. You can try a deoxidiser spray - I always try that first but I am not sure how well they actually work.

I’m happy to report that the DeoxIT spray I got off Amazon worked perfectly. Shot the pins and the connector twice and let dry, per the instructions, and now the left lights are just as bright as the right, with zero flicker! Thanks, Rdoyle1978!

#1683 6 years ago

Ok, last call for the impossible-to-find blue pads. I'll place the order tomorrow.

Here's who I have so far:

Bookcase pad:

Johnny Phantom - 2 (if you only want one, let me know)
golfingdad1 - 1
poffenroth - 1
LitzDoc - 1 or 2 (if I don't hear back from you before the order, I'll just order you 1)

Square pad (like at the end of the ramp):

golfingdad1 - 2

Anyone else want a square pad? I'll be swapping my ramp for a clear one, so I'm definitely getting a square pad or two for me.

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/square-pad-blue-rubber/

#1685 6 years ago

Updating the list here, for ease of reference:

Bookcase pad:

Johnny Phantom - 2
golfingdad1 - 1
poffenroth - 1
LitzDoc - 2
ForceFlow - 1
BR80 - 1
pinballinreno - 2
jimmyb - 1

golfingdad1 - 2
ForceFlow - 3
LitzDoc - 2
pinballinreno - 2

#1687 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I will take one square pad too please. Thanks

List updated. Will place the order tomorrow.

#1689 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I need 2 blue square ramp pads. thanks

Ok, updated the list. I did find the square pads elsewhere for $.95, as opposed to $1.40.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=689

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6629

Not a massive difference, but if anyone is planning to order from Pinball Life or Marco Specialties and wants to get the square pads from them instead, let me know. At current numbers, the square pads don't add anything to the shipping cost.

#1691 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I would like 2 of the square pads and 2 of the bookcase pads please if it isnt too late.

List updated.

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from jimmyb:

I'm in for bookcase rubber please!

List updated.

#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Updating the list here, for ease of reference:
Bookcase pad:
Johnny Phantom - 2
golfingdad1 - 1
poffenroth - 1
LitzDoc - 2
ForceFlow - 1
BR80 - 1
pinballinreno - 2
jimmyb - 1

golfingdad1 - 2
ForceFlow - 3
LitzDoc - 2
pinballinreno - 2

Order placed, gentlemen (& ladies?). It won't let me send a group PM, so I'll post the initial info here, and then contact you individually, once the shipment arrives.

Shipping for 13 bookcase pads (the above list, plus 2 for me) was the same without the 9 ramp pads as it was with: $38.37. So the easiest way to split the cost is for each of us just pay $2.95 shipping per bookcase pad. The exchange rate shifted in our favor since my original post, as the bookcase pad cost was $3.60 each, instead of $3.96. 1" square pads were $1.40 each. Once the items arrive, PM me your address, and I'll let you know the total, with shipping from me to you. Anyone NOT have PayPal or Venmo?

Pre-shipping to you totals:
Johnny Phantom - $13.11
golfingdad1 - $9.35
poffenroth - $6.55
LitzDoc - $15.91
ForceFlow - $10.75
BR80 - $6.55
pinballinreno - $15.91
jimmyb - $6.55

Please check my math, folks.

Cheers,
Vaughn

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Put my new PinGraffix PinBlades on this morning. They were very easy to install and look great! I'm selling this to get a DILE, but playing it this morning was making me sad thinking about it leaving.

Looks ESPECIALLY AWESOME with those black rails! Where'd you get those?

1 week later
#1746 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Anybody catch the season finale of Ray Donovan tonight?
There was a dialogue between a few of the characters ('Bunchy and his bartender') referring to Addams Family representing to pinball what the Mona Lisa was to the Renaissance.
Thought that was kinda cool.

You beat me to it! Awesome quote, but his credibility was already sunk by claiming to be a “pinball wizard” and offering as proof that he had a high score of 178M on TAF. LOL!! I’ve had that with one ball, and I’m not even a wizard’s apprentice!

#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Yep- made me laugh a bit as well at that 'pinball wizard' score; but just thought the reference was pretty neat.

Agreed. The only downside was my wife saying, “If it’s worth that much, we should sell it.” I bought it before we met. Should put that in the pre-nup!

#1751 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Order placed, gentlemen (& ladies?). It won't let me send a group PM, so I'll post the initial info here, and then contact you individually, once the shipment arrives.
Shipping for 13 bookcase pads (the above list, plus 2 for me) was the same without the 9 ramp pads as it was with: $38.37. So the easiest way to split the cost is for each of us just pay $2.95 shipping per bookcase pad. The exchange rate shifted in our favor since my original post, as the bookcase pad cost was $3.60 each, instead of $3.96. 1" square pads were $1.40 each. Once the items arrive, PM me your address, and I'll let you know the total, with shipping from me to you. Anyone NOT have PayPal or Venmo?
Pre-shipping to you totals:
Johnny Phantom - $13.11
golfingdad1 - $9.35
poffenroth - $6.55
LitzDoc - $15.91
ForceFlow - $10.75
BR80 - $6.55
pinballinreno - $15.91
jimmyb - $6.55
Please check my math, folks.
Cheers,
Vaughn

Well shipping from Australia was faster than I thought. The bookcase/ramp bumper pads are here. If your name is in the list above, please PM me your address so I can calculate shipping to you.

Cheers,
Vaughn

1 week later
#1757 6 years ago

So I just ordered a new speaker panel, since mine was a little scratched, and I'm about to install this:

I found one on http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au. With shipping, it was only $87, because of the exchange rate. Best price I've found, by far. I also ordered a clear ramp, since that was only $111 shipped... With our recent group purchase, it seems I'm down under pinball's best customer... Hmmm... What else do I "need" that takes advantage of the great exchange rate??

1 week later
#1781 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

So.... Yeah...
Not exactly sure what's going on here... It wasn't to mount the speakers! WTF???
Anyone have a decent used speaker panel they don't need?
Thanks!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

I have one I may be willing to part with.

#1783 6 years ago

Anyone know the part number or specs for the white rubber rings double stacked behind the bookcase? Had one break the other day. I'd like to place the order this afternoon, but I'm at work, so I can't measure the ring.

Edit:
Never mind. I found an Operations Manual online:

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/20/Bally_1992_The_Addams_Family_Manual.pdf

Looks like it's Williams 23-6301. I thought it would be a larger ID than 3/4".

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

My latest upgrade... finally!!!

AWESOME!! That's on the list, just have to figure out how to hide it from my wife... Did you go with the LED or LCD?

#1797 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Question????
Is there a ball save on TAF? Can't seem to find it?

Only if you lose the ball without scoring any points, which is very rare.

#1803 6 years ago

Excellent choice! Would you be up for posting a video?? I'm 99% sure I want an LED vs. an LCD. I just think it fits this game better. Yours doesn't look too bright, which is a complaint of some about the LED.

#1805 6 years ago

Ok, tech gurus:

I'll try here first rather than the general tech page (hope that's ok). [Side note: I wish there were just individual game forums, especially for the most popular games like TAF, MM, AFM, etc. It would be better for a lot of reasons, including the fact that there are lots of topics within this thread that would be easier to find/follow as individual threads.]

I installed the Gold ROMS a while back (sacrilegious for some, I know), and the family really enjoys the additions, but we've lamented the lack of the "Extra Ball" button to continue play at the end of a game. A previous owner of my machine modified the coin door to add a dollar bill feeder, which was later removed and replaced by a plate to cover the hole (and the volume/system mode buttons were also relocated) also prior to me purchasing it.

SO, while I'm averse to drilling a hole in my cabinet to install the extra button in the OEM Gold position, I'm perfectly fine with drilling the cover plate on the modified coin door. My question is, once I install the button, to what do I wire it?

Cheers,
Vaughn

#1815 6 years ago

In the context of a pinball machine, what's a "head"?

ebay.com link: itm

Anyone else have black rubber? Kinda digging it. Also, this seems like a really good price for this machine. Anyone in MN want to join our club?

1 week later
#1828 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can get the ramp flap metal? Didn’t realize the clear ramp from Mr. Pinball wouldn’t include them...

#1832 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Pinrestore.com has it.

All I see there are rivets. I need the actual metal flaps.

1 week later
#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

a company in Germany or UK will mail die cut versions to you, it's been a while - I'll take a look

Thanks, fast. Please let me know.

3 weeks later
#1939 6 years ago

I've looked for the same thing. I'd like to do a custom padded vinyl top to cover just my playfield, since it's near a window. I don't want to cover the whole pin, have it be a vinyl piece the size of the glass (maybe with magnets on the corners) a 1 image of the playfield printed on the vinyl.

#1944 6 years ago

Yours inspired my idea, Alex.

1 month later
#2046 6 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE CPR TAF PLAYFIELD RUN:
The final shipments to the very last of the TAF Waiting List went out in February, completing our service to the vast Preorder and Waiting Lists we had collected for 2+ years for this crucial playfield run. We consider those who "raised their hands" to be served and settled at this point. Nobody left to formally contact. No TAF playfields left coming thru clearcoat. Those few who remained silent, and didn't follow through, we will no longer hold on for at this point.
Thus tonight, the remaining stock of the TAF playfields that were abandoned are now public on our web site, open to general sales until they are gone.
Anybody who never previously knew of the run, never signed up, just got the game, etc... if you're out there, the next weeks/months will be a crucial time to make a decision on these. We all know how dry the hobby was for TAF playfield prospects the last 7-8 years... we're going to be headed back into that era (likely forevermore, considering the complexity/cost of the licensing) where 'unobtanium' will be a dirty word for these, probably starting in 2019. We'll all be talking about how back in early 2018, these were sitting available, openly for sale at original prices. The good ol' days
So just throwing this announcement out there, as a placeholder of this point in time. Anybody who missed out, anybody who is planning on buying a TAF in the future, or even anybody who wants to have one on hand for trade bait when the hobby goes dry of these and prices rocket... govern yourselves accordingly. We don't know how long these are going to be around.
NOW AVAILABLE IN THE CPR STORE: (full gallery posted)
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Order placed for a “Gold Class” playfield!

#2048 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

They still have them?
2 days, figured the golds would all be gone by now.

His post was 10:52 last night (EDT). Just over 24 hours later, the website was showing in stock. We’ll see...

#2051 6 years ago

If I already hadn't waited 2 years and picked up my very nice silver, looks like a Gold. I would go buy another.

You had me a little worried, but Classic Playfields just marked it shipped and gave me a UPS tracking number. If I had some extra dough, I'd buy a second one and hang it on the wall to appreciate and appreciate...

1 week later
#2059 6 years ago

The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family_(pinball) page mentions as a possible aftermarket mod a "miniature Tiffany-style lamp near Thing's box"... I thought I had seen all of the available mods for this machine, but I've never seen this one.

#2063 6 years ago

I’m about to place another order from Mr. Pinball. Anyone want anything who wants to share shipping costs from Australia?

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au

#2080 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

My latest [prototype] mod. Individually painted book for the lights behind the bookcase. A couple of shades to dark, but other than that pretty sweet! #TAF

Awesome! How much?

#2090 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey all, my wife wants a Addams, so I’m looking to join the Club.
Do you all think I can find a nice shopped out TAF for around 6k? And if so could someone point me in the right direction?
I have a line on one @7k, but there’s a handful of issues (front decal has bad wrinkles, chips in the cab, scratches on the sides, cheapest LEDs, needs a shop job, Dirty) I believe should bring down the price a little... maybe I’m wrong. Lemmeknow

$6K? Maybe 2-3 years ago? Now, no way. $6K for a basket case, MAYBE. Agree with MMR: $7K min for nicely shopped TAF if you get REALLY lucky, but more realistically, $8K+.

#2097 6 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

What condition is it in is the key?

Exactly!

3 months later
#2244 5 years ago

Installed my latest mod last night:

E2E32B14-7BD7-40EC-B346-DD908A099353 (resized).jpegE2E32B14-7BD7-40EC-B346-DD908A099353 (resized).jpegE900A247-680D-4620-B1BB-34EC57003E3F (resized).jpegE900A247-680D-4620-B1BB-34EC57003E3F (resized).jpeg
#2248 5 years ago

Light speaker panel, hinge magnets.
Very Nice!

Actually, I did the speaker panel a WHILE sago, but maybe I forgot to post pics. I love it though! The hinge covers are the new mod. I couldn’t be happier with them! As with most light-mod pics, it looks WAY better in person.

#2249 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

How did that panel mod work on TAF? I didnt think it would work for that game with the thing lights across the bottom.

Worked no problem at all. The panel has cutouts for each letter, and you just transfer the Thing board over. Piece of cake. I’ve had the speaker panel on for a WHILE now—got one of the early ones before the price drop. My only real complaint about it was the price, but it’s much more reasonable now for the ultimate at $229, I think, as opposed to $299. I didn’t regret the purchase at the higher price. Installation was a bit of a bear. Actually the easy part was the Thing board. Everything else, not so much, largely due to not the clearest instructions. Plus, you have to remove the black adhesive backing from your panel cover, or buy a new one, which is what I opted for since mine had a bit of a scratch. In the end though, totally worth it! It looks even nicer in person. I was about to buy one for my T2, but Dan (LPM owner) told me to wait about 2 months because they’re in the process of making a number of small improvements to the panels to make them nicer/easier to install. I appreciated his candor in wanting me to be satisfied vs. wanting to get rid of his old stock.

7 months later
#2757 5 years ago

Didn’t realize this was a thing! SWEET!!! Just ordered mine!

1 week later
#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

One good thing about TAF is that I never overcook my dinner because I'm in the middle of a good game that goes on forever. A great game lasts 3 minutes. :p
I figure this thing is going to force me to be a better player since EVERYTHING directs the ball STDM. Don't quite get the ball into the vault? It runs back off the side of the bookcase and SDTM. Right loop and forget to nudge? Then right through the middle of the jets it goes and SDTM. Not quite enough power to make the middle ramp, back down and SDTM it goes. Hit the chair but not perfectly centered, slingshots the ball back to SDTM. The design is cruel!

This is how I feel about my AC/DC Premium, except it's outlanes. Never get more than a few minutes per game. My TAF isn't too bad on STDM. Don't know why. Can get LONG games on it from time to time.

3 weeks later
#2901 5 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Had anyone ordered the new mirrored cpr backglass?
I’m needing a new translight but might just go with the new backglass. Just wanted to get someone’s opinion on the colors/darkness of the print before I decide

I installed mine over the weekend. It looks AMAZING!! I'll try to post some pics tonight.

#2903 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I feel like this is probably a rhetorical question given how awkward it is to remove the telephone plastic, but how would one remove the clear plastic at the far right at the back of the machine, behind the Thing box? I can't see how it would be possible to get any size screwdriver back there, even though there are cutouts in the plastic to reach the screws (like the telephone plastic).
Surely I don't have to remove the playfield to get to this?
Thanks in advance

I removed mine altogether, and replaced it with the pencil sharpener phone (with LED). Looks WAY better. The phone plastic is riveted to the corner plastic, but it was easy to drill out. You just need a long skinny Phillips head screwdriver to get into the slots to remove the corner plastic.

#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thanks. I think we're thinking of different bits.. there is a stack of clear plastics right at the back of the machine behind the Thing box. The stack of 3 plastics that the upright phone one is riveted to (with a blue one on the top) is a different set. That one can be removed with a long thin screwdriver as you suggest (although it is a massive pain).
[quoted image]

Ok, so it's not the very back corner piece, but it's still in the corner generally. You can remove the plastic with phone is riveted to with a long skinny Phillips head. That's what the slots are for.

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Again, not the blue plastic that the phone plastic is riveted to... I mean the one right at the back right of the playfield, circled in red in my image above. It's not attached to the blue plastic stack that is on the side of the playfield.

Oh sorry. I used a right-angle Phillips head to get to that. You could also use a Phillips bit with a socket to fit the base of it.

1 month later
#2999 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

WOW, just added Pinstadium lights to my first pin, I can finally play Addams Family with the lights off like it was back in the old arcade days! What a difference, with such a lack of GI lights on Addams, the game is really dark in a dimly lit room. Now, I can see everything clearly and the light show from the UV flashers is awesome! The mirror blades just add to the light chaos! Great mod for sure. Not needed in some games, but this one for sure.
Firs picture I just added LED, Middle is with pin stadium, last is game assembled with mirror blades and NO pinstadium in daytime.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

AWESOME!! What a difference!! Have it installed on my T2 and have one for TAF, but haven’t installed it yet.

3 weeks later
#3067 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That looks horrible

I’m inclined to agree with you. To each his own.

#3069 4 years ago

So hard to get any decent photos of Led's in backglass's.

True.

2 months later
#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Okay so I'm at a crossroads here... My TAFG came with a full LED kit and some had already been swapped out but during seance mode last night I finally realized what you guys have been talking about... Thought I was going to have a seizure...
The LED kit I have is based on the ultra bright white bulbs where I prefer the more warm white bulbs... I'm pretty sure the kit that came with my game are "ghosting" LEDs which seem to play nicer with the OCD boards. However, I'm sort of thinking about abandoning the kit that I have (at least the bright white GI bulbs) and going with warm white non-ghosting LEDs which I think look more natural to begin with but don't seem to play as nicely with the OCD board(s).
Perhaps the middle ground here is keep the kit, but buy warm white "ghosting" LEDs for the GI and use the rest of the kit in all of the inserts and such combined with both OCD boards... I don't know... LOL
Thanks,
Jeff

Can't speak to the OCD piece of it, but I'd recommend the sunlight over the warm.

2 months later
#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Question, have any of you TAF owners ever installed the newer latch/lock/lift system for the playfield that newer 90s Bally/Williams machines have in them? I am in the process and/or going to start a restoration on mine and would like to add this system as I dislike the access to playfield for repairs. If someone has would like to know what issues they ran into if any.

I was just thinking this last night as I was under my TAF playfield. Can this be done?? Same issue for T2. Annoying!!

3 weeks later
#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I have the mirrored back glass on my TAFG and REALLY like it... Totally worth the cost.
Jeff

Agreed! Definitely needs LEDs to brighten it up, though!

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Sounds cool! Any pics?

Better yet--video????

#3459 4 years ago

I've seen that video. But that doesn't show me what it looks like in a TAF...

2 months later
#3632 4 years ago

Ok, fellow TAF owners. I sent my Fliptronics board out for repair and ordered a Rottendog to have as a backup. Thing is, I forgot to take a picture of the board before I removed it, and now I’m not sure which connectors go where. The ribbon cable connections I got. But the rest of them, I’d rather not guess.

I have three harness plugs, 2 6-wire plugs and 1 4-wire plug. It looks like the one with 4 black wires plugs into H8.

I assume the one with orange/black-gray/black-purple/black-blue/blank/black-green plugs into J906? Oriented left to right like that?

If so, then it’s orange/black/blank/black-yellow/blue/green-purple to plug into J905?

Also, I don’t see a possible cable to connect to the J907 9-pin plug. Is that extra on the Rottendog board? If anyone has pics with those connections not hidden by a ribbon cable (all I can find online), that’d be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Vaughn
20CAA1FF-E2FF-4B2A-8836-5C9EE8FCB409 (resized).jpeg20CAA1FF-E2FF-4B2A-8836-5C9EE8FCB409 (resized).jpeg

#3634 4 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

I also have the RD Fliptronics 2 board. The 4 pin black wires bundle at the upper right of the board in your pic is no longer used. Nothing in J907. Pics for the other connections below.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!! Thanks!! I have a working upper right flipper finally!!

3 months later
#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

What secrecy? There is no secrecy. i disclosed that it was drpinball.co.uk in my post.

What screen did you use?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.95
$ 1,159.00
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealawyer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome?tu=sealawyer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.