6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,577 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by robgo777
  • Topic is favorited by 253 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,142 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3180 (resized).jpeg
F0DCBC01-F548-429D-AC2D-1FCD01574F69 (resized).jpeg
TAF Thing Board Comparison Small (resized).jpg
82CB50C0-2701-4BF6-BF3D-AB51CB5FE2AB (resized).jpeg
800px-WPCPowerBoxInside (resized).jpg
IMG_20200122_221943955 (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 7 26 12 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 7 11 27 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 7 11 16 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 7 05 09 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 6 49 21 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 6 49 11 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Jan 19, 6 50 04 PM (resized).jpg
7f336f318d27168fa5d871dc54a92f9b (resized).jpg
BD080232-B757-427E-B9CA-2CF78D5F8CE7 (resized).jpeg
20200104_095014 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metahugh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from GameVault:

I have TAF and realized the previous owner had put bolts only to hold the playfield in. When lifting the playfield up, the bolt are starting to shift out and the playfield will eventually fall.
What is the correct playfield swivel nut/bolt?
Thanks, it driving me nuts!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4322-01123-20B
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4329

3 months later
#477 4 years ago

I've got to find an Addams to buy, I love this game.

3 years later
#2886 11 months ago

These are the same dimensions as the originals and are in stainless steel:

https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-playfield-hanger-short/

#2888 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Those are really nice!
Mantis makes the short and long versions. Measure to be sure.

The short are the ones that match TAF.

IMG_1635 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2905 11 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thanks. I think we're thinking of different bits.. there is a stack of clear plastics right at the back of the machine behind the Thing box. The stack of 3 plastics that the upright phone one is riveted to (with a blue one on the top) is a different set. That one can be removed with a long thin screwdriver as you suggest (although it is a massive pain).
[quoted image]

You can lift the playfield off the pivots and slide it a bit more forward to get some extra room to work. The pivot point would rest directly on the playfield wood. Just don’t pull it too far forward.

1 month later
#2949 10 months ago

Has anyone installed an IPB plastic set and had problems with the holes not being drilled properly in the telephone stacked plastic assembly that goes beside Thing?

It looks like all vendors have the same issue.2019-04-29_20-46-33 (resized).png

I bought this set from Planetary but Marco's set shows the same flaw. It wouldn't be a problem if the two clear plastics in the stack were drilled the same way but they are not.

#2952 9 months ago
Quoted from jj44114:

The set I got from planetary looks like the top one in your pic. The two holes are a little too close together. The clears line up fine. The issue was the metal bracket that holds the telephone plastic partially covers the hole for the spacer and didn’t leave enough room to insert the screw through the spacer tabs. Rather than enlarge the hole, I snipped off the tabs on the spacer. Line up fine after that.

Thanks for that info! You are absolutely correct; if you use the existing holes the bracket for the telephone plastic will not allow the screw to clear the hole. I was originally going to drill the clear plastics to keep from modifying the colored plastic but the problem I saw is the clear plastics still won't line up properly with the top blue plastic. The original plastics all line up perfectly. So based on that I decided to drill the top plastic, since the screw head is big enough to cover most of the enlarged hole.

I assume all of the TAF plastic sets out there are old IPB stock. There are other things about the sets I am not hot about. For example these bookcase signs:

2019-04-30_10-19-11 (resized).png2019-04-30_10-19-40 (resized).png

I decided to use the original over the new, even though it is a bit damaged.

3 weeks later
#3004 9 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

WOW, just added Pinstadium lights to my first pin, I can finally play Addams Family with the lights off like it was back in the old arcade days! What a difference, with such a lack of GI lights on Addams, the game is really dark in a dimly lit room. Now, I can see everything clearly and the light show from the UV flashers is awesome! The mirror blades just add to the light chaos! Great mod for sure. Not needed in some games, but this one for sure.
Firs picture I just added LED, Middle is with pin stadium, last is game assembled with mirror blades and NO pinstadium in daytime.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just my personal opinion, but the stock lighting looks great with the correct LEDs. I just finished my TAF restore and used the following Comet bulbs for the GI:

Twin 2835 SMD 6.3V AC/DC INTENSE BRIGHTNESS with FROSTED LENS - Frosted - #44/#47 Bayonet - Warm White

Your game looks really washed out with the Pinstadium lights. Glad you like it though since that is all that matters

8CB65AA2-DDF4-4948-87A9-CCA8ABDC3A59 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#3104 7 months ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Woundering if the communiry can supply with some info out of the manual. Im looking for the 4 flipper coil numbers i need ro make sure i order the correct coils to replace the coils on my machine. I dont have a manual yet so these numbers will help me know what is suppose to be installed. Thanks

https://www.ipdb.org/files/20/Bally_1992_The_Addams_Family_Manual.pdf

1 month later
#3248 6 months ago

Not perfect but see if this helps.9A1D6362-F608-4915-8450-3C3FEDC583BA (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metahugh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside