5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,987 posts
  • 354 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by fatality83
  • Topic is favorited by 215 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 983 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B673E7FC-079C-47E2-A3AA-B691B2AF13A3 (resized).jpeg
pcb (resized).jpg
plunger (resized).jpg
coil (resized).jpg
hole (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
539EC5E7-65C9-40DA-9135-5A60D692D56B (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).JPG
IMG_0804 (resized).JPG
IMG_0802 (resized).JPG
IMG_0792 (resized).JPG
IMG_0789 (resized).JPG
2019-04-30_10-19-11 (resized).png
2019-04-30_10-19-40 (resized).png
2019-04-29_20-46-33 (resized).png
E555C168-C14B-472B-8F13-A4E28987F03E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2064 1 year ago

I am really thinking about buying a CPR playfield but looks to me like the colors see off "much brighter" i cant tell if its just the pictures or what. Anybody have any thoughts that has seen them in person compared to their game.

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, they're brighter than the ones that went out with machines back in the 90's. But correct or not? I can't say. I DO like it, the bright colors look sooooo nice.

Yeah I may have to breakdown and buy one, I don't think I will be able to find somebody to restore my original

#2071 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I had a CPR repro on order but decided to cancel. I figure now that everyone bought the repro, great condition originals will be more valuable. Second, some of CPR's colors (eg. the greens), while "original" according to the factory films, never actually looked that way on any original playfield. So the playfields look great, but don't look right to avid TAF players.
Not trying to start a debate here, I think it's great CPR made these as many TAF playfields are trashed. But if you have an original PF in great condition with maybe a couple of small flaws, I'd hang onto it.

I agree with you %100, mine is not trashed but not good either and with the right skilled restorer would blow any remake away.

#2085 1 year ago
Quoted from thedoctor:

What's with all the trashy machines in the market lately being passed off for "collector quality" at ridiculous prices? I see there's also a TOTAN playfield for around $6000. Has the site been overtaken by scammers or are people really this presumptuous about their used stuff?

thedoctor see my thread below o asked this same question. I took a step back from pinball for about a year and now I can’t believe the prices. People more or less attribute it to supply being so low. Games getting bought up restored and not leaving collectors hands. It’s crazy

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-prices

#2086 1 year ago

Does anybody have an original playfield from a swap that they did or are doing that is in ok shape. I would like to buy one to restore

#2089 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey all, my wife wants a Addams, so I’m looking to join the Club.
Do you all think I can find a nice shopped out TAF for around 6k? And if so could someone point me in the right direction?
I have a line on one @7k, but there’s a handful of issues (front decal has bad wrinkles, chips in the cab, scratches on the sides, cheapest LEDs, needs a shop job, Dirty) I believe should bring down the price a little... maybe I’m wrong. Lemmeknow

Based on what I have been seeing I don’t think that’s going to cut it. Probably looking at 8-9k

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

$8K? I think mine would be on a truck heading to the lone star state as we speak.

What condition is it in is the key?

#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have had mine for about 15 years and I paid $900 for it back then. Its in really nice shape. Are they really going for $8k now? I dont think I have seen that.

That was a steal, if the wear is minimal to none yeah it’s worth that

2 weeks later
#2135 1 year ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

any help on this?

Do you have a picture of the connector. It may be easier to help you out.

#2139 1 year ago

Pinball life may have them too. Great Plains is another good resource

#2144 1 year ago

Can one of you guys take a picture of the wiring on the light back board. Mine is hacked to crap. And I want to rebuild the wire harness. Whoever owned the game before me staples in bayonet sockets and put 455 bulbs in.

#2147 1 year ago

bryan_kelly are you sure that’s right. That’s what mine looks like I assumed that silver wire and bayonet sockets are a hack.

#2149 1 year ago
Quoted from PinZig:

Nope, that's how mine is wired as well. They are controlled lamps, not GI.

Wow learned something new today

1 week later
#2185 1 year ago

Has anybody on here used the Phoenix arcade decals on their game. Wanted to know if you found they were easy to work with.

#2188 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’ve purchased a lot of decals from Phoenix , they’ve got a great product. I have their TZ front decal they did a short run of, it is great, easy as can be I guess
Edit;
Ive been looking for a front decal, where did you find Phoenix arcade decals? I don’t see them on their site

eBay but you have to buy the set. Email darin see if he has any front decals laying around he will sell

2 weeks later
#2201 12 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

How the hell do you get to the back edge of the playfield to clean and take the ramps off? It's on a damn pivot nut and it's too close to the top edge to fit any tools back there.. is the only option to remove the damn entire playfield from the game? I'm not sure my wife and I can get it out, it's too bloody heavy.

I am afraid so it’s a giant pain in the ass but the only way is to pull it from the game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, MN
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toms River, NJ
$ 1,099.00
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
€ 18.95
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Worth, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mukwonago, WI
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 47.00
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside